PDA

View Full Version : What to do, Where to go, DC Sat Evening??

"Mary"
10-02-2009, 10:26 PM
I have a brief stop in DC on Sat and should have a chance to get out for a few hours, early Saturday evening.

I've visited before but never in girl mode, I figure I'll ride the Metro a bit, visit Union Station, but don't have any other good ideas.

Suggestions?

Aeval
10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't have any places for you, (haven't been to DC since high school) but I'll be watching this thread for ideas as well. I'll be going sometime this winter myself.

Please make a new thread and tell us about your adventures in the Capitol!

Miss Anthropic
10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Pentagon City Mall! 4 floors of fun! :p

Can't be of much more help than that though, I've been to DC dozens of times but have mainly focused on the sightseeing stuff like the Smithsonian, checking out my tax dollars at work ya know.

As aeval said, be sure to lets us know what you get into, my SO and I will likely be making a trip to DC this month or next and I imagine most of it I'll be enfemme.... or so I hope.

docrobbysherry
10-02-2009, 11:15 PM
U wish to CD in DC?:heehee:

(I'm sorry, REALLY I AM!):brolleyes:

Evie08
10-03-2009, 04:16 AM
Pentagon City Mall! 4 floors of fun! :p

If I recall, there is a huge Nordstrom and Macys store there. http://www.simon.com/mall/malldirectory.aspx?id=157 with good access to the Metro.

Enjoy your stop there.

"Mary"
10-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Pentagon City Mall! 4 floors of fun! :p.......

I like the sound of that. But reluctant. I've never been to a mall before.

I wonder if there will be many rambunctious teens there on a Sat evening. At 5' 13" I don't blend in all that well, up close. Flats :( there for sure.

Miss Anthropic
10-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I like the sound of that. But reluctant. I've never been to a mall before.

I wonder if there will be many rambunctious teens there on a Sat evening. At 5' 13" I don't blend in all that well, up close. Flats :( there for sure.

Like Evie siad, it's pretty much it's own Metro stop, so it works out nicely.

As for rambunctious teens, I would worry too much, it's less teeny mall than it is melting pot. I've seen just about evrty type of person you can imagine there.

Kristen Marie
10-03-2009, 10:28 PM
What about over at Georgetown? It is a college environment with a good number of fun shops (not malls) and places to eat. I was there just over a year ago with some students and thought this would be a cool place to go out as Kristen. We ate at the Tomb restaraunt and that was fun..but I was in guy mode.