PDA

View Full Version : Going to see the GP

katieblush
09-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi all,ok here goes,i have a appointment at the local surgery on Monday and its about getting referred to see a gender therapist,now this year has been hell already for us,i basically need to know if seeing a gender therapist will in any way cause a negative outcome on a adoption,i wish to adopt my stepdaughter,i in no way intend to upset anyone with this question its just been worrying me,if it will cause issues well i am at a loss at what to do next,hope someone can help on this one as i have asked on this site before for help and received a great response,buy the way i am in the UK.

Jenny Chen
09-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Hope things pan out well, just know you will always have our support :hugs:

katieblush
09-30-2009, 04:00 PM
JCamy hi,thank you for your kindness :hugs:

Teri Jean
09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
For me it was to the family doctor/general practicionerand then to therapy. But what ever direction you take congratulations. Teri

katieblush
09-30-2009, 05:02 PM
For me it was to the family doctor/general practicionerand then to therapy. But what ever direction you take congratulations. Teri

Thanks Teri Jean,i really do not know what to expect at the docs,i am up and down like a yo-yo at present,i just hope i do not freeze up during the visit,at the moment i feel good i hope for the chance to get some release and actually get to where i want to be. :hugs:

Sheila
10-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Debs and I went to the family Dr a few weeks back and we have her first counseling appointment today ............. this is a very quick response due to her past history and her self harming coming back and we know that, and are very grateful for it :)

Good luck for Monday and keep us posted :hugs:

katieblush
10-01-2009, 04:34 AM
Hiya Sheila,i hope all goes well for you both,i have admit i am scared, every little problem seems to have me in flood of tears,i am glad you found a Dr with some compassion :hugs:

Sandra
10-01-2009, 06:47 AM
i basically need to know if seeing a gender therapist will in any way cause a negative outcome on a adoption,i wish to adopt my stepdaughter,

Sorry I can't give you an answer to that question, but hopefully everything will work out for you.

My SO is having her first visit to see the psychiatrist in Nov all exciting stuff.

Good luck for monday, keep us updated.

katieblush
10-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry I can't give you an answer to that question, but hopefully everything will work out for you.

My SO is having her first visit to see the psychiatrist in Nov all exciting stuff.

Good luck for monday, keep us updated.

Hi Sandra,not to worry i have a number for the Gender trust, i hope they can help they seem pretty good.

" My SO is having her first visit to see the psychiatrist in Nov all exciting stuff "(OP Sandra). :eek: :heehee: i wish you both good luck,i will update on my trip to the Doc.:)

katieblush
10-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi all,well this is my second attempt to post as i lost the first one :doh: well just to update you,i attended the Doctors yesterday and had well a breakdown in her office i just let go,you see i did not tell her the facts only skirted around the edges, and that hurt as i felt sure this is the time to get help but not having any info on how the courts would treat me in a adoption case made me uneasy to fully discuss.

Today i had a chat with a guy who helps with gender issues and he seemed 50/50 on the courts taking my side,so yet again i am in a dilemma,its so unfair you know i feel so trapped by society's rules,i think maybe another year will pass before i can seek the help i need,every day is just torture,sorry for the moan as i know we all have our own issues to deal with. *bye* :)