PDA

View Full Version : Things in your purse

Joan1965
09-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Hello there I need some advise on what to put in a purse. Thank you ladies!:o:love:

Ms Victoria
09-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi ya, I throw in my complete wallet and a spare set of car keys. If I travel and I am staying in a hotel, I always get two key cards. Kleenex is also a good idea. That's the basics for me. I need to know that I can always get into my car and room. I dont think i would make a good damsel in distress:) I also throw in some foundation, face powder, blush and lipstick.

Tracy_Victoria
09-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Spare set of Keys are no good if there both locked in the car. so be careful!

Cash is always good, as is plenty of fuel in the car and making sure the spare is not flat.

A bag with spare clothes (male) & make up remover is a good thing to carry too (unless you dressed in the car!) You'll be very suprized how quick you can go from male to female in an emergency.

In the purse, usual things makeup, comb/brush, etc. I normally have a spare wig to hand as well just in case.

SweetCaroline
09-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Well the obvious, such as wallets, pens, and keys. When I go out I have two wallets. One is a girl wallet where I put all the cash I'm willing to spend, the other is the male wallet I usually carry around with my Ids and Credit cards. I hide it in the middle back, but it's easier than transferring all my legal stuff to my femme wallet. I also carry a small jewelry box, with a couple spare pairs of earrings, pins and such. Combs and brushes. And basic make-up. What ever I might need to touch up or get ready quickly on a long day--Powder, Eyeshadow, Mascara, Cheek Blush, and couple tubes of lipstick.

That and about ninety other things I collect as I go along. Girls are like that. :D

Stephenie S
09-28-2009, 08:07 AM
So, I just went to look.

Wallet
Checkbook
Cellphone
Pen
Small pack of Kleenex
A few Cough Drops
A Safety Pin
Car Keys

Makeup Kit:
Cuticle Scissors
Lip Liner
Hair Pick
Nail File
Dental Floss
Mascara
Brow Pencil
Another Lip Liner
Nail Clipper
Small Hand Cream
Another Lip Liner
Tweezers
Pill Bottle

Compact:
Eye Shadow
Lip Stick
Blush

Small Hair Spray
Itch Cream For my Skin
A Few Pieces of Paper and Some Receipts

Is that enough?

What's in YOUR purse?

I liked the idea of carrying a spare set of earings. A very good idea.

DonnaT
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Among some of the usual listed above, I also carry a folding fan. I perspire too easily, and it comes in real handy at times.

And a mirror.

Kate Simmons
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
"Stuff" and that's not just an expression.:heehee:

Jeanna
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Purse:
Lipstick, blush, powder, wallet, spare key, cash , cell phone and ID

Emergency kit,
Pantyhose, heels and a coat.
Get to Drab fast items:
Change of clothes, running shoes -Very important ,ball cap,sunglasses ( can't always get all the eye makeup off in a hurry) Axe body spray( cover up the pretty smell) and makeup remover and moist towelettes.

Phyliss
09-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Makeup compact
two different shades of lippy
powder
mascara
makeup brush
hair brush
comb
nail file
Swiss Army knife
folding utility pliers
calling cards
day planner/ calendar
man wallet with license and military retired ID card basic credit cards
Ladies Clutch with store credit cards and GIRL money

" knife, bludgeon, sawed off shotgun, box of dum dum shells, nothing unusual"

sherri52
09-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Makeup, keys, money, wallet, and cell, in a nutshell

RADER
09-28-2009, 07:46 PM
My wife purse weigh's a ton. She generaly has all of the above items, plus
Liqued Tide to get out stains,Handy wipes, A book or 2 (she is a book worm)
Nile file, clippers,pictures of the grandkids,Gloves, pills, And at least 3 Bricks, Just to make it heaver.:heehee: Rader

baby beluga
09-29-2009, 02:22 AM
candy

unclejoann
10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
not only spare earrings, but spare earring posts (earrings are easier to find than posts that fall off).

also a sewing kit and a calculator and a measuring tape (all very light and useless for everyday use but good if you need them)

and an iPod

joank
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I carry make up, including compact, eye liner, blush, lip stick, lipbalm, small perfume, tissue and hand loation. Also a wallet, check book, cell phone, car/house keys, sun glasses and hair brush. List to the left.

Lorileah
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
girl rule: the amount of stuff you carry expands to fill the size of the purse. My rule, small is better. Clutch wallet, lip stick and lip balm, blush, lip liner, spare key, secret money. three flash drives and an emery board.

I also keep an extra set of car keys and a wire hanger inmy trunk in case i get locked out of the car

:)

Laura_Stephens
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
I keep one of those collapsible hairbrushes in my unsex bag.

PaulaJaneThomas
10-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Lipstick, comb, beer money :drink::drink::drink:

Teri Jean
10-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Well first of is to determine how big of a purse do you want and then fill it. LOL Also as Paula said don't forget the beer money. LOL

Teri

Seagull
10-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Actually it depends on which purse I have;
I have a variety of bags and the stuff will expand to fill the space I have found out the hard way.
I do have one bag made by Smith and Wesson that even has a place for my concealed carry permit and my .380 auto. I carry that where the permit covers geographically.

Generally though, Wallet, spare keys, mints, gum, lighter, cell phone, lippy, and compact mirror, and a small manicure kit are the staples with other items added as I travel.

MistyCD
10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
If its a big purse, then carry a Brick

If its a smaller purse, then 2 railroad spikes taped together....

Ya never know when you might have to defend yourself from some idiot, molester, or jerk that wants to harrass you, by whacking them in the head!

Ann Thomas
10-09-2009, 11:48 PM
I have a little purse, with just a bit of things in it - my wife is so jealous of it cuz it's so cute! I have a big one, and it has a few things not listed above, lol (no bricks or spikes!)

Here's my odd things not listed:
battery chargers for cell phone and camera.
Hi res camera (way better than my cell phone camera)
passport
birth certificate
emergency medical supplies - small kit from store with lots in it
essential oils (I'm trained in France as an aromatherapist)
medications (basics plus emergency doses of prescriptions)
flashlight
Drambuie

Haven't thought of carrying my gun. I have a 45 revolver I carry holstered when in the mountains due to lions and bears. (A big rock does just fine for rattlesnakes, no use wasting a bullet on them!) I used to work up at a huge farm at the base of Mt Hood, and the lions loved the area - they had a huge scratching post, 2 foot thick tree, ripped to shreds up to about 8 or 9 feet from the ground. Kinda makes you keep your hand on the gun when going near tall trees. I used to walk there every day. Never had to use the gun on them, though, they stayed away.

Anyway, my little purse has perfumes in it as well as eyeshadow.

Oh, and I always carry two sets of keys too. When under stress I tend to lock myself out alot. Second set has saved the day many times.

Hugs,
Ann

baby beluga
10-10-2009, 02:01 AM
fill your purse with salad :gfi:

things currently in my fag bag:

quarters and dimes, ipod nano, guitar picks, 4gig flash drive, 1gig flash drive, wallet, eyedrops, htc branded postit notes, altoids, medications, mini led flashlight, chapstick, gum, pen pencil highlighter, keys, work id badge, butane lighter, ipod nano fm transmitter, granola bar

Toni_Lynn
10-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Let see --- I carry a purse even in boy-mode so:

Wallet (not a male-style one)
credit cards in a little zipper pocket
passport
cell phone
usb memory stick (I AM a girl computer geek)
rosary beads (I AM proudly Roman Catholic)
wooden statue of St Anthony that has travelled with me since I was a child
mp3 player
ear buds
car keys
lippy and mascara
misc :censor:-ed items

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

sterling12
10-10-2009, 02:17 PM
In addition to The Usual Crap, I will add three items I think are critical. 1.) A decent pair of small cuticle scissors. 2.) One of those cheapie sewing kits that comes in a little 2x3 inch plastic box. make sure it has a needle threader, buttons, a thimble, and of course needles and a variety of different colored thread. 3.) At least two safety pins.

Oh, and I just remembered a fourth item....an extra pair of stockings!

Women have known about these items forever. Unless you want to do it all by trial and error, heed the information that is being presented. Also encourage some of The GG's to participate, this is an area of expertise for The Ladies.

Peace and Love, Joanie