PDA

View Full Version : Laundry

playfullprincess
10-04-2009, 07:12 AM
This is a question addressed more towards those of us in the closet so to speak, and living with other people.

How often do you get to launder your favourite clothes, and do you have any "special" strategies so as they arent found in a washing machine/dryer/on a line by a housemate/parent or whomever.

Nicole Brown
10-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Well, I don't totally meet you target group as I am not in the closet, just have an absolutely unaccepting wife. I do however work from home and she does not, so when I need to wash Nicole's clothing, I simply begin right after she leaves the house and finish before she returns. Years ago I use to take the clothing to a laundromat and have them wash the clothing for me. It was a little embarrassing, but was the best solution at the time.

When my clothing needs to be taken to the cleaner, I now just take them to a cleaner a little further from home and one that I know my wife doesn't use. I enter the cleaner as Nicole, provide my name as Nicole Brown and provide my cell phone number for contact information.

Nicole

sherri52
10-04-2009, 07:49 AM
When I was in the closet and my wife didn't except, I would do my laundry late at night or very early in the morning. I sleep very little and always got away with it. I did do all of my laundry though just in case she did get up. Now I live alone and it is much easier.

shawn123
10-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I generally hand-wash lingerie anyway. I think it lasts longer that way. So when I have a few pieces in need of being done I fill a bucket with warm water and add some detergent, then agitate with my hand. A clean toothbrush works wonders on any heavy dirt deposits (how did I manage to sauce on my bra?). Then rinse well, and hang to dry.

If I have larger items to do, I just collect the rest of our laundry and start doing a load. Hard to argue with someone who says 'looks like there was some laundry that needed doing, so I started it'.

Cary
10-04-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm in the closet and I live along, so it's not a real issue for me. I just go to the laundrymat and hand wash when I need to wash. Eventhough we have a washer & dryer in the building where I live, I prefer that the people around me not to know that I dress in women's clothes.

Karren H
10-04-2009, 09:59 AM
My wife isn't a big fan of my hobby so I either do my laundry in the hotel laundry room or just one of the local laundrymatts.. I'm usuallt the only guy there and definately the only guy folding panties and bras and pink things! Lol. And chatting with the other women there is an added bonus!!

Daintre
10-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Living in an apartment with many others my biggest concern is the theft of quality undies. You have to time the washer cycle and the dryer one as well in order to be there when the laundry is ready. I have lost my share of clothing and I don't think the machine "ate it"

PretzelGirl
10-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I am completely open with my wife, so into the hamper with all the regular cloths. The lingerie gets done when no one is around so she doesn't have to deal with it laid out to dry.

Michelle_CD
10-04-2009, 03:16 PM
My gf does the laundry over at her moms house. Sometimes when the laundry is done her mom will pull it out and fold it. She usually just stacks the panties for my gf to fold but occasionally she will seperate them into small and medium stacks. I have no idea if she has ever noticed that there are no guys underwear in our laundry. If she has she has never mentioned it. If I ever needed something else washed I would just do it myself.

Frédérique
10-04-2009, 08:57 PM
How often do you get to launder your favourite clothes, and do you have any "special" strategies so as they arent found in a washing machine/dryer/on a line by a housemate/parent or whomever.

I live with my sister --- she has the downstairs and I have the upstairs, where the washing machine and dryer happen to be (in fact, I own them!). I can wash my precious girly stuff any time of the day or night, so it’s easy to maintain my secretive side. When my sister washes her things upstairs, I help her by carrying the basket and handling all washer/dryer exchanges – we get along well, so it’s the least I can do. When she makes the journey upstairs to Freddy’s world, I put many things just out of sight – not only female clothing, but also any artwork I’m working on at the time.

Jenniferpl
10-04-2009, 09:03 PM
My wife is supportive so laundry is easy to deal with. Depends on how often I wear something as to how often it is washed. Some items are done weekly and some are done monthly.

Chloe Renee
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM
The easiest way is to kick the door of the closet open. However, if that is a little too much at this time there are some good tips already listed here. One that wasn't mentioned is, use mesh bags these keep your stash together, and prevents damage. Plus they are cheap $2 or less. Bras and panties in one hose and lace in another two mesh bags with zippers iseasier to keep track of than a half dozen panties and three bras. Couple that with a laundry mat and or strategic timing and your set.

However being "out " can be fun.. My sister was going thru the laundry when she lived with us , wife and I, she grabbed a thong and headed off to the shower. There was a shriek from the bath when she realized it wasn't hers. My loving wife had to "talk her down" and ask her why did she take her brother's underware.

Electra
10-05-2009, 03:51 AM
I live alone, so it's not a big deal for me unless I have guests staying with me when I have to refrain from wearing skirts or dresses and the laundry problem is diminished to that extent but I save underwear washing to the time until alone again as I have sufficient quantity of knickers and panties to last several weeks while changing every day. When alone, I hand-wash nylon, silk and polyester knickers/panties as well as nighties, slips and stockings but put blouses, skirts and dresses in the washing machine.

erickka
10-05-2009, 06:07 AM
My s/o is also intolerant of my dressing, so when she works weekends, that's Erickka's laundry time.