PDA

View Full Version : Telling Others

AKAMichelle
10-04-2009, 11:34 AM
A post by Lorileah yesterday got me thinking about how much we hide ourselves from others. We tell wild lies to cover up the truth. The truth is we are crossdressers.

So yesterday I was faced with one of those opportunities. I could lie, dodge the story multiple times until it went away or just tell the truth. Granted this was just a person working at the dry cleaners, but she has known me for some time. I was standing there thinking about the post and I just said it. I am a crossdresser.

She immediately told me that her uncle was a crossdresser. She thought it was cool. Then she asked for pictures. I don't carry any for obvious reasons, but went home and returned some time later with pictures. I showed her pictures of myself and she had to agree that I so-so pass. At night I do much better. <VBG> I also showed her pictures of other crossdressers while dressed and she was blown away. I introduced them as a friend of mine that I play golf with or one of my good friends. Then after she looked at the pictures, I let her know they were crossdressers. To my surprise she even told me to come in dressed to see her.

She had no idea that a crossdresser could look like a woman. She thought it was impossible, but there was the proof. She still questions me about some of the pictures.

I chose to just tell the truth and it was a relief.

Teri Jean
10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Michelle, congratulations. It is freeing to have someone to talk with that is not a CD/TG and have them enthusiactic and accepting. Many people that I have come out to have been accepting. Just remember that if one knows there is the possibility for more. Law of averages and possibility of slips.

Huggs Teri

Bobbie Bee
10-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Wow, that's amazing, but my guess is that she is more an exception to the rule. Many more people seem to look at CD's, etc. as abnormal. Otherwise, why would we hide our passion. It would be tough for me to tell someone about this.

DianneRoberts
10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
She said you so-so pass, I find that hard to believe !
From your avatar, no offense, but
you look like a plastic duck.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Just joking
Of course.
Very lucky, you.

Now you HAVE to go there dressed to the nines !

AKAMichelle
10-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow, that's amazing, but my guess is that she is more an exception to the rule. Many more people seem to look at CD's, etc. as abnormal. Otherwise, why would we hide our passion. It would be tough for me to tell someone about this.

This is where it really gets interesting. Everyone on here talks about how hard it is to meet accepting women. I have told 6 women including my wife. Only my wife doesn't accept me.

My wife and I were separated for a year and during that time I dated a little. 2 women is just a little. I told both of them and they accepted. The first one not so much. The second one went out with me more as Michelle than in drab. We took trips together with me completely dressed. We went out to dinner and see movies with me as Michelle. We went shopping together and we went to a halloween party together. I even met her mother as Michelle. Now granted her mother was a little old and not completely with it, but I did it. We are still close friends.

My experience has been 5 accepting and 1 not. I guess I have a nack for convincing them that I'm not a freak and still worth hanging out with. I seem to think that depending upon how you approach it determines the outcome. I hid it from my wife for 24 years. That is the reason for the poor response. I don't think she would have accepted anyway. Hiding yourself from someone is what triggers most of the bad responses. You are who you are. So why hide?

Miranda09
10-04-2009, 04:30 PM
A nice and unexpected experience for you Michelle. Glad to see you summoned up the courage to open that door. Thanks for sharing. :)

Philipa Jane
10-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi Michelle
I have almost had the courage to spill the beans at the beauty salon.
I have had two different girls (from South Africa) wax my legs and both times the conversation has skirted around men who use the salons.
My biggest reservation on saying more to them is that the salon is in the local gym that I use.
I could not be certain of who else would know in the future.
Perhaps I should change the salon or gym.
Good luck to you for being able to tell someone outside you circle of friends.

sherri52
10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Michele: I find that women are more likely to be accepting than men. Good story. Did you ever go in dressed?

AKAMichelle
10-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Michele: I find that women are more likely to be accepting than men. Good story. Did you ever go in dressed?

Not yet. I did tell one woman several months back that knows my wife and I. She works in the perfume counter at a department store near us. I told her one day that I was a crossdresser and a few days later went to the mall dressed. My wife still to this day has no idea that I went to the mall dressed and more importantly saw this woman at the mall.

Lorileah
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
That is wonderful Michelle. I am happy to have been a small part of this adventure. I too have found that the majority of people I see either think "ok so what?" or "Wow! can I see you (or a photo)?" I carry photos for that reason ( I forget to refill my business cards which would be smarter to carry because at least people would pay to see me in that capacity). Strange thing is sometimes I get my business card back... but no one has ever returned my photo.

PS I really have to get back into full dressing so that someday we can meet at BJ's or something. Note to self, practice make up again ;)