PDA

View Full Version : Androgynous look

zora
10-04-2009, 03:52 AM
I want to move from male (not that im really blokey) to more androgynous look, i have started growing my hair. Just want to get some ideas from you lovely ladies on how to get the androgynous look gradually?

Thanks in advance :)

Miss Anthropic
10-04-2009, 04:46 AM
I've had an androgynous look on and off for years and surprisingly I can't think of much advice to give! I think one thing that goes a long way to femme up your appearance is taking care of your skin. Wash and moisturize you face daily. Staying very clean shaven helps of course too. As far as clothing goes, I always like kinda gender neutral looking stuff; guys jeans that have a similar wash to girls jeans, ect. You can always add in some light eye makeup too if you wanted. I sometimes do a very slight bit of eyeliner if I'm feeling spunky.

I'm not sure I started being kinda androgynous intentionally, just started to select clothes that I liked, which usually are a little more femme I guess.

I think the best description of my style/look or whatever would be "Tomboy" It seems to bother some people, but that can be entertaining at times.

zora
10-04-2009, 05:52 AM
I've had an androgynous look on and off for years and surprisingly I can't think of much advice to give! I think one thing that goes a long way to femme up your appearance is taking care of your skin. Wash and moisturize you face daily. Staying very clean shaven helps of course too. As far as clothing goes, I always like kinda gender neutral looking stuff; guys jeans that have a similar wash to girls jeans, ect. You can always add in some light eye makeup too if you wanted. I sometimes do a very slight bit of eyeliner if I'm feeling spunky.

I'm not sure I started being kinda androgynous intentionally, just started to select clothes that I liked, which usually are a little more femme I guess.

I think the best description of my style/look or whatever would be "Tomboy" It seems to bother some people, but that can be entertaining at times.

Thanks for the tips Miss Anthropic, i have just started taking care of my skin.. changing my wardrobe to gender neutral stuff too. Not sure if id got out with makeup yet...but would love to in the future :)

Nicole Brown
10-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi Zora,

Yes, take very good care of your skin, all of your skin. Don't stop at just washing and moisturizing you face, take care of the rest of your skin also. Use lotion on your arms and legs to achieve and maintain a smooth and silky look and feel.

Beyond this I cannot really provide you with any ideas. When I am presenting as Nicole, I am fully en fem. It is very rare that I am not in a skirt and blouse and a dress. I only wear jeans or pants when I go shopping at the outlet malls on a Saturday or Sunday morning. I spend the vast majority of my Nicole time in heels and only wear flats when I wear jeans or pants.

Going out fully dressed is the most exciting and enjoyable activity that I can think of. In fact, when given the choice of going out as Nicole or in drab, Nicole wins out every time.

Nicole

SweetCaroline
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
When I'm femme, I'm fully femme, but as a guy, I tend to get mistaken for a female A LOT, which mean I must be androgynous.

I agree, having long hair as a man helps. Wearing earrings all the time can add to that as well. As for clothing, try wearing denim, Hawaiian shirts, boots and other gender nuetural or borderline "colorful" clothing. I hate really bland clothes, so I try avoiding them at all costs. As of now, I can't dress fully femme in my day to day life, so little touches like these make presenting as a male a little more bearible.

zora
10-04-2009, 09:31 AM
When I'm femme, I'm fully femme, but as a guy, I tend to get mistaken for a female A LOT, which mean I must be androgynous.

I agree, having long hair as a man helps. Wearing earrings all the time can add to that as well. As for clothing, try wearing denim, Hawaiian shirts, boots and other gender nuetural or borderline "colorful" clothing. I hate really bland clothes, so I try avoiding them at all costs. As of now, I can't dress fully femme in my day to day life, so little touches like these make presenting as a male a little more bearible.

you must be gifted to be mistaken for a girl, wish i was (im working on it ) thanks for the tips sweet caroline :)

zora
10-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi Zora,

Yes, take very good care of your skin, all of your skin. Don't stop at just washing and moisturizing you face, take care of the rest of your skin also. Use lotion on your arms and legs to achieve and maintain a smooth and silky look and feel.

Beyond this I cannot really provide you with any ideas. When I am presenting as Nicole, I am fully en fem. It is very rare that I am not in a skirt and blouse and a dress. I only wear jeans or pants when I go shopping at the outlet malls on a Saturday or Sunday morning. I spend the vast majority of my Nicole time in heels and only wear flats when I wear jeans or pants.

Going out fully dressed is the most exciting and enjoyable activity that I can think of. In fact, when given the choice of going out as Nicole or in drab, Nicole wins out every time.

Nicole

Thanks for the tips Nicole, i dont go out en fem, but would love to get the androgynous look so it doesnt matter if im dressed in jeans or a skirt :)

Sara82
10-04-2009, 10:12 AM
heya zora.

I've been wearing a woman's scarf alot (the one if my avatar pic). It's doesn't scream feminine to me, but its borderline. They are a nice touch.

As far as colors, there are certain ones that I still avoid like pink,fuschia, but I love dark purple, blue, red. They are colorful enough to get you away from standard guy colors, but not too over the top. I'm sure there are others that work.

Hinata
10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Julia, what about yellow?

Zora, nice to meet you. I know what you mean when you want to go andro. I am trying a few things myself, long hair , longish nails (longer than a guy would have), woman's jeans when I can find them(just the plain ones). And I agree about the lotion, it's wonderful to have soft skin. Oh, don't forget about maintaining the brows,plucked, yet boarderline guy/fem.

:2c:
Hinata