PDA

View Full Version : The eve of going 24-7

Teri Jean
09-29-2009, 09:55 AM
As the day of dressing and presenting is near, 5 days and a wake up, the emotions and nervousness is building. Co-workers and friends and family are all waiting like the young man waiting for the date for the prom. So far there has been a lot of support and few stares. Mostly they are in shock as how someone they thought they knew could even consider this transition.

Last night I was leaving to go for coffee and wa;ked out to the truck in the drive and the woman across the alley stopped and said hi. I was dressed in jeans and a tight turtle neck top over my forms and a light jacket, and of course wig. Now she had seen someone out a few times but didn't put the two together until last night. She said hi and asked how things were going. I talked with her for a moment and then we parted. Kind of cool, no WTH or OMG but just friendly chatting.

As I get closer to the first day at work as Teri, Terry is feeling that it will be less of a problem than what we can imagine. Afterall I have you all watching my six. Thanks for your support, friendship and help. I will keep you all updated. Teri :love:

CharleneT
09-29-2009, 10:52 AM
I think the "young man" will be pleased :) in a metaphoric sense of course.

You have prepared and it seems are very ready for this step, congratulations to you and my hopes go out to you (and with you) in five days !!

Charlene

Kaitlyn Michele
09-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi Teri...

Step by step!!! you are doing it!!!

Very happy for you and sending all my innerstrength vibes your way!!

StaceyJane
09-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Good Luck!!

Miranda09
09-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Wish you all the best Teri. Sounds like you have a good support group. :)

Heatherx75
09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
That is wonderful news! Best of wishes to you!:hugs::love:

sherri52
09-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Teri your on the last rung of the latter. the hard part is behind you. Good luck

pamela_a
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Teri.

That's one small step for man; one giant leap for womankind. (apologies to Neil Armstrong).

You are a great person and I'm proud to be your friend. On the eve of introducing the world to the wonderful woman you are I can only say congratulations and I'm so very happy for you.

Most of the hard work is behind you; just keep looking forward. I've got your six.

Hugs Sis

-Pam-

Teri Jean
09-30-2009, 02:48 PM
oooooookay. I am and you are so lucky to have this network of girls who not only listen but offer advise and in some cases a hand to help each other along. Thank you all. Have a great day and take care. Huggs Teri

joanlynn28
09-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Some words of encouragement from someone thats been where your about to go. When you get to work tomorrow and you are sitting in your truck waiting to go in. Remember this there is nothing to fear, just go out there with your head held high and just be proud to be the person that you are. No one can ever take that away from you.

It's been almost three years for me since I took the great step you are embarking on and I went there fearing the worst, for nothing too. Because when I walked through the gate that morning the first person I met said hello Joan, and at that moment I knew that everything was going to be okay. Teri just go there and make all of us sisters proud for what you are about to do.:hugs:

Teri Jean
09-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Thank you Joan, you see what I said? You all are our shield and rock. Huggs Teri

Dawn D.
09-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Terri,
I don't think I could say any more than what Joan said. Other than, like her, once I met that first person at work and there was nothing but mutual respect, I too knew right then and there that everything was going to be good and OK. And it has been ever since. I've been full time now going on six months and absolutely no regrets! So, you go, girl!!!

Dawn

Jennifer Marie P.
10-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Terri go step by step like I did and it will be a success,Congratulations on your new journey.

LisaM
10-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Teri,

I am excited for you. Be prepared for setbacks but it sounds like you have all the support to continue your journey.

morgan pure
10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Teri,
You lucky thing. I hope that you charmed the pants off of them, figuratively.
M

Teri Jean
10-04-2009, 12:47 PM
This weekend has been so wonderful and with tomorrows day approaching the jitters are really in check. Maybe it is the pot of coffee.LOL But really I went into Herbergers for a make over prior to an evening of parting with eight other girls from Iowa. A sister from Mason City, Susan, invited me to Des Moines, Iowa for a meeting/party and an evening of fun, games, and a wonderful time chatting and getting to know some of the members. It was to say the least a beautiful evening and a invite to join their club.

Anyway while at the makeup counter, Very Public, I got my a wonderful make over and Danielle was so wonderful. She has another customer in a neighboring city that is transgendered and she had so many questions as well as answers. When finished I was leaving and ran into one of the gals from work, who is aware of my transition, and we talked briefly. She said she was so looking forward to Monday also. The high I'm feeling is so intense and the nerves are on edge but it all good. For those in this process, my heart goes out to you and hope all goes well for you as mine has.

Huggs Teri

Starling
10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Teri, you knock 'em dead tomorrow!

:daydreaming: Lallie

Steph2003
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Good Luck tomorrow, Terri!

I know everything will be just fine! :)

(BTW, you look marvelous!)

Steph

Sandra
10-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Teri,

Good luck for tomorrow, be yourself and enjoy :huggles

Teri Jean
10-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks girls, more to follow tomorrow. oooooooooohyah. Breath girl.

Teri

joanlynn28
10-04-2009, 09:11 PM
It will be okay, we are all there for you and will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Marcia Blue
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Best of luck Teri. I hope all goes well.

CharleneT
10-04-2009, 11:55 PM
I hope your "grand opening" went well :hugs:

Teri Jean
10-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Wooooooo hoooooooooo. YES everyone has been great and the students just look and back to the studies. Some will take time to adjust but those closest have been great. Even my co-worker who was sharing the shop this summer came over to see if I chickened out. Nope, and although he has a comfort issue he stayed and talked for 10 minutes during break.

Yes it is just noon but all in all it has been better than I could have thought. My supervisor stopped in for a brief chat as well as a coach and others. One gal stopped in to check on my look and said great now she needs to do more. LOL She has been a dear since she found out and our humor is so much alike we can almost read each others retorts before they are out.

Well got to go and hit the road. Stay tuned and thanks all. Huggs Teri

Sheila
10-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Great news Teri :)

joanlynn28
10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Happy to here that all went well on your first day.

Teri Jean
10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Well here it is Friday and the world did not end and I'm still upright and taking nurishment. The first week was my acid test so to speak and it went well. I did get a few compliments but the one this morning was so sweet. One of the gals from House keeping complimented me on my hair this morning and that she liked it better than other wigs.
I have 7 different wigs and the page boy cut was the one she liked best. I do to as it is shorter and easier to work with. If I had a full head of hair I would just let it grow out but that is not the case. Boooo Hoooo Well I thought I would give this final update for this thread and if any are looking at coming out, it can be quite rewarding.

Huggs and thanks everyone, Teri.

Melissa A.
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Happy as heck for ya, Teri. Enjoy.

Hugs,

Melissa:)