PDA

View Full Version : Just call me Pat

Leanne2
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I feel lucky that I can usually pass whenever I want to. And luck has a lot to do with it. I'm 5'9" tall which is tall for a woman but some are taller. I still have a head of thick wavy hair with some gray streaks, all natural. My facial features aren't overly masculine. My beautician says I have wonderful full lips. I gained weight when I got older but my breasts are bigger as well. A little HRT a year ago helped that along. In short, I look a lot like a sixty year old woman.
When I don't try to pass is when I have some fun as well. My hair is styled in a wedge. I always shave up to a feminine hairline. And I carry a ladies black wallet instead of using a bill fold. When I shop I don't announce whether I am male or female. I get some interesting reactions. On Monday I went in a drug store to drop off a prescription for myself. The girl at the counter looked confused and then said, " Has he ever had a prescription filled here before?" I just smiled and said yes.
Next I went grocery shopping at a discount grocery store where it takes a quarter to get a cart. When I was done and taking my cart back a man my age held up a quarter and said," Ma'am I'll buy your cart." I just smiled as I accepted the coin. Now I must add that several people called me sir at other times. If anyone asks my name to get a clue I could say," Just call me Pat." Leanne2

Karren H
09-30-2009, 10:55 AM
I find that really really hard to believe!!! They charge you a friggin quarter for a cart!! Jeeeeezzzzzz!! I'd shop somewhere else or move!! Lol.

Kim_Bitzflick
09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I get it! Pat from Saturday night Live! Too Funny! I love your sense of humor.

As for the quarter thing, I think you "rent" the cart. After you are done you get your quarter back when you return the cart to it's spot.

JulieC
09-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I find that really really hard to believe!!! They charge you a friggin quarter for a cart!! Jeeeeezzzzzz!! I'd shop somewhere else or move!! Lol.

No, I think Leanne2 is referring to Aldi's. At least, that's how Aldi's around here works. You pull in, walk up to the store where there's a line of carts. The carts are all connected to each other with chains, in series, where the cart you want has a chain leading from the cart it's pushed into to a device on the handle of the cart you want. You put your quarter in the device, it releases the cart. When you return the cart after you're done with it, you put it back in the line of carts and push the chain from the cart you pushed into, into the device on your handle...and out comes your quarter.

The cart doesn't cost you anything. The quarter is an incentive for you to return the cart so they don't have to pay someone to routinely get carts from the parking lot.

So, the guy in question was just offering to save Leanne2 a step and give Leanne2 the quarter to replace the quarter Leanne2 was 'losing' by giving him her cart.

As for the quarter thing, I think you "rent" the cart. After you are done you get your quarter back when you return the cart to it's spot.

And then I see this post, where Kim writes what I said but does it in two sentences rather than my five billion.

I think I need a paid editor on my staff. :)