PDA

View Full Version : You're not gonna believe this!

Misty is Kindafem
10-03-2009, 12:43 PM
So, I've been so excited for weeks now to go to Sparkle and wouldn't you know that all this week I'm fighting a STUPID HEAD COLD!

Sparkle is tonight and I woke up this morning looking like I've been dragged through most of hell by my foot.

My eyes are puffy, my nose is red and quite chapped from all of the nose blowing and my lips are dry and cracking.

Some of you may recall that my dress for this event is strapless and shows off my upper back and shoulders. Well, dontcha know that for the first time in recent memory, my back is broken out in no less than six pimples. I would call them blemishes but pimples just seems to nail it better.

So here I sit at 10:30 the morning of the much anticipated Sparkle and I look and feel like, ...well, like crap.

...but, I'm still going.

I'll be the puffy girl sipping Alka Seltzer Plus and trying to keep my back to the wall.

-Misty

Miranda09
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Awww...poor baby! I know how you feel. I'm just getting over a cold myself. Get better soon so you can enjoy Sparkle. :)

Shelly Preston
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I hope you enjoy the event as best you can :hugs:

Rachel Morley
10-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi Misty,

Oh no! .... that sucks a$$! A head cold is not a good thing at the best of times but on the morning of River City Sparkle :sad:

Oh, well .... you can rest up in your hotel room until the last moment and then when you get to the ballroom hopefully a few stiff drinks will solve the problem!! Pimples? ...... well as an organizer of this event I can make sure the lighting is more subdued if you like :D ... and of course, blend a few blobs of concealer or foundation on your pimples and no one will notice. Besides I expect everyone will be more interested in looking at your face and front than your back! :battingeyelashes:

Hugs
Rachel

P.S. as least it's not swine flu! :D

angpai30
10-03-2009, 01:11 PM
I have never heard of sparkle. What is sparkle?

Rachel Morley
10-03-2009, 01:15 PM
It's actually River City Sparkle (http://www.rivercitysparkle.org/) (not to be confused with the Sparkle Transgender Weekend in the UK (http://www.sparkle.org.uk/) which is much bigger). Ours is currently a formal ball (although in the coming years we plan to develop it to a weekend event) and it happens in Sacramento, California and is all about celebrating transgender unity. It's hosted by the River City Gems and this is our second year. We asked Bella Jay who is one of the original founders of Sparkle UK in Manchester if we could use the word "Sparkle" as part of the name for our event and she told us they had no plans to license the word and was only too happy to have a transgender event here in the US be associated with that word.

For more details you can go to the main River City Sparkle website. (http://www.rivercitysparkle.org/)

angpai30
10-03-2009, 01:31 PM
It looks like I am going to have to do some traveling!! I just bought 2 beautiful new dresses and some pumps.

PretzelGirl
10-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Awww.... :hugs:

Go ahead and get some good rest and if you take some cold medicine before going, you might want to lay off the alcohol. You want to remember this night! :D

AllieSF
10-03-2009, 01:48 PM
OK Misty,

Take Rachel's good advice, bring a small tube of concealer for Rachel to work on your back, take those drinks early (not driving anywhere) and enjoy the gala. You will look terrific in the dress with your rudolph red nose. No, you need to leave that alone so everyone can see where they are going through all that pink fog!

Sara Jessica
10-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry Misty to hear of your cold but am glad to hear that you are going to give it a shot. Can't wait to see how you look in that new dress of yours, I'm sure you'll be beautiful, cold or not!!! :)

Joni Marie Cruz
10-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Damn, Misty, if I was a cold germ I'd be afraid to mess with you, girl. I'm sorry you're sick, what a hell of a time to catch a cold, I hope you get over it soon. Have fun anyway, hon, toss one back for me.

Hugs...Joni Mari

vikki2020
10-03-2009, 03:10 PM
That really sucks, but you have no choice but to tough it out, right? Your there, might as well have fun.Put a little Bourbon in that glass after the alka-seltzer, you'll still have the cold, but you just won't feel it!:drink:

Sara Jessica
10-03-2009, 03:12 PM
That really sucks, but you have no choice but to tough it out, right? Your there, might as well have fun.Put a little Bourbon in that glass after the alka-seltzer, you'll still have the cold, but you just won't feel it!:drink:

Eeewwww, bourbon??? Be careful what you recommend, that might put hair on her chest!!! ;)

Andy66
10-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Poor you. Go anyway and tell us all abput it later. Nobody will notice your back.

Michelle S
10-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Are you sure it is a cold? Have you taken your temperature? If you think it might be a flu, stay home.

PaulaJaneThomas
10-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Don't be such a wimp:brolleyes: People run marathons with all sorts of disabilities so I'm sure you can manage a few hours prancing around in heels. As for the zits on your back, wear something else which will cover them up. Every self-respecting tranny has a wardrobe full of posh frocks.

Teri Jean
10-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Misty, just wear the gown you have chosen and then throw a lite shawl over your shoulders. Walla no viewable zits and you will have just to deal with the head cold.

Teri