PDA

View Full Version : Lost the weight!

Robyn2006
10-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey Girls,
Haven't been around for a while... sorry about that. You know how it goes, life happens. But wanted to tell someone in-the-know that I've been on a hell of a diet over the past few months and have lost a whopping 25 lbs! This is something that I told myself I'd do before my next birthday, which is coming up in a couple of weeks. Anyway, for reasons of my own I have disallowed myself from any transitioning until I lost these pounds... so hating myself as a flabby, middle-aged guy pathetically trying on my femme clothes when every part of me was so sadly spilling out. Well... come this next birthday, I'll be back! Can't tell you all enough how wonderful it is to be thin again, to feel free with my body and be able to do anything that I like without that annoying "fold" forever reminding me that I'm fooling myself. Sorry if I'm offending any of you that might be on the Oprah Winfrey side of life... so sorry, really, I don't mean to be obnoxious, though I probably am... I just can't help it! I feel so alive again!

Come the weekend of Oct. 16th, I've planned quite a comeback... have bought so many new things, though all the old now certainly fit... or are too large! So looking forward to coming back to the fairer side of life. I've missed it all so much!!!! :cheer:

Robyn

playfullprincess
10-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Well Done!!! I could afford to lose a few pounds... :/ Kudos to you!

Miranda09
10-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeaaaa Robyn. Keep it going girl. :)

kellycan27
10-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Very good.. you'll feel better and be healthier without the extra pounds.
Kelly

kimberly ann487
10-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Congrats Robyn, take it from a girl that has lost 75 lbs over the last two years you will never do anything better for yourself.:) The secret is keeping it off. I owe it primarily to cding, the nice things in the misses department are a great incentive,lol. Keep up the good work.

Phyliss
10-03-2009, 03:20 AM
Robyn2006, good for you.
Once I made the connection that the cuter clothes are in the smaller sizes, my weight loss began in earnest.

Like kimberly ann says, keeping it off is the big key learn new ways of eating and doing things that will keep the pounds away. (NO, shopping doesn't count as exercise)

angpai30
10-03-2009, 04:10 AM
I have been thinking of buying a smaller size dress as an incentive to loose some weight so I can fit in it, but as well buy a sports bra and some spandex to exercise in. I am kind of lost on where to buy this stuff seeing that when I was crossdressing 3 1/2 years ago I really wasn't all that much, but now that I am going full into it full speed I want to know where a good place to get a good sports bra and some spandex pants from would be.

Phyliss
10-03-2009, 05:25 AM
I have been thinking of buying a smaller size dress as an incentive to loose some weight so I can fit in it, but as well buy a sports bra and some spandex to exercise in....I want to know where a good place to get a good sports bra and some spandex pants from would be.

Ah yes buying the smaller clothes as an incentive, my sister calls them goal clothes ... of course she never reaches it and as a result has a closet full of stuff she'll never wear, ( checked it out ... kinda like free shopping, ... nothing there that I liked, nutz)

As for where to purchase some good sport bras and spandex pants, check out your local Hanes Leggs Bali outlet. Some of the Champion sport bras are pretty good, ( BTW don't get the pull over style. While good at what they're intended for, it's a real pain getting them off after a heavy workout, and you're all damp)
The pants, also from Champion are pretty good.
I've found that by wearing a thigh shaper from Barely There ( style # 4205) it really helps keep a nice tuck while at the gym, and isn't that why we're there to look good and loose weight?

Jocelyn Quivers
10-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Robyn2006, good for you.
Once I made the connection that the cuter clothes are in the smaller sizes, my weight loss began in earnest.

Very true Phyliss. Congragulations Robyn keep it up.:thumbsup:

MJ
10-03-2009, 09:25 AM
congrats sis. the hard part is keeping it off

PretzelGirl
10-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Way to go! Losing isn't easy. But keeping it off is tough too. As said up above, you have to have a different outlook on how you eat. I gave up burgers and other fast food for dresses and skirts. Nice exchange if you ask me. :heehee: Keep up the good work! :clap:

JOJO44
10-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Good going girl!
I decided about three weeks ago that ain't no way I am going into next spring at my current (substantial) weight.
So I started rousting myself out at 5:30 in the a.m. :eek: and hitting the road.
Started at 1.5 miles and am now at 2 miles (3 weeks, 2 miles about .1 miles per day :battingeyelashes:) at a nice steady pace of three miles per hour.
So let's all hit the road ladies!
One, Two buckle your shoes!
Three, Four out the door
GO, GO, GO!

angpai30
10-03-2009, 01:28 PM
thank you for the advice, but I don't believe we have a Leggs Bali outlet. I live in utah and we don't have much stuff like that.

Robyn2006
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Ah yes buying the smaller clothes as an incentive, my sister calls them goal clothes ... Goal clothes... God, I love that!!! I'm living that! Thanks, Phyliss! And thanks to all who have shared here... The weight thing is such a battle, isn't it? But a battle that needs to be met head-on if our illusions have any hope to stand. Well, it's true for me! :battingeyelashes:

The upside is now all my femme clothes will fit wonderfully (to be realized next week when I'm back). The downside is all my male pants are falling off as if made for a clown. :bonk:

Robyn

sherri52
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
That's great Robyn, I'm going to have to shed some myself. I hope to have your endurance.

christinek
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Way to go girl!

I lost 55 pound in 5 Months and have kept it off so far in 10 months. It is truly a lifestyle change and must be adhered to with an occasional fall of the tracks.

PretzelGirl
10-10-2009, 01:00 PM
thank you for the advice, but I don't believe we have a Leggs Bali outlet. I live in utah and we don't have much stuff like that.

Well, you don't say where in Utah you are. But there are Factory Stores of America (outlet strip malls) in Park City and Draper and both have a Leggs-Bali store.