PDA

View Full Version : driving to MD to show my mom for the first time

Jamie Parks
09-30-2009, 12:11 PM
I know compared to most of the "out and about" stories this one is pretty mild, but to me this was a HUGE thing. I lived in MD for about 30 years and the anonymity there was awesome no one even gave me a second look when I would go out dressed there, but now I live in a very small backwards town in WV(only about 150 people here) so for the last 8 years Jamie has been a literal prisoner in my own house. I must say that my wife and daughter are very supportive they don't mind how much I dress but I still am stuck in the house(not because of what people will say or do to me I am more concerned about my 15 yr. old daughter these ignorant rednecks would really give her a hard time). OK enough of the back story things here have been VERY crazy lately and I just needed to get away for a while(with all the craziness I haven't been able to dress much either)so I decided to go to MD to see my mom and some friends back in Baltimore. I jokingly suggested I should just drive there dressed, my wife thought it was a good idea like killing two birds with one stone(visit family and friends and getting a little girl time). My mother has known about me being TS for about 10 years now but has never seen me, so I called her and told her I would be coming and asked if she would mind if I showed up dressed of course she didn't care(I could tell she was nervous about seeing me for the first time but she loves me no matter what I am wearing)so that was it I got a shower shaved and got dressed I picked out a very conservative outfit(Capri's, and a pretty white blouse and low heeled sandals)I waited for dark here and left. I have half dressed on this drive a bunch of times(like just a skirt and heels something you couldn't see in a car) but this was the first time fully dressed, it was fantastic my hair in the wind, getting out and pumping gas, seeing the men checking me out it was all great. As I got closer the butterflies began but there was no reason at all my Mom is the greatest she stayed up until 2:00am to wait for me and actually liked the way I looked she even said I was a prettier girl than I was a handsome man(that made me cry) we stayed up for hours talking then went to bed the next morning I changed and removed makeup, nails and what not. It was a great weekend just for her reaction alone. My oldest friend in the world was in Baltimore for 2 weeks for work(he lives in CA now)I didn't give him enough notice I was coming so he made plans to go to the eastern shore to visit his sister for the weekend I only spoke to him for like 3 min. on the phone but it didnt matter because I just spent the whole weekend with my Mom. I wish I would have brought my makeup and other stuff with me I could have gone out one eve. while there but hind sight is 20/20 huh?
I just wanted to share this with all of you thanks

Kristen Marie
09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
I live in a small town too, but not that small, so everyone knows my car. I think you did it right by traveling at night. It is such a great feeling being out and being your true self, and to share time with your mom was precious.

Trouble with getting that much exposure is you want to do it more. I could sense the disappointment of not having your make-up and more stuff with you to enjoy more times out...but I bet there will be more times!

Sheila
09-30-2009, 01:01 PM
glad you had a great weekend hun and all went well with your mum :)

PretzelGirl
10-01-2009, 10:03 AM
There is no such think as a mild outing. They are all important. That is just great that your mother is accepting. This was probably a much needed outlet. Good for you!

Tina B.
10-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a great weekend, it's that kind of acceptance we all dream of!
Mom' are great!
Tina