PDA

View Full Version : Wearing a kilt in boy mode

Toni_Lynn
09-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi all

I haven't contributed much lately for various reasons, all of them personal and all of them pointing to a maturing in my CDing. I haven't stopped in any way or form, and my wife is still 100% supportive. Its just that I am growing and maturing in my CDing, and it is becoming more and more comfortable, if not ordinary in my life.

One of the really cool things that has happened is that I have begun to wear a kilt when in boy mode. It is a proper Scottish kilt, pleats in the back, apron in the front, etc -- yes - it is a man's garment.

I quite like it. I get to wear something like a skirt when in boy mode. Maybe it appeals to the tomboy in me. I don't feel that've sold out as far as CDing goes -- cause I still CD, and the lines of demarcation are there, i.e. I won't ry to look femme when kilted. Oh - I guess to answer the question of what's worn beneath the kilt, the answer is -- nothing -- its all in working order :)

Seriously, I wear boy style panties such as Hanes authentic.

Reactions have been totally positive .. not a mean glance or snarky comment at all. They range from -- comments like "way cool" to a nod and a smile to no reaction at all. This has been at restaurants, Walmart, the mall, and even in church.

Which leads me to belief that .. well ... I won't go into that but there is something about the self-comfort and self-assurance level that one has no matter how they are dressed that goes a long way toward public acceptance.

Huggs

Toni-Lynn

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Congrats, I too love a good kilt. I've gotten more bold myself and occasionally wear actual skirts when I'm out in boy mode too, which gets the occasional glance, but otherwise I've been treated pretty ok. People do tend to react to a kilt a bit more positively, but I think that's also because it stands out more with the tartan and all that.

sissystephanie
09-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I am sooo jealous! I want to wear an authentic Kilt so badly. But a good one is a little too expensive for my pocketbook right now!

Since I routinely go out wearing a skirt in male mode anyway, I sure wouldn't hesitate to wear a Kilt. After all, I am part Scots and have a Tartan to wear. I already have a Bowtie, Cummerbund, and regular necktie in my Tartan, but would love to have both a Kilt and a Tartan skirt!

My dear late wife had always done my makeup and wig, so when she passed away 4+ years ago, I just decided to become a guy in a skirt!!:heehee: As I said above, I now do it routinely. Going almost everywhere that way, except to Church. I am always underdressed enfemme anyway. BTW, do you wear the Kilt in proper style, that is "commando" style?

PetiteDuality
09-27-2009, 12:33 PM
A kilt is boywear. What is so strange about wearing a kilt in drab?

anna kate
09-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Just for giggles, I always under dress when I wear my kilt. Doesn't matter if it's an all male thing or not.