PDA

View Full Version : Called M'aam

Jamie VieJolie
09-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Here is something that happens to me every once in a while. A GG will call me ma'am. I'm not the least bit femme looking in guy mode. I'm tall, broad shouldered, big hands, big feet. I do not speak in an effeminate fashion although I am probably more soft spoken than most men. I don't dress swishy. In guy mode I wear the usual uniform of cargo shorts, t-shirt and baseball cap.

Even so I've had women call me ma'am on more than occasion. I've seen them look puzzled as if they were saying "now why did I say that?" to themselves.

One time a young black guy "read" me even though I was in total guy mode. He called me a bitch and meant it. The other guys who were around thought it was a crazy thing to say and ignored it when I let it slide.

Just to be clear he didn't call me a bitch in order to insult me as a male. It was clear he was calling me a woman. For some reason he could "see" me. He was a pretty weird looking guy himself.

Strange.

Vanysh
09-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Then again, you may be looking into things too much...

amanda w
09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
this has happen to me alot in guy mode but i do look a bit femme i just say think you so much

tricia_uktv
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Jaimee, you probably are looking into things too much; but are you on hormones?

AndroRemi
09-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Not really sure about you personally, but I've come to accept that I've got a pretty femme figure, and I've been called a girl on more occasions than I care to count.

Persephone
09-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Here is something that happens to me every once in a while. A GG will call me ma'am. I'm not the least bit femme looking in guy mode. I'm tall, broad shouldered, big hands, big feet. I do not speak in an effeminate fashion although I am probably more soft spoken than most men. I don't dress swishy. In guy mode I wear the usual uniform of cargo shorts, t-shirt and baseball cap.

Even so I've had women call me ma'am on more than occasion. I've seen them look puzzled as if they were saying "now why did I say that?" to themselves.

One time a young black guy "read" me even though I was in total guy mode. He called me a bitch and meant it. The other guys who were around thought it was a crazy thing to say and ignored it when I let it slide.

Just to be clear he didn't call me a bitch in order to insult me as a male. It was clear he was calling me a woman. For some reason he could "see" me. He was a pretty weird looking guy himself.

Strange.

That is pretty interesting, Jamie! Haven't a clue as to what's going on, except that there are people around, ordinary people, who have a heightened awareness (call is "psychic power" if you wish) and could possibly see and interact with "the real you."

I would guess that all you can do is enjoy their recognition.

Hugs,
Persephone.

sherri52
09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
I've had it happen to me,but I have long hair and wear berets even in male mode

Hope
09-30-2009, 02:19 AM
I have long hair, and according to my wife I have wide hips and walk like a girl. But I have never been maamed in guy mode. I'm guessing you are seeing something that isn't there. Don't feel bad - our brains are hard-wired to find patterns, and we do it even when there are not patterns to find.

Sally2005
09-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Maybe they were reading the sign on your forehead...

Sometimes its just a slip up or they notice something that triggers the thought. I just ignore it, say that's okay or laugh about it.

PretzelGirl
10-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I think in general, we are too self conscious and try to analyze everything. Sometimes things are just slipups not noticed by the person that did it. I once was called ma'am at a store register. I was in drab and had a full beard. No neon signs. I don't even think I was underdressing back then. Just a busy mistake.

melissacd
10-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I have had this happen to me many times, though my male mode is more like confusing mode. My hair is long, I wear only female pants and Tees now, ear rings, bracelets and necklaces. So even though I do not have makeup on or have the feminine figure to go with it, I have enough feminine signals that they assume that I am a female - until I say something.

Christina Horton
10-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I AM SO JELOUS hun . They might be reading your fem-side that you unaware you projecting. So go with it and have fun.