PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing packing checklist?

LeahCD2002
10-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Hiya girls...

Planning my first business trip in November with Leah in tow...just looking for reminders on key things to bring such that I am not left without an important item once I start to get dolled up...

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated...

Leah :doll:

Christina Horton
10-01-2009, 09:19 PM
A mirror and a free standing desk light to see your makeup better. All your makeup , clothes, shoes for all diff weather , etc.

lexygirl
10-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Extra nylons, makeup remover, side arm...... Can never be to carefull.

trannie T
10-01-2009, 10:11 PM
An extra air or two of pantyhose. The first pair will develop a huge run if you did not bring a backup pair.

Stephanie Miller
10-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Depending on where you're going - in November - I always pack one of those small purse size collapsible umbrella. Sure shootin' as soon as you get all dolled up and step outside the rain hits. There's nothing worse than a wet wig. :doh:

Blaire
10-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Hiya girls...

Planning my first business trip in November with Leah in tow...just looking for reminders on key things to bring such that I am not left without an important item once I start to get dolled up...

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated...

Leah :doll:

Seeing as how I'm in a hotel room on one of these trips myself, I'll tell you exactly what I brought! Now where I hang my dress, I don't even consider going out, so it's slanted towards staying in the room, 1 or 2 nights tops. This, plus 2 days worth of the yukky clothes, fits into a carry on sized bag.

Outfit, 1. Sucks really bad to have to choose a day before what I'm going to wear the day after, so I usually take along something I just got so I can get it's feel. If you wear nylons, bring 2.

Makeup, 2. It's smaller than an outfit, so you can get more in. I bring my usual bases, plus my travel palette and an extra shadow quad, blush, and lip colour. Gives me enough mix and match that I can play around and match my mood at the time, and partially compensates for the outfit shortage. I have a Lancome "everything in a box" kit, and got the MAC travel bag at duty free yesterday. Contains a bag and a travel size mac brushes :D:

Hair 1. It's big and fluffy. Do NOT put it in your suitcase without it's box!!!!

Shoes, 1 pair. Also big, and takes up too much room.

Brush, 1. OMG, forgetting this is like leaving your passport at home.

Undies, 2. A set for day time, and something to make the rough hotel sheets tolerable. Don't forget whatever you put under the undies to ehance or hide. If you have to sit on your luggage to close it, leave the nicest "fillers" at home, and bring the cheapies.

Accessories, 0. I can live without that on short trips, even if jewelry is small.

Intuition, 1+1 refill. A razor that doesn't need separate lotions. Perfect.

Removal wipes, 1 package. Hotel laundries don't use fabric softener. You don't want to scrub your face with them.

Have fun! Make sure to take inventory when you repack.

windycissy
10-02-2009, 09:01 AM
If you're going to be going out and about, mix n' match coordinates are always a good idea, like a top that goes with a skirt and pants, all matching your purse and shoes...I'm in my hotel room right now, about to go down to breakfast, and since most of the other guests are business types in suits, etc. I get to put on a nice conservative dress, heels and stockings and play career woman this morning!

NicoleScott
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Make a LIST, and add to it as you think of something. Shop in advance for the things you need, and check the list when you pack, and AFTER you think you've packed all you need.

Karren H
10-02-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm not even going to tell what I take because I always take 2 big suit cases and always go over weight... (Makeup, jewelry, shoes, and Breast forms weigh a lot!!) All my coworkers I travel with wonder out loud why I take so much... And my wife wonder why I always get those extra charges.. The thing to remember is you can always buy what you forgot.. And I usually do.. Also you may want to take an extra collapsable bag along to bring back all the stuff you may buy when out shopping..

PaulaJaneThomas
10-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Don't forget your syrup. A friend of mine did once when she came to visit. Fortunately I had a few spares.

Joni Marie Cruz
10-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm with Karren, I have this tendency to want to drag along every piece of clothing I own, as well as all my jewelry, all my shoes and so on. It drives my wife nuts. She, being very practical, decides on an outfit for each day and the accessories for it, and that's that. I don't get it all, how the hell can you know what you're going to want to wear on any particular day? That's crazy. I want all my options open.

But, if space is limited and you don't want to pack like you're going to go hiking in Tibet for a year or something, what might be a good idea is to make a checklist like you would if you were going wilderness camping, especially for essentials like makeup and so on. I'd include things like facial care products, makeup, accessories & jewelry, a couple of different handbags (one casual, one nicer), practical shoes as well as fashion statment ones, a couple of sweaters and/or jackets, especially this time of year and so on. Yikes, it does sound like packing for an expedition, doesn't it? I tend to be more scatterbrained and wind up throwing things at random into various bags only to find I've forgotten something like my brushes or breastforms or whatever.

Good luck and have fun, girl.

Hugs...Joni Mari

LeahCD2002
10-03-2009, 12:17 PM
All great ideas and pointers girls.

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks

LEAH :doll: