PDA

View Full Version : Update of transition

Teri Jean
10-05-2009, 06:22 PM
For everyone,
Today was the first day of work for Teri and to say this was anything but remarkable would be an injustice. For all who whether they are CDers or contemplating transitioning the support and advice from all here is so invaluable. Your kind words of encouragement, advice and friendships are so valuable for each of us, not just myself.

We each have our journey before us and really no one can tell us what and where we should be but the help we get from others is so important. The humor some bring to the table, Karren, has given us a balance as to what we can do and the experiances of those, Kimberly, gives us the courage to get out and explore. But it is still our journey and we alone have to set the pace.

Now a little about today. I had a wonderful weekend which really set the mood for me today. I had been invited to a costume party with a CDers club in Des Moines Iowa and to get ready I set up an appointment for a make over at Herbergers in Mankato MN. The drive to the party was a 4 1/2 hr trip south so I had the make over in the morning on Saturday. As soon as I was done I hit the road to a wonderful if not late night of fun and friendship with a number of wonderful ladies who welcomed me with open arms. When I finally got home at 2:30am Sunday I was drained but glowing from the great time.

This morning with this still fresh in my mind I dressed for work as a maintenance worker, building repair, at the unviversity I have worked for the last 26 yrs. I walked in to the shop and started the coffee that carried me through the day. From that point it just got better. Co-workers, department staffers and administrators came in to say hi, check out the new girl, and give me their requests for work orders. Ugggggggg I have to work? LOL But the response was so great. One of the coaches came in and to say the least the hugs and smiles broke me up, crap here it goes again, tissues, okay. She wanted to get a picture of the two of us together so my supervisor who had stopped in helped out. Why does she have to be married, damn. But as the day wore on the high was slowly receding but the smile had not.

So when I got home and started supper my sister-in-law stopped in to see how my day went. Helen brought a couple coffees and sat with me to hear the days activities as she was concerned all day. If one thinks of all the mile stones in our lives there are those that will remain forever in our memories. Whether it is the first time you wear a pair of panties to work or get your ears pierced or whatever we do as we push our limits and comfort these moments are precious to each of us.

So after this longer post than I have in the past, I want to thank each of you for the wonderful help, laughter and huge huggs to you all. :love::love: :hugs::hugs::hugs: and now:drink::drink::drink::D

Teri

Teri Jean
10-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I forgot to mention but the make over was done in a public setting with a renaissance wench dress and shoes on. The party was a costume party. LWROTF The looks from the customers was priceless as one was a co-worker.

Teri

pattyv
10-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Teri-wow-what a fabulous day you had. Yes today is a pivotal day in Teri's journey.I am jealous of your courage, and your friends at work.You are blessed.

sherri52
10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Terri that's great. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. It's nice to hear some good stories when our days end and I'm thankful I got to hear yours.

Nicole Brown
10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Teri,

Your days sound so wonderful that I am almost tearing up from your description. I am so happy for you and for the simple fact that you sound really, really happy with you life. Enjoy it, live it to the fullest and make the most out of every day.

Nicole

Sarah Doepner
10-05-2009, 07:05 PM
That's all good news Teri. I hope it continues just that well. I just wonder how many "doubters" will come in and somehow expect that your job skills have disappeared because of your changed apperance. Fie on them and Best of Luck the rest of the way!

Marcia Blue
10-05-2009, 09:43 PM
I am so glad to hear your day went so well. Keep your chin-up girl.

Teri Jean
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Thank you everyone, and Sarah I did loose a lot of my skills as when the blond wig goes on I'm dumb as a box of rocks. LOL, sorry my blond joke, but is funny. Some people think you are a whole new person but the relationships I have built over the last 26yrs has been beneficial but there will be those who cannot get past the change. For that, don't make it your crutch, it's theirs. You all are so wonderful, so have a great night because I'm going to sleep like a baby.

Teri with huggs

boardpuppy
10-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi Terri,
All of us girls are so jealous of the great week end party you enjoyed and then to top it off with that oh so wonderful Monday morning first cup of coffee. Enjoy, enjoy the first cup of coffee will wear off in just a few hours.

Hugs,
Alice

SherriePall
10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Teri -- I'm glad to hear all went well the first day at work.