PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest time you have worn heels?

Barbara_Jean
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi
I am just getting started in CD and only wore heels for a very short time. I am going away in 2 weeks and will be able to dress every night for a week, so I thought I should practice today since I am working on computer set ups and will be alone. I have been wearing 3 inch heels since abour 1PM and it is now 8:30PM. Yes my feet hurt, but it's a good hurt!! I am also wearing Panties and Panty Hose. I am getting the hang of it pretty well too, so I should be ready!
I just thought it might be interesting to see how long people can go in heels.
Regina Ann

Alice B
09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
4: heels for 10 hours with no problems.

sherri52
09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
If you count falling asleep with them on probably about 22 hours. I think nothing of wearing heels all day. They are more likely to hurt me when I'm resting for a long preiod. They never seem to hurt when I'm walking or standing.

Karren H
09-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Never long enough!!! sigh.......

Nicole Erin
09-27-2009, 08:54 PM
I once wore 10 feet tall heels for 3 months straight and ran a marathon, we were running around a mall on teenager night and no one said a word.

Michelle_Sullivan
09-27-2009, 08:58 PM
I just thought it might be interesting to see how long people can go in heels.
Regina Ann

I wear heels most days, all day.. of course I take them off to sleep... :D

windycissy
09-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Wearing heels around the house is one thing, pounding the pavement in them in a city like San Francisco is quite the challenge, those hills are tough, especially if you rode BART into the City, and you're gonna have to keep 'em on till you get home...I agree with the "good hurt" comment, but it sure feels good to kick them off!

vivianann
09-28-2009, 02:33 AM
If you have heels that are comfortable you should be able to go all day in them. I can usually go all day in 2 to 3 inch heels without discomfort. taller heels I can usually go 2 to 3 hrs before my feet start screaming help. I do have a pair of 5 inch stelletto's that I can wear that does not kill my feet.

erickka
09-28-2009, 05:57 AM
Last Halloween, 10 hours of shopping, walking, etc in my 5" Oh Deer leather pumps. No problems, since they fit like a glove and are SUPER comfy.

Raychel
09-28-2009, 06:06 AM
Last haloween for me too, About 8 hours. Hoping to set a new personal best this year. :heehee::heehee:

veronica
09-28-2009, 06:15 AM
5" pumps : 7 hours...but that included a great deal of sitting.:daydreaming:

Sara Jessica
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Last time I checked, this isn't really a contest.

I once wore 10 feet tall heels for 3 months straight and ran a marathon, we were running around a mall on teenager night and no one said a word.

That was you??? OK, you win! ;)

Wearing heels around the house is one thing, pounding the pavement in them in a city like San Francisco is quite the challenge, those hills are tough, especially if you rode BART into the City, and you're gonna have to keep 'em on till you get home...I agree with the "good hurt" comment, but it sure feels good to kick them off!

Seriously, this is totally true. Wear your crazy heels around the house for 12 hours straight, sitting & standing at will, hey that's great. But take a reasonable high heel out and about for several hours and you'll learn a new meaning of pain. Women who do this regularly either don't bother with the heels or take perfectly timed breaks to help save their feet from at least some of the pain. Why do you think shopping always comes with lunch???

Candy Heels
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Usually all day and evening. I find that heel height is not the biggest issue with comfort; it is much more so the fit and quality of the shoe. There is no question though...wearing highheels a lot involves practice and desire.

nikki47
09-28-2009, 08:40 AM
5in heels i've worn for about 4 hours and my feet ached,but it was worth it.
I love heels.

Nikki

kasha
09-28-2009, 10:11 AM
You can get a little help with some gel inserts for both the balls of your feet and your heel. They stick to the inside of your shoe and make your steps easier to manage.

http://www.exava.com/shop?q=gel%20ball-of-foot%20cushions%20pair

Sarah Doepner
09-28-2009, 10:19 AM
There have been times when I have worn heels for most of a day. The comfort level was more related to the fit of the shoe than the time I wore them. Ten minutes on the sidewalk was plenty with one pair that I was committed to for the next several hours. Another pair I wore for hours and the only thing I noticed was how tight my calves were the next day.

Nicole Brown
09-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Regina,

Last year I wore 3" or 4" heels all day and evening for a week, just not while sleeping, well except for one evening when I feel asleep with them on. In less than 2 weeks I get to do this again and just can't wait.

Nicole

suchacutie
09-28-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't have anything except heels, one as low as 3", most 4-5", so I guess the answer for me is .. all day starting in the morning with 4" slipper/wegdies, moving to clogs, and then some form of pump.

BTW, I know this is weird, but heels and walking in them actually HELP my back, and I've recently started wearing pair of 4.5" mules in the morning when I first get up. I realized a bit ago that ever since Tina arrived in my life, my back has not gone out even once (I have been laid up for a whole week because of this darned back!).

Lastly, I totally agree about the gel or cloth inserts, but for a different use. I know that after I wore my platforms for a while, the strap over my toes stretched and I started slipping too far down with my toes hanging off. I used the inserts under the strap and the platforms fit again!!! They are 6" heels with a 2" platform.

tina

Angelofsomekind
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I tend to wear 4 to 5" heels, longest has probably been all weekend during the Be All confrences, During the day anyway, not to sleep, although I'm sure I did sleep in heels before. But yes the key is finding a pair that are comfortable for you.

SexyNatalie
09-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Myself, the longest time in heels has been about 10 hours straight.

Michelle123
09-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh my gosh. How I love my pumps. It has to be a fetish for me I think.
I wear them as much as I can, and when I lived alone for many yrs in my 30's, 40's, I tried so many times to even sleep in my pumps. I would always wake at some point during the night in awfull pain and I had to remove them, much to my dismay I must say.
I suppose to make my best estimate it would be around 18 to 20 hrs....

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I can now do about 9 hours with heels at work on average. But I give my feet a days rest between days. Kimberly Marie Kelly :battingeyelashes:

amandag
09-29-2009, 06:20 AM
The longest time without taking them off is about 9-1/2 hours in total comfort. Other shoes like some high heeled sandals I can only wear a few hours without some aches and pain in different places. Again depending on the shoe I am wearing.

Amanda

allisonrn06
09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
4.5 in heels for approximately 10 hours - very comfortable shoes, my feet never did hurt from wearing them.

JessieJones
10-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Close to 9 hours. My 4" nine west ankle boots.

Diane Smith
10-01-2009, 02:11 AM
I wear heels pretty much all the time I'm not at work, an average of 6 - 8 hours a day. My "out in boy mode" heels are fairly bland in style but do range from 3-1/2" to 4", which helps keep my feet and ankles in shape for when I get to wear my prettier shoes.

My all-time record was about 17 hours when I once did an outing that included getting up early in the morning for nail, hair and makeup appointments, then driving three hours each way for an evening out in Chicago. I wore a pair of fancy Jimmy Choo boots with 3-3/4" heels that day. After about the tenth hour, my feet pretty much went numb and it wasn't so hard after that! :) I was too sore to walk much the next day, though! I've had a lot more practice since then so it might be easier now. It looks like I may find out this Saturday ... doing pretty much the same routine again.

- Diane

Nancd
10-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree ....The fit of the heel is the most important aspect. After 5 or 6 hours, though even the comfyest (is that a word?) heels can cause circulation pain. The longest I have worn heels; 5" 6 hours 4" the same , but a good pair of 3" heels, I can go a long time.

Nan

suchacutie
10-01-2009, 12:17 PM
One reason that my feet and back love my heels, I believe, is that I don't wear them every moment. I do think someone should say that it's important to take off the heels every now and again and flatten those feet! Stretching and variation of heel height (down to zero) is important!

We all love heels too much to not want to wear them forever!!! :)

my :2c:

tina

Carly D.
10-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Continuous I have worn for twelve hours straight maybe slightly more.. someone said they are more likely to get hurt from sitting or laying down and then getting up and trying to walk in heels and that is me.. if I am wearing the shoes while sitting down then stand up my calves tend to cramp up.. so I have to ditch the shoes until my legs get worked out.. how long have I been wearing heels?? from as far back as about 1983 or so.. and off and on when I was in grade school (while moms pumps still fit me)..

charlie
10-01-2009, 02:08 PM
I've worn 3" heels for 12 hours straight playing lots of pool and dancing. 4" and above really start hurting my feet though after 4 hours or so.

Nicole Smyth
10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I wear heels at home but when I am out that would make me over 6' 2. The couple of times I went our I wore flip flops or ladies sneakers.

Alice Torn
10-01-2009, 02:53 PM
12 hrs, in 4" heels. lots of driving, walking. Sore!

Rebecca Jayne
10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
A. F. D.

E. F. D.

Any ?'s

Karen__Starr
10-01-2009, 05:53 PM
When wearing heels it is usually all day long, from 5am in the morning until home which might be 5 in the afternoon or 9pm in the evening. Usually I wear 5 inch heels.

Linda St. John
10-01-2009, 06:05 PM
some amazing stories here ..I'm truly impressed.
My basic slippers around the house are 2" wedgies which are extremely comfortable -I hate to take them off - but real heels hurt after a few hours.