PDA

View Full Version : "You look better in a skirt than I do"

Magickman
10-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Time after time, women tell me, "You look better in a skirt than I do."

That is all good, but it never seems to lead to anything else.

What am I doing wrong?

Christina Horton
10-01-2009, 09:16 PM
WHat r u looking for wheather you want to date the girls or looking for more compments? when your wearing the skirt are you fully dressed or no.

I am not sure even if your doing anything wrong hun.

jennygirl XOXO
10-01-2009, 09:23 PM
hey Mm would like to help but you lack in the info department.........explain mor please

Jenny

TGMarla
10-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Time and time again, you come in here telling tales of how you always hit the dance clubs, clearly as a man dressed in women's clothing. Yet the story is always the same: all the women in the clubs are lining up to dance with you, complimenting you on your outfits, and the men just sort of glare at you, resigned to the fact that all these women would rather dance with you than with them.

Now the ladies are all telling you that you look better in a skirt than they do, and this is weighing heavily on you.

I'm not saying that you're not on the up and up with all this. But it's stretching things a bit for me, that's all. Maybe this is just the baggage you have to carry for having such a great night life.

Magickman
10-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately for me, my night life terminates when the music stops. I get lots of attention from the women, while, as TgMarla notes, the other men glare.

My conundrum has to do with the women all going home with someone else.

The compliments from the women keep on coming. What I need, though, is a new and improved method for capitalizing on that.

Dressing up is a great means of attracting women. It works on that first level, but is failing to close the deal.

TGMarla is among those skeptical of my adventures. The adventures are real, if without satisfactory conclusions.

I am presenting as a brightly manicured guy in a skirt and heels. This is something that I have lots of fun with. I think it is absolutely hilarious, just a blast.

Once in a while, though, I would like some loving.

Tamara Croft
10-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Why don't you post a picture of you in a skirt that you supposedly look better than us GG's in and let us see... Personally, your constant bragging of looking better than GG's in skirts is off putting... so put your money where your mouth is and prove it!

Magickman
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
It is an open question, I guess, about who looks better in a skirt.

Honestly, though, women keep saying it is me. That is a pleasant thing to hear. It makes me feel good.

In my drab mode, I could go years without getting any compliments. So, naturally, I am enjoying this.

Explanations, I cannot offer. I don't know why my dressing excites the women.

What I have discovered, is that I am now getting female attention. It is the next level that is still stopping me cold.

Tamara Croft
10-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Not buying it... I'm calling :BS:

Catherine in Colo
10-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok, I'll bite:

It seems pretty obvious to me. They're coming and talking to you and making those comments because they're intrigued by what you're wearing and how you are/are not pulling it off. That's a far cry from being attracted to you. Just because they're complimenting you doesn't mean they want to date you, especially if they really think you look better than them. If that's the case, they might see you as competition...

Stephanie Miller
10-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I think Tamara is making a fair request....
neck down won't hurt. :2c:

DonnaT
10-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Just because you may look good in a skirt doesn't mean you're take home material.

Many women at the clubs love to have fun, and it seems that they are having fun with you. Looking to have fun does not equate to wanting to score.

Do these women know you aren't gay (NTTAWWT)?

Have you asked any of them out on a date?

Have you asked any of them back to your place?

Sally2005
10-01-2009, 11:45 PM
I think you attract people much like a busker does... you look different so they come to say hi. Maybe one day a women who wears pants will be attracted to you ;-) Most single women want someone stable or dangerous...you probably don't appear to be either. If you want to be dangerous whisper in their ears that it was doctors orders because your equipement is too large to fit in your pants...that will have them lining up for sure... or laughing a lot. If you want to appear stable then you probably have to dress like everyone else or go to a more alternative club.

Levea
10-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Ok, I'll bite:

It seems pretty obvious to me. They're coming and talking to you and making those comments because they're intrigued by what you're wearing and how you are/are not pulling it off. That's a far cry from being attracted to you. Just because they're complimenting you doesn't mean they want to date you, especially if they really think you look better than them. If that's the case, they might see you as competition...

I agree with Reneelynnco!
From a GGs perspecive, they may be just interested in your actual outfit rather then whos wearing it! And depending how good you look you, you may suddenly go from fun to competition. Another question other GGs might wounder is if your gay or bi... unfortunately asking these things isnt really proper on the dance floor so you may want to try a more intimate setting, like the actual bar itself or maybe even another location like a book store? good luck, sounds like you in a bind!:hugs:

Miss Anthropic
10-02-2009, 12:08 AM
...... If you want to be dangerous whisper in their ears that it was doctors orders because your equipement is too large to fit in your pants...that will have them lining up for sure... ....

:rofl:

That may be the funniest thing I've ever read!

Emily01
10-02-2009, 12:16 AM
I don't know why my dressing excites the women.

that facts as you've recounted them don't appear to support this conclusion. women who are sexually excited by a man get them home come hell or high water.

what's weird to me is that you're bringing this here. i simply haven't seen any other threads where people talk about how they partially or completely crossdressed and went out in the world to sexually conquer women.

that said, since there's no or little history here of that sort of behavior ~ why would you expect the people here to give you advice to do something most of us simply don't do?

i'm sorry but something smells and i know it isn't me.

Satrana
10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Unless women have had prior personal experiences of CDs, they will automatically consider you are most likely gay. And if a gay is dancing with women, he is only having fun, just like they are with you.

As far as compliments on your outfit go - this is normal for women to do so, it is actually a sign that they think of you as a friend. If they were sexually interested then they would be complimenting you on other things like your eyes or build etc not your skirt.

Vickii*
10-02-2009, 03:19 AM
No offense but I disagree with most of you.

I don't think this is as complicated as some of you make it seem.

Women want to be hunted when it comes to flirting and sex games. Plain and simple. If you can't hold their attention by being mysterious or intriguing, then they will move on. You've got to get them thinking, 'what is it about this guy?' And you never try too hard to please them when you're playing these games.

Although it may be different for crossdressers, the same rules apply.

I think that's a better explanation than --->

1. TGmarla "THE STORY IS ALWAYS THE SAME"

(Of course it's all the same. There hasn't been a crossdresser with the balls to pull it off, obviously. That doesn't mean it's not possible.)

2. Reneelynnco "THATS A FAR CRY FROM BEING ATTRACTED TO YOU."

(Let's do the math. Woman walks up to man in bar. Man is dressed like a woman. Woman dances with man and compliments his crossdressing. That's not enough for you? I'm sorry. I had this at "woman walks up to man in bar". As soon as that happens, the correct answer is 'let the games begin'.)

3. Sally2005 I think you attract people much like a busker does...

(I've never met a single woman who felt the need to bump n grind with a busker.)

4. Satrana - Unless women have had prior personal experiences of CDs, they will automatically consider you are most likely gay.

(You are assuming women are uneducated. In fact every educated woman that I know easily accepts the fact that there are heterosexual crossdressers. Yes, it is a sterotype, but it is not the truth. And intelligent people tend to get a hold of the truth most of the time. Wait - we are still looking to have sex with intelligent women, right? I thought so.)

5. Reneelynnco
"THEY SEE YOU AS COMPETITION"

(Competition from what? Believe it or not, most straight guys aren't attracted to transvestites in the least.)

What ever happened to encouraging each other? Magickman, next time you're dolled up and at a bar and a woman hits on you, remember what I've told you.

I expect swift replies seeing as I totally obliterated five of four people's arguments with the power of reason.

:battingeyelashes:

Edit - This was my 69th post. Pretty epic.

Miss Anthropic
10-02-2009, 04:35 AM
.....Women want to be hunted when it comes to flirting and sex games. Plain and simple. If you can't hold their attention by being mysterious or intriguing, then they will move on. You've got to get them thinking, 'what is it about this guy?' And you never try too hard to please them when you're playing these games.

Although it may be different for crossdressers, the same rules apply.

That is the most oversimplified and down right juvenile statement I've heard in a while. While there are girls out there who do just want to be hunted, in my experience they're nothing but trouble. I'd rather have a woman that wants to be wanted than a girl who wants to be hunted any day.

... and the "If you can't hold their attention then they will move on" If you have to hold their attention they're going to move on anyhow. What's the point of this whole philosophy you have anyhow, make your pimp hand strong? Get laid? If so, you may be on the right track.....but if you're aming for something less shallow..... I'd head back to the drawing board.

(Let's do the math. Woman walks up to man in bar. Man is dressed like a woman. Woman dances with man and compliments his crossdressing. That's not enough for you? I'm sorry. I had this at "woman walks up to man in bar". As soon as that happens, the correct answer is 'let the games begin'.)

Wait....am I getting this straight..... if a woman comes near a man in a bar she's automatically waiting to fall onto a penis? There's no possible way she's just out to have fun or blow off a little steam?

You also left out the part after "compliments his crossdressing' where man goes home alone, or did you fail to read the original post?

This gets me the most...

And you never try too hard to please them

That's straight up a failed marriage, mothers basement living, drunk uncle line of advice there. That or some cheezy male chauvinist 80's movie.

To the OP, I hope you do get lucky, if so let us know. Personally I believe they think you're gay. Why leave it up to them? Ask one out or drop your number on them, see what happens....can't hurt. Good luck!

Temptation
10-02-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm not saying that you're not on the up and up with all this. But it's stretching things a bit for me, that's all.
I wish somebody would say it, because it's probably true.

Why don't you post a picture of you in a skirt that you supposedly look better than us GG's in and let us see... Personally, your constant bragging of looking better than GG's in skirts is off putting... so put your money where your mouth is and prove it!
There will never be a pic posted.

CD202Leanne
10-02-2009, 10:48 AM
i read 5 pages of your most recent posts . . . . .

you live in the St. Paul area, profess to doing heavy lumberjack work in a tight mini skirt,

riding a bicycle in Daisy Dukes and high heels, (NTTAWWT),

admitted that you would have slept with some drunken woman, a mother of 3, a FELON, who was causing a scene in some bar,

every 3rd post of yours boasts of how awesome your nails are,

and that you routinely attend dances and/or social functions dressed in minis, tights, etc. etc. etc.

you regularly brag that "the women are all over you" . . . . yet it seems you also regularly go home alone. are you truly a crossdresser or simply "a guy in heels and a mini skirt"? clearly you are not scoring with the chics; is your complaint that they choose not to go home with a guy in a skirt, or that you simply don't have adequate pick-up skills ?

we can only guess as to your approximate age, or what it is you are even looking for. if anything. so my question to you IS: what ARE you looking for?

Catherine in Colo
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Wow Vickii, I'm glad to know how satisfied you were that you so successfully "obliterated" my comments just by simplifying all of humanity's diversity down to one stereotype.

Too bad I didn't realize that the other night when I was at the bar with my wife and a woman asked me what time it was, that she was really trying to fall onto my penis! (LoL Miss Anthropic!) What a missed opportunity!

I think it's safe to say that in general, women are totally fine with crossdressing men. It's just that more often than not, they do not like it when THEIR man crossdresses. So despite your overwhelming power of reason, I'll stick with my opinion, thank you very much...

Stitch
10-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I hate to break it to you bu as a GG I will admit that if I have no idea what to say to a person I will pick something they are wear and compliment it. It stops me from feeling awkward, I'm not sure if other women do this but to me its like talking about the weather. Breaks the ice and evens out quite moments. Perhaps your looking into things to much. Outfit compliments don't necessary mean attraction.

I dare say that women are drawn to chat to CDers as they don't necessary see you as a threat so to speak. Sort of like gay men, who women will flirt with till the cows come home. Sometimes its fun to have a chat, flirt and giggle and not have it come to or mean anything

suchacutie
10-02-2009, 11:35 AM
So why does anyone think that being complimented about your skirt is going to lead to anything????

What you've proven is that this approach to attracting a mate doesn't work. Just try another one!

What's the mystery?

tina

Vickii*
10-02-2009, 12:31 PM
That is the most oversimplified and down right juvenile statement I've heard in a while. While there are girls out there who do just want to be hunted, in my experience they're nothing but trouble. I'd rather have a woman that wants to be wanted than a girl who wants to be hunted any day.

You don't get it do you? I'm not talking about a huge massive relationship. I'm talking about what happens before the long relationship.

Charming a girl shows her that you're not afraid of her beauty.

... and the "If you can't hold their attention then they will move on" If you have to hold their attention they're going to move on anyhow. What's the point of this whole philosophy you have anyhow, make your pimp hand strong? Get laid? If so, you may be on the right track.....but if you're aming for something less shallow..... I'd head back to the drawing board.

Oh my, the sweeping generalizations! Way to pigeonhole nearly everything I said!

If you have to hold their attention they're going to move on anyhow.

This didn't make any sense.

Okay - maybe 'hold their attention' was not the proper phrase - but you have to show them that you are not shy, have a sense of play, are interested in them, but not

Wait....am I getting this straight..... if a woman comes near a man in a bar she's automatically waiting to fall onto a penis? There's no possible way she's just out to have fun or blow off a little steam?

No. You're taking what I said a bit too far than I meant it. If a woman approaches a man in a bar, and he charms her enough, then she will want to have sex with him. That was my point.

You also left out the part after "compliments his crossdressing' where man goes home alone, or did you fail to read the original post?

In this situation, yes, the man went home alone. He didn't play his cards right. That's my point.

That's straight up a failed marriage, mothers basement living, drunk uncle line of advice there. That or some cheezy male chauvinist 80's movie.

I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about what it's like to be married. I was talking about what it's like to flirt with a woman in a bar. There's a massive difference, and that's a massive generalization on your behalf. Women don't want someone to slobber all over then and tell them how beautiful they are. They want someone who is dominant and not afraid of their beauty.

Frankly I don't have time to argue over this.

If you guys want to believe that it's not possible for a crossdresser to pick up a girl at a bar - then go right ahead. Godspeed in all of your endeavors.

Magickman
10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
CD202Leanne has been diligently investigating my posting history. Which is OK, really. Now she knows all about my skirted adventures.

For this website, I just write about the experiences of hair, nails, skirt buying and wearing, and going about town in a skirt and heels.

For the most part, I encounter very little extreme drama. Wife or girlfriend don't leave me over clothing issues. Strangers don't beat me up. Rarely am I insulted. At retail stores, the sales people don't criticize me for buying high heels or short skirts. No heartbreak of that sort.

So, anyway, I get my hair styled, have my nails done, go out dancing, etc., and go about daily life wearing skirts and high heels.

Am I in a rut? Maybe.

Do I need to vary my routine? Perhaps.

Should I think of new things to do? Probably.

When I write, it is about the places I go, the people I meet, and the things I experience, while dressed and groomed the way I describe.

From my perspective, I have fun doing what I do. It is enjoyable to portray the character that I play, to follow a different drummer, and to shock the unwary.

There seem to be few outlets for the stories of a man in a skirt. Most folks are unimpressed.

I picked this place to share my writing, because I perceived some commonality of experience with the membership.

Anyone who doesn't like what I write, is free, with my blessing, to ignore me. Better yet, share stories of your experiences. Maybe yours are better than mine.

Peace unto you all.

Edwina
10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Anyone who doesn't like what I write, is free, with my blessing, to ignore me. Better yet, share stories of your experiences. Maybe yours are better than mine.

Peace unto you all.

Frankly I have no idea where you are coming from, or for that matter, going to, with your posts but I will certainly take your advice and ignore you from now on.

Edwina

Miss Anthropic
10-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Charming a girl shows her that you're not afraid of her beauty...

You did not say charming, you said "hunted" as in women are prey........ two incredibily different things.

...If you have to hold their attention they're going to move on anyhow.

This didn't make any sense.

Okay - maybe 'hold their attention' was not the proper phrase - but you have to show them that you are not shy, have a sense of play, are interested in them, but not ...

It made perfect sense in response to what you wrote. Every girl I've ever know or dated that needed a guy to "hold her attention" was just waiting for the next best thing to come along, be it that night or a week or month down the road. More on this further down...

interested in them, but not

Reminds me of when young boys pull a girls hair and run away

If a woman approaches a man in a bar, and he charms her enough, then she will want to have sex with him. That was my point.

Yeah, ok..... because no woman has ever been to a bar just looking to talk and listen to music. Any woman that takes any sort of initiative to socialize in the very social setting that a bar is, is making a play for sex. Gotcha.

.....I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about what it's like to be married. I was talking about what it's like to flirt with a woman in a bar...

I wasn't talking about what it's like to be married either.

You're not really talking much about flirting either, merely about playing childish games. Which is why I asked "What's the point of this whole philosophy you have anyhow?"

Sounds to me like goal number one is to get your rocks off at the end of the night. If that's your goal, great....just come out and say that; I personally think it's ridiculous but I outgrew the games many moons ago. Those games that people play are why so many get fed up with the whole "bar scene" and end up waisting their money on dating sites.

Maybe I'm getting way off topic but like I said, I grew up and past all that BS years ago. Didn't take long to learn that random, meaningless, promiscuous sex didn't lead to much long term satisfaction in the end.

Reminds me a line in "The Wedding Singer" where Alen Coverts character is saying that he "idolized Fonzie and Vinnie Barbarino but their shows got canceled because no one wants to see a fifty-year-old guy hitting on chicks"

.....Women don't want someone to slobber all over then and tell them how beautiful they are. They want someone who is dominant and not afraid of their beauty...

I'll let that one stand on it's own :D

Edit- OP posted while I was writing the above....

......There seem to be few outlets for the stories of a man in a skirt. Most folks are unimpressed....

You see though, there are....right here.

Boy in a skirt and tights on CD.com (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116549)

All positive responses I'd say. I think the difference, the problem others here seem to have with you is you seem to come off as thinking you're gods gift to women, that and it kinda seems like you just do the dressing as a schtick to get women interested. I can certainly see why this would offend others here. If you don't explore your thoughts and feelings any deeper than "women flock to me" in your posts, there is no reason for anyone to assume anything different than what they already apparently do.

Please don't take my response as an attack either, it isn't intended as such; I'm merely trying to be a mediator here. I personally have no problem with you, but then agian this is the first post of yours I've seen. I only posted because I disagreed with the cliche mentality described in Vickii*'s post.

CD202Leanne
10-02-2009, 02:33 PM
okay, so you write about your adventures. Personally, i think it's fantastic that you can go out as often and as freely as it sounds like you do. But again . . . . the post we are all responding to asks clearly; "what am i doing wrong"?

what is it that you're trying to accomplish? if it's prove to the greater St. Paul area, and crossdressers.com, that you are brave enough to go prancing all over town dressed the way you are, then your kill rate appears to be 100%. But if you're trying to pick women up . . . . . your results aren't nearly as good.

Temptation
10-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Do I need to vary my routine? Perhaps.

Varying your routine would be great. Maybe try some posts that aren't all fantasy? You have yet to address why you refuse to post a pic of your adventures.

Tamara Croft
10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
As far as compliments on your outfit go - this is normal for women to do so, it is actually a sign that they think of you as a friend. If they were sexually interested then they would be complimenting you on other things like your eyes or build etc not your skirt.:lol: that's the most stupidest thing I've ever heard :lol: You obviously have a lot to learn about women... oh you did try once didn't you eh... :rolleyes:

Angel.Marie76
10-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I think it's safe to say that in general, women are totally fine with crossdressing men. It's just that more often than not, they do not like it when THEIR man crossdresses. So despite your overwhelming power of reason, I'll stick with my opinion, thank you very much...

I'll second that opinion BTW. Since I've come out to so many of my friends, I can tell you that my very best friend's GF has been one of my most supportive girl friends since I've been out, and has opened up to me about her relation with my best guy pal. I knew he occasionally dressed (we'll call it 'bad funny drag') and likes to wear silky women's shirts and tight pants every now and then to the club. Fine right? Well, she told me that, after I came out, that she sat him down and kinda grilled him a bit about his dressing habits. He declared that there was indeed NO desire to CD fully or anything, that he was just enjoying the goth scene (and I would agree). With a sigh of relief she dropped the subject with him as she told me, in a half laughing tone:

'Cause, sweetheart, I love YOU for being as strong as you are for being out and being yourself, but there's NO way I could handle [name] becoming a girl on me. Yes, I know I love girls too, had my share of relations with them.. but my guy's a GUY, and that's what I want.'

My last thought on this kinda goes inline with what others are saying, and that I noted in your previous posts (at least in this thread). You've stated that, when you do go out 'dressed', that it's basically 'guy in a skirt' mode, albeit polished. I'm sure that presentationally diverse exposure does tend to attract a balance of responses depending on the crowd you're exposing yourself to. Walking into a sports bar like that will likely garner a completely different response than you walking into either a 'goth' scene or, just generally, a gay bar. I can tell you that, from my experiences, you will attract the attention you're dressed for, but only if you're exposing yourself to the right environments - given that accepting clientele frequent those establishments.

'Dress for success!' A mantra for any gender or gender presentation, heh, that only works if you dress for the success you want in relation to the environment you're in. Going to the corporate office in a tutu will only give you success in getting fired I surmise.

Sheila
10-02-2009, 04:24 PM

What am I doing wrong?

post a pic and maybe we can give you some idea

Deborah Jane
10-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Ooh I love these fantasy threads without pics :D

Like the ladies say Magickman....Put your money where your mouth is and post pics....

Prove It!!!!!

Or as we say round here....Put up or shut up!!

Sandra
10-02-2009, 05:34 PM
As far as compliments on your outfit go - this is normal for women to do so, it is actually a sign that they think of you as a friend. If they were sexually interested then they would be complimenting you on other things like your eyes or build etc not your skirt.

Wow you seem to know it all but really know :censor: all about women.

KayC
10-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Unless women have had prior personal experiences of CDs, they will automatically consider you are most likely gay. And if a gay is dancing with women, he is only having fun, just like they are with you.

You're kidding, right?

Teri Jean
10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Tonight I was out visiting the girls(gg) and one said for Chr*** sakes why is it you look so good in a skirt and nylons and we don't. We all laughed.

Teri

AllieSF
10-02-2009, 07:15 PM
If you are having some success having women come up to you to compliment your looks and/or for small talk, I think that you are more than halfway there. Maybe you cannot complete the transaction (that could be just getting a phone number or a potential let's meet again for coffee or a beer) because you need to improve your communication skills. Yes, some women want an aggressive person who takes charge, while others, and I would hazard a guess that most others, actually want to enter into a "develop a relationship" phase and communication facilitates that. I am not just talking about a long term relationship, but even a short to mid-term one. They want to know more about you, get to feel comfortable with you and to see if you are a person that meets their needs, not just sexually. I always treat it as friends first and then see what happens. In this post, you have not really described what happens during the brief conversations with the women who come to you with compliments. Maybe a bit more detail will help some of us here who want to assist you to better understand what is going on at that critical brief moment when you are meeting someone new.

Sheila
10-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Tonight I was out visiting the girls(gg) and one said for Chr*** sakes why is it you look so good in a skirt and nylons and we don't. We all laughed.

Teri

Teri and you do look good, but at last we can see you & judge for ourselves whether your friends are right or wrong, the OP will not post pics so we can agree or disagree, now Debs looks fabulous in either a skirt, dress, trousers or her usual belts (mini's to the rest of the world), or at least she does to me and a few others we know, and the rest of you are able to judge for yourself whether my statement is right or wrong ......... it doesn't matter to me if others don't think that but she at least will put her legs where her mouth is and let others judge for themselves, instead of making blanket statements with nothing to back them up.

I am confused as to why if the OP is so certain of this that she will not post a pic to validate her statement :confused:

Jenny Beth
10-02-2009, 09:54 PM
There shouldn't be any excuses now....let's see some pics.

mklinden2010
10-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Gotta agree with what AllieSF wrote. Maybe you need to improve something besides how your butt looks in a skirt. And, what's with the dancing in a skirt, but not going back to the same place in slacks and asking for a few dances? Or, any place?

Clearly, you're not getting the results you want. But, maybe you should take another looks at your cards. Women love dancing, women love men who dance... You ought to be half-way home by the second dance... I don't know what you're doing, but it appears you might have the "Midas Touch" in reverse.

Use some sense... If more women want "a man to be a man," give that a try.

You can "party" some other time.

Sheila
10-03-2009, 01:38 AM
There shouldn't be any excuses now....let's see some pics. #/post 40 Pic

Jenny Beth :lol::lol2: :loc:

baby beluga
10-03-2009, 02:28 AM

What am I doing wrong?

you have answered your own question

Sheila
10-03-2009, 03:34 AM
you have answered your own question

she has how ?

angpai30
10-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Think of it like this for a moment. Girl walks up to man in drag and compliments skirt. Ice is broken conversation begins and they have a fun time giggling and chatting with you. Where in the conversation did you bring up that you are not gay and you would be interested in a relationship? I do agree that not every woman thinks you are gay, but most of the majority of women most likely do, which does cause complications. Plus when you are in enfemme you are trying to hard to be a woman, but what we are forgetting is opposites attract. If you relax and be yourself instead of trying to hard to be a woman then things might work out a little better for you because it does sound like you are trying to hard. Think less, act more.

KayC
10-03-2009, 07:30 AM

What am I doing wrong?

What is it you want it to lead to? Chances are most women aren't going to respond to you as a man with you dressed as a woman upon first meeting...it'd help them to get to know you first, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure I'll get jumped on for this one, but hey, just expressing what I think is true, not judging the fairness of it.

Jess81CD
10-03-2009, 07:49 AM
My ex used to say i had a better bum than her in panties. That's the most i ever got lol

WHENIMWENDY
10-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I'VE HAD THE SAME THING SAID TO ME MORE THAN ONCE BY FEMALE FRIENDS AND MOST OF THE TIME IT ONLY LEADS TO BEING HANDED CLOTHES THAT THEY NO LONGER FIT IN. OH THE JOYS OF BEING A SKINNY LITTLE BITCH:devil:

Temptation
10-03-2009, 09:53 AM
she has how ?
I think you may have missed something here, Sheila. MM doesn't want to be a "she" or appear as a "female", just a "guy in a skirt".

terrinoble
10-03-2009, 12:41 PM
I'll join the chorus of "pics or it didn't happen."

Sheila
10-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I think you may have missed something here, Sheila. MM doesn't want to be a "she" or appear as a "female", just a "guy in a skirt".

Sweetie I don't think I have missed a darned hting at all .......... MM is saying that he/she is regularly told by women that he/she looks better than them in a skirt

Originally Posted by Magickman

What am I doing wrong?

Baby beluga said .................you have answered your own question

I only aske dhow M had answered his/her own post ........... ~I still await either one of them answering me :confused: as to why neither of them have as yet ao wonder indeed if they will :straightface:

DemonicDaughter
10-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow... do you believe EVERYTHING you're told? I suppose someone can't just be nice and pay you a compliment without it going to your head.

So much for someone trying to be nice and bolster your confidence. Apparently it worked... too well.

And if you wish to know what you're "doing wrong", I'm guessing its acting as if you look better in a skirt than GGs do and that all the men just "glare" at you. It sounds conceited. That's often a huge turn off to both sexes. If you aren't conceited then I'm suggesting an alternate manner of speaking.

...They want someone who is dominant and not afraid of their beauty...

Up until that sentence, though I may not have completely agreed with you, I could see where you were coming from. I highly doubt that on a list of things women look for in partners, that "dominant" would be very high on the list. Seems to me, most women would prefer someone as their equal than dominant.

Also, I can honestly say I have never heard, read or known of a woman who ever stated they were concerned a man was "afraid of their beauty". I know you mean this as a compliment, but its not a factor in dating for us GGs. I'm FAR more concerned about someone appreciating me for my mind or not being intimated by my outgoing personality than I am anything even remotely having to do with my beauty.

AllieSF
10-03-2009, 02:04 PM
If Magikman does not post a pic, so what? Are we all now required to post pics to have a thread? If he/she (to please all of you) wanted to post a pic, it would have been there. Magikman doesn't have to prove anything to post a thread, except maybe that if there is a potential rules violation, and the Mods can handle that through PM's. If you don't believe her, that is your choice. Give the OP a break. Please.

:hugs: to All

Temptation
10-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Sweetie I don't think I have missed a darned hting at all .......... MM is saying that he/she is regularly told by women that he/she looks better than them in a skirt

Ok, I thought you were referring to MM as "she".

Sheila
10-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Magikman doesn't have to prove anything to post a thread, except maybe that if there is a potential rules violation, and the Mods can handle that through PM's. If you don't believe her, that is your choice. :hugs: to All

now you would all be up in arms if MM came on here and said he was being told he was like a bloke in a skirt .............. instead he comes on boasting he looks better than GG's (which by the way is a violation of the rules if they are strictly adhered to)................(claiming he has been told this by GG's ).......... we have no way of proving or disproving this statement ..... all he has been asked to do is lay believable proof to his claim by posting a pic ...... obviosly by his not posting a pic, we are all free to make our own minds up as to the validity of such a claim :)

PaulaJaneThomas
10-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I once had a drop dead gorgeous girl tell me I'd got better legs than she had. Complete rubbish of course. She was just saying it to be nice, which was nice.

baby beluga
10-04-2009, 06:30 AM
friendly reminder that this thread has been basically ruined from the beginning and the op ditched it multiple pages back.

she has how ?

I only aske dhow M had answered his/her own post ........... ~I still await either one of them answering me :confused: as to why neither of them have as yet ao wonder indeed if they will :straightface:

my sincerest apologies for i am unable to respond to your posts at your whim

how? maybe some women have the ability to platonically compliment others on their choice of clothing

Magickman
10-04-2009, 07:48 AM
The curious thing, that started this, was the many women, all strangers, who have approached me with the same words, "You look better in a skirt than I do."

Why did they all use the same exact language? What were they really thinking? Are they being sarcastic, or are they sincere? What did they want from me?

Are these women attracted to the man in a skirt? Do they have a sexual interest? What made these women initiate contact?

Again, I am quite clearly a man in a skirt. A man. I do not try to pass as a woman.

Something is going on here. I am not quite sure of the true nature of the social dynamic. It intrigues me, though.

In normal, drab clothing, women ignore me. They never approach with compliments. So I reason that the short skirt, high heels, and tights are what motivated them to make contact.

What is going on with these women?

sherri52
10-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Try meeting the girl of your dreams in drab. Once this has been established tell her your a crossdresser. Most women want to be the woman in a relationship. Hopefully you'll find one that will appreciate you trying to be like one.

mskanuchi
10-04-2009, 08:02 AM
My wife told me that last week. Since then she has sort of cooled off on my dressing, not being as interested. I'm not trying to out-do her, just having fun. Last night I wore a nice nightie while we watched a movie, she made some excellent comments on it. Sometime she jealous, sometimes not. Women, who can explain them?

JennyS.
10-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I once had a drop dead gorgeous girl tell me I'd got better legs than she had. Complete rubbish of course. She was just saying it to be nice, which was nice.

This happened to me once, too. We were all out and dressed at the 106. There were six of us and I was at the bar getting a drink when a woman approached me and said I looked better than her and said "and I'm a real girl". We were dressed to the nines, she wasn't. T-shirt and jeans. I know she was just being nice, but it felt good.

Personally, I'd really like to see a picture of the OP's legs in a skirt.

By the way, like most of you... I've posted plenty of pictures.

Temptation
10-04-2009, 08:42 AM
The curious thing, that started this, was the many women, all strangers, who have approached me with the same words, "You look better in a skirt than I do."

Pics or it didn't happen. As well as the rest of your posts didn't happen. It's all fictionmania stuff.

Andrea's Lynne
10-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Since this appears to MM's fantasy world why not let him answer it in his own fantasy way

Sandygal
10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Maybe they were just curious and it was a good opening line to see what you were all about. After all the threads Ive read, it looks like findiing a woman who wants to go home with a crossdresser is like finding a needle in a haystack. It sound like you need real patience until one comes along

Sara Jessica
10-04-2009, 09:55 AM
This thread is like a car crash, I haven't been able to help myself from taking a peek here and there since it started.

But now something has come to mind that I'd like to share. I get tired of any comments which suggest that "we" (fill in the blank, "look better", "are more feminine", or whatever) than a natal woman. First of all, that is disrespectful to women. It's also boastful which the last time I checked is a decidedly male trait.

And I really don't care if OP is conveying something that was said to him. It really doesn't matter. It's unverifyable, disrespectful and boasting.

JennyS.
10-04-2009, 10:12 AM
This thread is like a car crash, I haven't been able to help myself from taking a peek here and there since it started.

But now something has come to mind that I'd like to share. I get tired of any comments which suggest that "we" (fill in the blank, "look better", "are more feminine", or whatever) than a natal woman. First of all, that is disrespectful to women. It's also boastful which the last time I checked is a decidedly male trait.

And I really don't care if OP is conveying something that was said to him. It really doesn't matter. It's unverifyable, disrespectful and boasting.

While I agree that the OP is very boastful, and frankly, his stories are difficult to believe. However, some of us have had unsolicited compliments and it feels good, is there something wrong with that? Me, I'm not fooling myself. I would never believe that I look better than a natural GG. No way. But, there are hundreds of ladies here that are extremely convincing and if I saw them on the street I'd prolly say "wow, she's fine".

Sara Jessica
10-04-2009, 10:39 AM
While I agree that the OP is very boastful, and frankly, his stories are difficult to believe. However, some of us have had unsolicited compliments and it feels good, is there something wrong with that? Me, I'm not fooling myself. I would never believe that I look better than a natural GG. No way. But, there are hundreds of ladies here that are extremely convincing and if I saw them on the street I'd prolly say "wow, she's fine".

I'm not talking about compliments in general, especially those of the unsolicited variety from people we don't know. Personally, I treasure those. But even if someone said to me "you look better than...", I'd never repeat it. Furthermore, if I knew the person (let's presume it came from a natal woman), I'd be quick to reply "thank you but at the end of the day you have scoreboard in the woman department."

Now I understand that such a comment would have a different effect on one who longs to transition versus a guy-in-a-skirt as the OP professes to be.

And yes, I agree there are many women in here who look wonderful, beautiful and even very much like natal women. But just as you put it Jenny, you'd say, "wow, she's fine" with the operative word being "she". That's a lot different than saying "wow, you look better than a genetic woman".

Stephenie S
10-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Dear all,

OK, let's cut MM some slack here.

He asked, in the original post, what he was doing wrong. GGs are aproaching him with a compliment. "You look better in a skirt than I do", and he wonders why it never leads to anything else. This could be construed as boasting, but it could be an honest request for help. Or, it could be a little of both.

What's really going on here? I think MM is just confused about GGs and compliments. GGs do the compliment thing ALL THE TIME. It's not a "come on". It's just a compliment. It might not even be a genuine compliment. It's just a friendly interchange. We do this all the time. "Oh I love your skirt" and "What pretty nails", or "You look better in a skirt than I do", does NOT mean a GG is coming on to you.

He is a bit of a spectacle, a guy in a skirt, hose, and heels. Of course he is going to attract a some attention. Glares from the guys is par for the course I should imagine.

So MM, just because a woman compliments you on your "look" doesn't mean she wants to go home with you. Girls want a lot more than a guy in a skirt. As a matter of fact, they USUALLY want to go home with a GUY. My advice to MM was to lose the skirt when he was looking for some amorous interchange. Most single women out at a dance are looking for a MAN. A man in a skirt, no matter how good it looks, can be a bit confusing, I should think. I certainly wouldn't pick the CD out of a crowd to go home with. I want a man.

So let's not lose the subject of the OP as we dump on MM. IMHO, he's just confused about GGs and compliments and might not deserve all this flac.

Lovies,
Stephenie

TGMarla
10-04-2009, 10:47 AM
:iagree:

Really, the thought of some guy, wearing a skirt, hosiery, and heels, wondering why the girls aren't responding to him like he'd like them to, is a bit ridiculous. Gee, what's wrong with this picture?

Duh.

ReineD
10-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I hate to break it to you bu as a GG I will admit that if I have no idea what to say to a person I will pick something they are wear and compliment it. It stops me from feeling awkward, I'm not sure if other women do this but to me its like talking about the weather. Breaks the ice and evens out quite moments. Perhaps your looking into things to much. Outfit compliments don't necessary mean attraction.
:yt:

I also will compliment a woman on what she is wearing if I like her and want to say something nice. This is picking one positive or intriguing thing about her and saying something favorable, not using the compliment to passively point out something that I consider to be weird or unflattering. IMO GGs encountering a guy in a skirt will focus on something positive and I see this as a way to say, "You're OK in my books, I'm OK with what you're doing". This is a far cry from indicating a romantic attraction.

Why did they all use the same exact language? What were they really thinking? Are they being sarcastic, or are they sincere? What did they want from me?

Are these women attracted to the man in a skirt? Do they have a sexual interest? What made these women initiate contact?

I think the comments, "You look better in a skirt than I do" is an indication these GGs are not accustomed to seeing guys in skirts; hence the comparison .. it is a way the GGs are acknowledging to themselves and to you that you do fall outside their prior experience or ideas of how guys are supposed to present. They are trying to make sense of it, while at the same time realizing they do not object to the idea (the concept that there are guys who wear skirts). So they find a way to point out the difference while being complimentary. In my opinion, this is not an indication they are romantically attracted. If they were, I should guess they would let you know this the same way they would let any other guy know ... by flirting with you maybe. Or by suggesting the two of you should get together sometime.

If you should encounter GGs who hang out with CDs all the time, I think the compliment would target a particular item of clothing they like such as jewelry or a skirt, "I love it! Where did you buy this?" rather than making a comparison between you and themselves.

In normal, drab clothing, women ignore me. They never approach with compliments. So I reason that the short skirt, high heels, and tights are what motivated them to make contact.

See above for my theory of what is going on. As to why they do not approach you in drab, could it be that when you are in drab you aren't as confident about yourself as you are when dressed and you exude a different energy? I've read many times here that CDs don't like themselves as men and they feel invisible. So it makes sense they would not expect to be noticed or maybe even liked, and they may wish to fade more in the background?

Temptation
10-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I get tired of any comments which suggest that "we" (fill in the blank, "look better", "are more feminine", or whatever) than a natal woman. First of all, that is disrespectful to women. It's also boastful which the last time I checked is a decidedly male trait.
I agree with you totally.

baby beluga
10-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Why did they all use the same exact language?
because they think you do

What were they really thinking?
that they think you look better in a skirt than they do

Are they being sarcastic, or are they sincere?
most likely sincere

What did they want from me?
to say thanks for the compliment and perhaps talk a tiny bit about fashion

Are these women attracted to the man in a skirt?
no

Do they have a sexual interest?
no

What made these women initiate contact?
the fact that you're wearing clothing that men normally don't wear

they are complimenting you for choice in clothing

skirtsuit
10-04-2009, 06:26 PM

Yes, I've noticed women do this quite alot. As a man, I could never do this without it seeming weird or fake, but when I'm enfemme, complementing another CD or GG on a item of clothing or such is an excellent way to break the ice.

I've also noticed that GGs, especially slightly drunk ones, seem less inhibited when talking to CDs as opposed to regular men, even when they know there's a men under the dress and makeup. Some weird costume effect, I guess. I would agree with everyone else tho - it probably doesn't mean anything. Maybe the women are just curious?

All the Best,

Ann / SS

mklinden2010
10-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Then again...

If women keep walking up to you and saying, "You look better in a skirt than I do" it may actually mean:

"About damn time someone else - a "man" - looked ridiculous wearing a tight skirt, clingy hose, and shoes you can't really walk in... Welcome to the club, fool."

Seriously, it ain't all innocent fun and games in the real world.

Some may be at a loss for words, some may just be glossing over a moment, others may be, wittingly or unwittingly, tapping you as "the bigger fool" for what you are doing.

If you're not getting anything out of all this effort, that may be all the proof you need that you're being played for a fool in all this.

Check your results.

How's this working for YOU?

If it's not working for you - you're being fooled, fool.

lingerieLiz
10-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Have you ever heard of a sarcastic comment. Because a woman says that to you does not mean she thinks it. Delivered with a polite smile gives her even more enjoyment.

CD202Leanne
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Personally I am beginning to think that perhaps OP lives in some magical, mystical fantasy land. I could be wrong, but somehow St. Paul, Minnesota does not strike me as being such a safe haven for crossdressers. I could be wrong . . . . . maybe it's not uncommon to see men about that town dressed in skirts, heels and such. But then again, if OP truly does look better in a skirt than these several hundred women that have told him so . . . . . what does that say about the female population of St. Paul? Just curious . . . . .

Kathi Lake
10-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I have been keeping up with this post. I haven't posted yet because I too have heard this phrase many times and wondered how I would be viewed if I said I also have heard it. :)

There are some differences between MM and I. I am not single, I don't dress this way in bars to meet women (even though it seemed to work for our poor banned buddy MissConstrued), and I have posted numerous (and I do mean numerous!) pictures, so the user can judge.

So, once again, I have heard the phrase from many women that my legs, hips, butt, and other body parts are better than theirs. My take-away from it isn't that she is interested in me - or even that she thinks my body parts are better than hers. When I hear, "Wow, your legs are better than mine" I translate it in my head into the probably more accurate "Wow, your legs are skinnier than mine." Some women seem to equate - especially with legs - that skinnier is better. So, it is a compliment, in my eyes, but one I take as more of a dig at themselves rather than a compliment for me. Many women I have talked with struggle with body-image issues. If they see someone with smaller hips, smaller legs, cuter lips - many things - they compare that to their own (usually beautiful) features, and find themselves wanting. I get so sad at that. They're beautiful! Sigh.

Ideas?

Kathi

Magickman
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, folks, I dress up in St. Paul, Minnesota, a place that is hardly a magical, mystical fantasy land.

And, from what I have seen, there are not any public crossdressers in my community. At least, I haven't encountered them. Or if I did, I was unaware.

Is this a safe haven? For me, it has been. Nobody bothers to bother me.

Please note that I do not claim to be better looking in a skirt, than the local women; only that the women tell me I am.

The whole thing with the women's stated opinions is very funny to me. But it keeps happening, so I share the adventures here.

Temptation
10-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes, folks, I dress up in St. Paul, Minnesota, a place that is hardly a magical, mystical fantasy land.

pics or it didn't happen. time to put up or shut up.

baby beluga
10-06-2009, 02:36 AM
THE INTERNET DEMANDS PICTURES SHEESH MAN :eek: