PDA

View Full Version : Age and Dressing

Jenny
07-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

Jenny, the nosy one, here again. It seems like we have quite a range of ages among our members. It got me to wondering if your interest in dressing has changed over time: Has it gotten stronger or weaker? Have you approached your dressing with a different attitude over time? Are there other differences in your dressing as time has passed?

For me, there have been some significant changes. I started dressing at age 9, even before I hit puberty. When I first started dressing, I was driven almost purely by curiosity. I was fascinated by the strange clothes, particularly underclothes, my older sisters wore. I was also fascinated by other feminine items they started using. I remember sitting on the toilet numerous times trying to figure out what the heck tampons were used for!!!

Then as I hit puberty, my dressing assumed a very pronounced sexual component. For a number of years, my dressing was accompanied by sexual release. I had a Monica Lewinsky incident on one of my sister's dresses (fortunately not caught or blamed) and almost had another "accident" with my oldest sister's bikini swimsuit. Every time I dressed I would satisfy myself sexually throughout my early and mid teen years. (Try to keep this relatively clean, Julie.;))

Then when I moved away from home for college and could buy my own clothes and wear them whenever I wanted, the sexual componet diminished markedly. By then I began to view my girl clothes as a regular part of my wardrobe. That is how I am today. When I get dressed in the morning, I decide which pair of panties I am going to wear, often which pair of girl's jeans I am going to wear, whether I am going to wear a bra, and whether I am going to wear a boy's or girl's top.

I recall thinking when I first started dressing (in what now seems a vague way) that I was merely going through a phase; that I would outgrow this "hobby" when I got older; that I was just being a curious boy and that other boys had the same curiosity about girl's clothes that I did. After reading the posts from the older members of our forum, I realize that most of these assumptions are wrong. If anything, my interest in dressing has gotten much stronger over the years.

So I would like to know: How old are you and how long have you been dressing? Have you had changes over the years in your attitudes and practices about dressing? :confused:

[BTW: Should I change my name to Nosy Nelly or Curious Cathy? :D ]

Scaredsis
07-30-2004, 03:33 PM
I can't remember, I know I was young. At first it was the feeling of the fabrics. I have always been keen on girdles. Like you when I reached puberty it took on a whole new meaning ;) . Now that I am in my late 40s I still get turned on, but I also just like to dress because it feels good. Thats about it for me.

Hugs,
Betty

windycissy
07-30-2004, 03:40 PM
The nerve of you, to ask our ages without giving yours! Seriously, I have had a very similar trajectory to yours. The early experiences were highly erotic, although I always felt creepy after I got off. Maybe it's because our testosterone declines over the years, but now I find dressing to be much more laid back and enjoyable. I mean, I still get aroused by every time I put on nylons over freshly shaved legs, and when I curl up in front of the mirror in a pretty dress and read something by Nom de Plume (http://snurl.com/tgblog) I almost always have a big "O". Only now, I don't feel creepy anymore. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Jenny
07-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Sorry Cissy;

Two glaring mistakes in my post. :o First, you are never supposed to ask a lady her age and second, my age is 22. So sorry!!! :p

windycissy
07-30-2004, 04:39 PM
No problem, kiddo. But I'm still not revealing my age! I will however reveal my secret identity (http://www.grimmy.com/images/MGG_Archive/MGG_2004/MGG0722.gif) Windy

Danielle1960
07-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Years ago I had a real curiosty and didn't understand it. While in the Service I occassionally had some real desire and was able to put it aside. Finally retired from the service and not to old (shhhh... don't tell 43yo) I find the desire for me has gotten to a point where I can't resist. I find I love it too. :)
Danielle

Julie
07-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Years ago I had a real curiosty and didn't understand it. While in the Service I occassionally had some real desire and was able to put it aside. Finally retired from the service and not to old (shhhh... don't tell 43yo) I find the desire for me has gotten to a point where I can't resist. I find I love it too. :)
Danielle
Danielle,

You're a yungin' honey! 43? I wish I could go back there. One thing I do know is I will never deny Julie a place in my life. Life is too short and happiness can be hard to find.

Darby
07-30-2004, 07:42 PM
No problem, kiddo. But I'm still not revealing my age! I will however reveal my secret identity (http://www.grimmy.com/images/MGG_Archive/MGG_2004/MGG0722.gif) Windy
"..Honey, where's my Super Suit? I can't find my Super Suit..."
Windy, Darby here. Hi. I could stop snickering when I opened the link. To funny! If you hadn't said anything about age asking, well I would have thought about saying something... Jenny, I'm surprised... just kidding. I will say this Jenny, I've started having anniversarys of my birthday these years and they started when I turned 35... ok, I'm on my 10th anniversary. There I said it (I'm not in denial, I'm not in denial, I'm not in Kansas anymore either... LOL). I too can remember the day my older sister started wearing blue pantyhose! I was about 10 and my eyes were glued to her legs! They looked so good and I wanted to see more.
My degree of dressing has flourished with being older and having the ability to buy what I want and when I want. Just bought a beautiful pair of strappy black sandals and a 15" black mini with a pink silk blouse the other night and that is to add to the already stuffed cedar closet. I'm getting off track as usual... sorry.
I think for me, as well as most of us, it is a needed release that is pleasurable. Go figure, who wouldn't want to do something pleasurable right?! My dressing is also a sexual thing also and for years I have wondered if it was taking away from my relationship with my wife (been married 10 years but the only complaint in that dept is that it usually is to late when we're done and I shouldn't really say that... being the lady I am...). I went to a military academy for high school and then off to a liberal arts school for college in NC. I was intrigued by the "southern girls" and their style of doing things and I enjoyed dating but came to the realization that a (dare I say it), a yankee from NJ just couldn't do the suaveness of a true southern lady but I did get alot of tips from a girlfriend I had and it was alot of fun.
I have always had the urge but until I got on my own, only admired what a girl was wearing and bought pantyhose and bras until I could afford my first long wig and then it really took off and the enjoyment ramped way up!
Anyway enough of my babble.

jessicadiane
07-30-2004, 07:58 PM
I first dressed in womens clothing when I was 5 and it was a pair of my mother's pantyhose. There was quite a gap before I dressed again. When I was 9 I started wearing my mother's dresses and pantyhose. Like Jenny when I hit puberty at 14 I began crossdressing more and also used it as a sexual release. At that age a friend of my mom's brought whole bags of clothes and shoes over to our house and I snuck quite a few dresses,hosiery,and shoes out of the bag.I also took a slip and that is the first time I wore a women's undergarment. By the time I was 18 I had gotten quite the wardrobe and at that age I purchased my first pair of panties and a bra as well as my own makeup. I wore my first wig when I was 25 and purchased my first breast forms just last year. I believe that the older you get the more experienced you get with the dressing and the further you want to take it. I don't know what age has in store for me in the future but I'm sure it will be natural and wonderful :o

clarissa3d
07-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Well I can remember back when I was 5 not wanting to put my pants on because it did not feel right. ?? I am now 41 and still hate to wear boys clothes.
I have been questioning myself for years woundering why I had this feeling that I could not put a finger on. Was I messed up in the head, different or what. I would take baths looking at the little one and woundering how to make it go away.
go figure. Really I dont think I will truely know why I am special like we are.

I happy to know the feeling that has lived with me my whole life and the only thing I wish I could change is that I had the body to go with the feeling that has dominated me from my earliest memories.

Clarissa

chloe
07-31-2004, 06:40 AM
Hi, Jenny
Ive been dressing since I was around 11. Also the sexual release thing..for me when i was 9 or so I had a huge fear of turning into a girl????..That changed into wanting to be a girl....Now Im 28...my need seems to be getting so much stronger.......ive got no clothes and realy need a shopping spree soon............. xxxxx Chloe

clarissa3d
08-02-2004, 05:14 PM
hum, I hear this alot. The older you get the stronger the urge to stay in femme.

I think this is a new thread!

:)

Danielle1960
08-02-2004, 05:31 PM
I hope I look as nice as you once I get it all together!
Danielle

HillaryArtemis
08-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Most of my early dressing was erotic until I hit university and then had a bad time. I started dressing full - less make up. The I did a little bit before I was married and recently started again. Then I got caught and my wife introduced me to makeup. I love makeup what the hell was I doing without it! My dressing is no longer strongly erotic save in a teasing type way. Actually it is more like a release as I become a totally different character: my lovely Jodi. I always wanted to be an actress.

JodiArtemis :p

Sherlyn
08-02-2004, 05:51 PM
hi.....: ].. hell i m not afraid to say...hes 43 ... !!sherlyn !!hehe well 33 sounds good ...lol ...a tuck here a tuck there a pull tight a clinch and some make up and clothes la .laaaaaa ta daaaaaaaaaaaa looking younger every chance she gets

: ] Sherlyn : ]

kristi cd
08-02-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm just 19 :p but I think I've had a little bit of what you're talking about. I remember when I first started when I was 8-9 and thought it was just a "phase" that every kid goes through, but as I've gotten older and talked with others I realize it's not. I suppose I'm still young enough to be completely confused about it all :D so that being said I really have no idea what my dressing will progress into really, hopefully nothing more than that but I guess you never know. Don't know if that answered the question, I just ramble sometimes when I'm sleep deprived. :rolleyes:

Stelli
08-02-2004, 09:05 PM
So we should create 40+ club :) to answer these questions :) One of my girfriends use to say: I am 28 and that has been like that for several years and I am sticking to it :)

To answer your question, No, it doesnot go away. Although I am not addict on crossdressing or better to say I find (recent discovery during last self assesments) all dressing as crossdressing there is one thing: Once you find youself that (x)dressing is something you enjoy - you do it. As human being of course you get aroused sexually but then there is all plethora of other things that dressing brings - male or female. I work on my mind quite a lot and I have tried to forget it (at some earlier stages) but then my mind plays games with me and puts me in crossdressing dreams. Now, I figure that accepting is better path. But I also must admit that we were in secret to the public. Only recently we are collectively comming out. Bless the Internet, when I was pioneering it I knew that we could use it for a good cause but this collective comming out is astounding to me together with amount of new members or courious readers.

You live in good times for this, kiddo.

Teddie
08-03-2004, 02:32 AM
hum, I hear this alot. The older you get the stronger the urge to stay in femme.

I think this is a new thread!

:)

I 'm 58, and I think you're correct. The older you get the stronger the urge gets. I also feel, at least I think I do, more feminine all the time. I spend more time on skin care, nail care, etc. Do I mind? Not at all? I love it!

Kath
08-03-2004, 07:19 AM
My 63rd birthday is in two days and let me tell you my desire gets much stronger as you age. I started with my mom's girdles in pre-puberty and have dressed off and on for 50+/- years. For example I have had a very strong desire and urge for a complete session in the past several days but no opportunity. It is driving me nuts, I've been getting by with an application of lipstick before jumping in the shower, gawd how I hate my wife colors on me.

From comments from all you youngsters, some comments I've read on other forums and my personal experience I believe the urge gets exponentially stronger as you get older.

Hugs to all, Kath

Jenny
08-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

You know, when I first thought of this thread, I considered doing it as a poll: members in their teens, their 20's, their 30s, etc. Maybe that would still be a good idea. I know everyone's situation is going to be different -- for example, there are probably people who sampled dressing as a younger person and then gave it up for one reason or another -- but it sure does appear that for most of us, the urge to dress -- while it may change over time -- simply does not go away over time. I like Jenny so well, I think that is a good thing to look forward to. :)

Jennifer_Ph
08-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi Nosy Nelly. ;) It was right around puberty that I found pantyhose and yes they were very much linked to sexual release. Then heels intrigued me. I wanted to wear heels and pantyhose in public and the only way I could figure out how to do that was to crossdress. I had quite the wardrobe at around 18 but never went 'out'. Around 25 yrs old I started wearing pantyhose as a male with shorts publicly. It wasn't until I was 33 that Jennifer hit the town - at least out of the closet. I am 36 now and still in hose as a guy, but more and more as Jennifer as time permits. I'm a busy person. (people?) Now when I CD it's more about doing it right, looking my best, not about any sexual satisfaction. I enjoy being Jennifer now because she relaxes me, makes me feel pretty, and fun. Mike is usually greasy from building his toys. :) So yes, my reasons have changed - but the one thing consistant from day one are the pantyhose and heels. Sometimes in my shop I'll wear hose and heels as him just because I like to. When it comes time to be Jennifer I take my time and make sure everything is just perfect!

samantha78
08-03-2004, 09:09 AM
I started at age 9! I got this pair of white girls flats and wore them constantly in secret till they wore out! and the at age 15 started buying my own clothes and wearing them in secret. now I can buy the clothes with confidence but an still afraid of going out!

Janice Ann
08-03-2004, 10:49 AM
And what does age have to do with it? Like most of us-at the young age of 5 was trying on Moms girdles- my sisters clothes- and now at 63 have a stuffed closet- When dressed as Janice I feel like I am 20 years younger-
and a little makeup does wonders --
The UPS better have my new breast forms today--- LOL
:D Janice Ann

Kerri
08-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Greetings oh "nosy one".... from another one of the girls. :cool:
I am thinking now that you must be using all these interesting polling threads for a college thesis??? :rolleyes:
Am I close?

I don't have the time right now, (it's middle of the work day for me now), ... but I'll contribute to your latest new "research poll" later tonite. ;)

Kerri

Kerri
08-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Actually Jenny, ... just wanted to say that your "research" is great & fun to read and reply to, and it's a way for all of us ladies to continue down that road of self-discovery. ;)

And BTW .... I'd keep "Jenny", ... I think we all like "Jenny" ;)

Steffie-Lee
08-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Your never too old, or too young. I started when I was 12, in my mom's dresses. That was 50 years ago. I've come along way since then. Now at 62 and 220 lbs, I am still gorgeous, and looking for a boy friend.... :)

Jenny
08-04-2004, 01:20 PM
That's right, Kerri, all of this is for my doctoral thesis. And, by the way, it's Dr. Jenny from now on. :D

Kellie Day
08-04-2004, 03:49 PM
This is a great survey and the responses have been very enlightening!

I'm in my mid 50s and have been fascinated by the appearance options open to women but foreclosed to XY people ever since I was about nine years old. I think what first twigged me to "something is wrong here" was a comic book that showed men in the middle ages wearing cool tunics rather than crush-your-crotch hellish pants. Sign me up for the year 1300!

Dressing has never had a great sexual connection for me--at least no more than it does for the average woman, which is far more than most women admit. For me, it's all about looking in the mirror or just feeling the clothes on my body and saying "right".

I've never actually had the experience of being "read" by somebody who knew me but didn't know of my innovative fashion sense--I really couldn't care less who knows and don't take any precautions to keep people from seeing me in whatever hideous costume I affect. But if it happened, and I got a negative response, I think I'd say, "And you're happy, then, living your entire life without ever once looking as pretty as I do?"