PDA

View Full Version : Ok - had another thought today -

SandyR
10-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Did my Sandy shoping today. Eyeliner, mascara, new lipstick, nail polish, foundation, makup remover, stick on nails....etc.....70 bucks worth.

So I did this quick calculation to determine approx what each dress up session costs........

Nails $2.50 (I can get 2 uses out of a box if I paint my own thumb nail)
I figure 3-4 of the makup reomver towels so at $6.00 per 30 Thats .20 per so lets just round up to $1.00. Hose I can get up to 3 wears per pair so at $3.00per pair that a $1.00. Foundation runs around $8.00 so lets just say I use
$.60 worth each time misc eyleliner, blush, lipstick, concealing powders, nail polish and remover....lets just go with a $1.00 per.......So that a total of $5.10 in consumables. Of course not including all the cloths, shoes, hair, undergarmets etc....

But since I put it on my Visa...........yup thats right.....it's PRICELESS!

Love to see your thoughts Girls!

Hugs!

Sandy

nvlady
10-03-2009, 11:13 PM
The famous Dolly Parton quote "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap".

Marissa
10-03-2009, 11:16 PM
The famous Dolly Parton quote "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap".

hmmm i'm so frugal, the cheaper the better :D

oh wait, your talking about cost to dress.. uhhh.. ok..

Hugs,

Barbara Jo
10-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah. you can spend a lot of money to be the woman of you dreams.

Speaking of Dolly Parton, She one said that if she was not born a woman she would probably be a drag queen.. This was in reference to how much she loves to get dress up, made up in her female finery.

allisonrn06
10-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Only 3 wearings per pair of hose? Most of mine have 20 plus wearings and are still going strong!!

Nicole Brown
10-04-2009, 07:05 AM
To be honest, Sandy's estimate may be a little on the low side for me, but I really don't care. People spend a lot more of their money on hobbies, sporting events and frivolous spending. The average person doesn't even know what they spend their money on, just ask the average person what they spent money on in the past week and most cannot account for all of it. I know I fit into that category especially when in drab mode.

So I don't worry about what I spend to make myself look pretty. I spend within my limits and enjoy the results.

Nicole

Fab Karen
10-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Assess the cost of each, THEN say:
Looking like a fabulous woman: PRICELESS

Bobbie Bee
10-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but who cares about the money? It's all about how you feel, right? When I dress fem, I feel great and most times, I feel sexy$$$$$ Hugs.

SandyR
10-04-2009, 09:41 AM
I agree it's not about the money, its about the feeling! Always money well spent!

Hugs!

Sara Jessica
10-04-2009, 09:45 AM
It just seems waaaay tooooo logical to categorize things in this way. Now pardon me while I go out and buy something!!!