PDA

View Full Version : Breast Forms turned Color

shawn123
09-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I bought a new bathing suit, and of course didn't pre-wash it because we had a snap of nice weather and I wanted to wear it. To make a long story short, now my breast forms have a slight blueish - purple tint to them.

Does anyone have any ideas on cleaning them? As soon as I noticed it, I covered them with a paper-towel moistened with adhesive remover (the kind I use on them), and some plastic to keep it moist, but I don't think that's going to take the color out.

Thanks

Kerrylee61
09-27-2009, 05:00 PM
I guess you could say that you now have "cold boobs" :D

Not much help am I?

Kerry

Alana Beaumont
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
well, you could try a watered down bleach solution. Something really mild that wont eat through the outer layer. BTW, what do you use to adhere them? I have a pair but need adhesive and have never bought any before.

JenniferR771
09-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Some colors are sensitive and bleached by ultraviolet light. Perhaps you could put them outside in the sun for a day. Cover a small part with tape or sunscreen--so you can tell if it actually worked--after a few hours.

Alana, I used Locktite Duro Spray Adhesive last week for the first time, last week. I thought it worked OK. Cost about $5.99. I cleaned up with Goo Gone. The link:
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/products/detail.asp?catid=56&subid=127&plid=223

Rebecca Jayne
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Plastics have a memory with color.
The more you try to remove the color the more it will
harm your forms.

Shalk this episode to
"Been There, Done that"

And I would invest in Black Bras, dear.

Alice B
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Don't worry. No one will see them. Trying to use chemicals to clean them up could cause damage.

sherri52
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Put them in a container with white vinegar. Vinegar cleans almost anything but make sure it's white.

andreana
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
hollisters, is a bit pricey but well worth it. make sure you get adhesive remover when you get the adhesive

Hope
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
They are not damaged, the color change just means they are finally ripe. The ones you get at the store are always picked too green anyway.

Jilmac
09-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Try a dab of denatured alcohol on an inconspicuous spot. It shouldn't damage the silicone but use only a small amount to be sure. If it removes the color with no damage then go ahead and use it on the forms. If the alcohol does the trick, wash them with a mild soap, rinse thoroughly, and towel dry. Then enjoy your clean forms.

TJ Tresa
09-27-2009, 08:57 PM
I guess you could say that you now have "cold boobs" :D

Not much help am I?

Kerry

:eek:Sorry I ain't much help either, but I have to agree. Tell everyone that it's cold.

ChelseaC
09-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I had this happen with a black lacy under shirt that left the edges of my almost new forms purple.
All I did was dab in some foundation to cover up the color and blend it in.
After another 7-10 uses the color had faded from the back of the forms so I assume it got sucked into my skin in wicked off in sweat.

Do not do anything drastic to your forms, Use some concealer or foundation if your forms take well to make up.

Jadeanne
09-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Here is something that no one else has mentioned yet -

Try contacting the vendor you bought them from and ask them.

marny
09-27-2009, 11:08 PM
10 to 1 vinegar and water. 3 days. you're good

Shelly67
09-28-2009, 12:02 AM
For adhesives .......
http://www.thebreastformstore.com/

shawn123
09-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I also noticed that one has a tiny tear in it, so I guess it's time for a new set. Might as well get a really nice set now. These were fairly cheap on e-bay, but I don't think I could even consider dressing without them now. It just wouldn't be the same.

shawn123
09-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Darn... forgot to mention. I vary the adhesive that I use depending on what I'm going to be doing.

I use 'It-Stays' from the breastform store for days when I'm wearing something supportive and not planning on sweating a lot. It goes on like a roll-on and keeps everything in place, but it's water soluable, so if you sweat too much things tend to shift. Easy to clean up afterward too. A little soap and water and it's all gone.

If I'm planning on being active, or wearing something less supportive, or going swimming I use hollisters. Spray it on, put the forms on with a supportive bra for 10 min or so, and you can go bra-less if you want. Be sure to get the adhesive remover as well. You'll need it to clean you and the forms up afterward. I've swam in a triangle top (38c), showered, slept, etc. in forms with this adhesive without a problem.