PDA

View Full Version : Help! To sash or to sash (a teal top)

yumi6desu
07-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi Girls,

I'm ordering some frocks, to get me started as real CD and try to make a pretty pic (where is the teen girl squeal emodicon...?). But I was viciously trampled by another EBAY bidder and didn't get the sexy satiny teal top to die for on Thurs.. There are others of course of lesser sexiness
(I got one, not as sexy...more a sweater, but darling fabric and color . But that sash stuck in my mind. I mean HEY! I ain't built like Paris or Nicole K, I should offset my swimmers shoulders with a"tailleur" effect to my waist (have been skipping the pie and ice cream!)
so I thought I could orde a scarf to use as a sash. Is this a good idea? Should I look for a belt instead (neutral color) to do this for me. R not sashes more feminine? ...I think. what do I know? hey, when I go shopping I usually stop at the dispaly and say "Hey that ice axe has more titanium than mine does...
how much is it?...well maybe also do they have it in burgundy or teal? :rolleyes:

Any way, forget the ice axe... and the new Asolo multi-function boots nearby. What about a scarf as a sash. I could get ateal one but thought lite blue would be a cute contrast to go with a tan corduroy mini when Kosak
FEDEX man brings it.

I do think I am making progress here as I didn't bid on the peach Juicy couture veolur set (Yumiko, girl remeber your age, I say) :o

Guess I ll leave for my next thread but I need to find coaching on what foundation to buy, but if any make up gurus out there, don't be shy.

Fashionistally yours, Yumi

Natalie x
07-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Yumi, you are suitably mad to be a member here!

Scarf as sash? Hmm, couldn't say. Have you looked at other online stores as an alternative to ebay?

Foundation - a tip I was given by a gg friend is, when shopping for foundation, try the tester on the palm of your hand to see if it suits your skin colour. (Obviously you have to do that in a shop :p )

DonnaT
07-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Can't quite picture the top. Do you have a link to it's picture?

yumi6desu
07-21-2005, 06:13 PM
yes Donna dear...you are the thourough one, I'd say....

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/6b/45/52_1_b.JPG

DonnaT
07-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Nice, but I don't see a sash on it.

yumi6desu
07-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Your point is taken. i guess i'll just wait till top gets here and see how it is alone.

thank you both for your nice comments :)

Yumi