PDA

View Full Version : looking for support!

samantha78
07-30-2004, 10:58 AM
I have this fear that I'm going to be hated for my crossdressing. I was married for 2 years and my ex-wife was very supportive of me(she left me for a different guy cause of a drug problem she had) and now I just want to fulfill my life with what I always wanted to do and am now afraid to come out of the closet! What should I do?

Jennifer_Ph
07-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Wear support hose! ;) Just kidding. Take small steps out of the closet. Also, check around your local area for support groups. There are a lot of them and many meet weekly or monthly. It is really refreshing to participate in a group like this because even though the internet does a good job of it, talking face to face with other CD's really takes that "I'm all alone" feeling away.

If support groups aren't for you, perhaps there is a CD store / makeover / transformation business near you. These places can be a great resource too. It's a lot easier to step out in public after a professional makeover because you don't have to worry about if your makeup is right - you just have to worry about everything else. But if nothing else, it takes one more thing off your mind - and having it professionally done is a real confidence booster.

Many of the girls here are in the same place you are. Just continue to participate in this forum and we'll help you all we can. Good luck. And oh yeah. Welcome to the forum!

HillaryArtemis
07-30-2004, 11:21 AM
This is a perfectly natural feeling. I had it for many years, I have grown not care. I guess it all depends upon how often and how much you dress. It is probably harder to do it full time compared to part time.

This place is good for support.

JodiArtemis

Julie
07-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Samantha,

From my point of view, which is based on personal experience, I'd do this:

Do your best to present yourself in as feminine a way as possible. Spend time learning about all you can to achieve a look that is non-offensive. Try to look GG if possible. Get the makeup, clothing, etc. down to your satisfaction. Post pictures here if you want some input. Voice and walk are less important than poise. Just be yourself, the rest will come.
Once you have achieved this then get dressed and hop in your car and take a drive. Start at night if you feel the need to but try to make a day outing too. While you are out work towards getting out of the car, etc. to gain some confidence.
Find a GLBT (gay, lesbian, bi, transgender) friendly establishments in your area. Call them if you wish to see if they are in fact open to the TG community. Some special night take your time to make up your best girl self. Once you are dressed, grab your purse and head for the door.
Drive to the GLBT friendly place and just walk in. Find a spot at the bar, introduce yourself to the bartender and order a drink. Then just sit back and enjoy the moment. Soon enough you will find people there are friendly and the conversation will flow.
If you have a camera, bring it and take pictures. You'll want them later to remember the fabulous time you had!
Then next morning you will wake up with the most incredible feeling! It's like a high you never experienced. Try to keep your feet on the ground, it will be hard I know, but you can do it. From that point it's all downhill.

I am going out tonight and tomorrow, by myself if necessary. I have been out by myself more often than with a friend and either way I have fun. The only big difference is it's easier to take pictures with a friend there.

Keep us informed on your progress.

samantha78
08-03-2004, 09:39 AM
I love all the support to the way That I feel here and am looling to make friends. but it's fear that stands in my way! it's diminishing little by little fron all the responses that this communith but it ultimately stands in the way!