PDA

View Full Version : About to come out a bit more

Alice B
09-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Slowly over the past few months I have come out to all my family by allowing them to see me with painted toe nails and have answered any questions they have and they have been openly accepting. My wife and I leave for a 6 week diving trip to Indonesia, most on a live-aboard dive boat. I am fairly well known in the diving world as my male self, especially for my UW Photography.

Yesterday I went in for a haircut, manicure and pedicure. My wife asked what color I was going to have my toe nails painted and I said black. She thought I was kidding, but I wasn't. She then asked if I was going to remove the color before we left and I said no. Many men now have their toes painted black. At first she was upset, but then decided that I could do whatever I wanted. This will be a big step for me because the first thing I will have to do at LAX is remove my shoes and I will have to go to secondary inspection due to my artificial knees setting off the alarm. I am kind of looking forward to seeing what reactions I get. Should be interesting.

sherri52
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Sounds like you've got a plan. Good luck at LAX.

Starr
09-29-2009, 09:31 PM
i bought black polish yesterday.. hadn't thought about my toes.. was going to wear it on my fingers and go kind of girly goth..