PDA

View Full Version : Never been out dressed

Edika Michelle
10-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I have an appointment at a Beauty School this week. I'm having make up applied mani and pedi. Not sure if I should go in drab or go dressed En Femme. I have never dressed outside the house, except when I had a make-over session last year. This is different in that this is a public place open to cliental. The lady said that because it will take some time I will have to go out and put more change in the parking meter. I need encouragement.

Nicole Brown
10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Edika,

Do it, get yourself dressed in your best, most beautiful outfit and go the the appointment en fem. The feeling that you will experience will be totally unbelievable. And then just imagine walking out of the beauty school all made up and in a beautiful outfit looking fabulous. Do it..

Nicole

Kathi Lake
10-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I second Nicole - do it, hon! You can do it, trust us.

Kathi

AllieSF
10-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Edika,

If you have already been out dressed for a makeover, I think that you can safely do this too. However, considering that from what you have said that you have only been out once before, I would say that you should just trust your own feelings and go dressed or en drab based on how you feel at that moment. A good experience will advance you down the road to increased confidence and the desire to go out dressed more. A bad experience, may slow that process down cosiderably. Good luck and please let us know how you go and how it goes.

xout101
10-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Definitely do it. The sooner you go out to the salon wearing your thrills, the sooner you can do it somewhere else too.

sherri52
10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
How do you feel about being out with nails done and fresh makeup while your in drab? Now you get it. Go dressed, Nicole hit it on the head. The feeling you will get in femme with a new make over and walking done the street is heaven. Doesn't matter if you pass The way you feel overcomes all worries and cares.

deja true
10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
There's always a middle way, hun!

Wear gender neutral casual clothes, maybe underdressed!

Carry your wig and maybe some accessories and a purse with you. As the makeover progresses, put your wig on and the accessories. 'Cos, darlin', once your'e made up, and the hair goes on, you are a new person... You may be the person you've been looking for all this time.

And, Edika, you do not wanna miss that first marvelous minute when you see it all come together!

;)

Deborah Jane
10-05-2009, 06:42 PM
How do you feel about being out with nails done and fresh makeup while your in drab?

My thought exactly

You've got to go dressed Edika, that way when your makeover is completed you can truly appreciate how you look. Going in drab would be so wrong on so many levels!!

sissystephanie
10-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I certainly agree with the others on here! If you are getting a makeup makeover amd a manicure/pedicure, why in world would you do so in "Drab?" You are going to look like the lady you obviously want to be, so dress like it. You will feel wonderful when you walk out of there! How about some pictures, before and after?

I get a manicure/pedicure every two weeks, and always go dressed enfemme. However, I am never trying to pass since I don't wear a wig or have makeup on. I still have fun, and all the ladies, both techs and customers, at the salon treat me like one of the girls!!:heehee:

trannie T
10-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Go in drab so you can have something to regret for several years.

Edika Michelle
10-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Thank you for all your thoughts. What I failed to say also is that I am married but wife does not approve, nad kind of put it away in her mind. When I told her 11 months ago she said she did not want to see it, and thinks it will go away. I told her it does not, and that I will have to do what I need without her knowing. I will be taking a personal day on wednesday to do this. So I cannot leave all dressed. but will remove everything. But will enjoy the moment. Thank ladies. I will post on thursday.

Edika Michelle
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Well in preperation for tommorow, I wemt out to Lane Braynt and bought a new bra, 44b maximizer. The sales girl was very supportive. She put extra air pillows in the bra. I also picked up faux eye lashes. I think I may take a walk outside when all done. Of course it may be raining. Northampton MA is a very outgoing city, so it will be easy. Thanks for the support.

boardpuppy
10-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Edika,
Let me reenforce all the good, sound advice to go dressed. You will miss all those warm feeling, feeling so cute and girlie. And pictures are essential to help remember this first wonder day.

Hugs,
Alice

Kimmy55
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
I second Nicole - do it, hon! You can do it, trust us.

Kathi

Ditto here:battingeyelashes:

Kathi Lake
10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Well in preparation for tommorow, I went out to Lane Bryant and bought a new bra, 44b maximizer.OK. Number one, did you mean a minimizer bra? The only maximizer bra I know of are the water/gel/WonderBra-type things.
The sales girl was very supportive.Please tell me that when you said that the bra sales girl was supportive that you were making a pun. Please? :)

:lol:

Kathi

Daphne Renee
10-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Do what you think is best. It may be more fun to go out dressed. However waiting till after the makeup is on would be great too.
Just make sure you enjoy yourself either way.

tamarav
10-06-2009, 11:57 PM
When I was in beauty school we loved to have CDs come in, but it worked a lot better if they were dressed. Even wearing a bit of makeup is ok, let the students go to town. You never know, you may learn some really cool techniques..

Tami