PDA

View Full Version : Collected comments

kay2
10-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I sometimes wear skirts in public with hose, flats, a scarf, and a bit of jewelry. I match my t-shirt or top to the skirt. Sometimes I wear boots with a heel. I never wear forms, a wig, or makeup. I got a nice comment recently:

"Some of us girls were talking about you. We really like that when you wear a skirt you wear something that goes with it. I just thought you should know it is appreciated."

Other comments from my collection:

2 young girls simultaneously
#1: "Skirts are for ladies"
#2: "Cooool"

Middle aged woman: "I've been trying to get my husband to wear a skirt for years."

Man at next urinal: "I wish I had the guts to wear a skirt."

Man at pot luck dinner: "I don't have the courage to wear my skirts outside of the house."

I overheard two women talking about a man wearing a Utilikilt: "If he's going to wear a skirt at least he could wear one that was pretty."

Woman on a date: "I had to think if I was okay being with a guy that wore skirts." (She had earlier told me that she loves to wear men's suits.)

Woman on a date: "I'm worried you might be interested in men." (She had already told me that she is bisexual.)

A woman friend told me that two men we know asked her if I am transitioning. When she told them that I was not, they wondered what my dressing was about. But, then they said that they really liked my style, and wanted to try it.

Kathi Lake
10-05-2009, 01:30 PM
So, for the most part, you are accepted when you dress this way. That is so cool!

I like the comment from the girl who appreciated your sense of style. Many men just don't have one - especially for what scarf to wear with which skirt.:)

Kathi

CDgirlfriend
10-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Being a girl, I have to be honest and say that if I saw a straight man wearing a skirt on the street I would find it too weird. Or maybe I would just assume he is gay. Either way, kudos to you for being so fierce!

sissystephanie
10-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I have been going out dressed efemme, sans makeup or a wig, ever since my wife passed away 4 years ago. Prior to that, I usually went out really looking like Stephanie, thanks to my late wife's skill with makeup and my wig!

In the past 4 years I have heard a lot of comments similar to yours. What is amazing, at least to me, is that I have never had any kind of negative comment made, from either men or women!! I have also received many compliments on my outfits, usually from women, but sometimes from a man! My dear wife was a good teacher in that regard, she had very good taste in clothes! I do put my outfits together before I put them on, so as to make sure they go well together! I actually enjoy being a very girly man out in public!!

christinek
10-05-2009, 01:44 PM
That is awesome, you go girl. Nice on the courage too.

Took me allot of years but dear friends are eroding my walls and we have been our and about and it has been surprisingly good, a trip to Waffle House, Mall, make over at Dillards, Wal-Mart. All with amazing acceptance and encouragement.

Karren H
10-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I must be doing something very wrong because when out enfemme I get like no comments positive or negatively except "cash or credit". Or "paper or plastic". Lol. I get some comments when shopping in drab... "Nice dress, sir, your wife will love it". Sigh..

kay2
10-05-2009, 04:09 PM
I must be doing something very wrong because when out enfemme I get like no comments positive or negatively except "cash or credit".

That's just because you look so great that women are jealous :)

kay2
10-05-2009, 04:14 PM
What I find strange are the comments from the men who were a bit critical, but also said they'd like to try it. Or the woman who was afraid I was bi even though she was bi.

Karren H
10-05-2009, 04:54 PM
That's just because you look so great that women are jealous :)

I wish!! lol But your too sweet to say that!! :)

AllieSF
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I congratulate you and all others who go out dressed partially dressed. It takes courage to do that. However, yours and their confidence and results just goes to show us that we can be oursleves, and in the end, should be oursleves! Thanks for sharing.

Jamie001
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
It is important not to forget that the perception that society has that all men who crossdress are GAY is incorrect. In fact, most crossdressers are heterosexual and most GAY people do not crossdress.

Being a girl, I have to be honest and say that if I saw a straight man wearing a skirt on the street I would find it too weird. Or maybe I would just assume he is gay. Either way, kudos to you for being so fierce!

sherri52
10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
It takes alot of courage to go out enfemme for the first time. You've just gotten the Medal of Honor for cd'ers. Good going girl

CDgirlfriend
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
It is important not to forget that the perception that society has that all men who crossdress are GAY is incorrect. In fact, most crossdressers are heterosexual and most GAY people do not crossdress.

I had that perception myself, before I met a crossdresser. It's amazing how narrow minded we could be when we don't really know something.

Ralph
10-06-2009, 10:31 AM
That was fantastic, kay2. Thanks for posting this! I also was amused at how many of the men confided that they are / would like to be crossdressers too.