PDA

View Full Version : Intergender

Byllie
10-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Before I dip into the meat of this posting, I'd like to say how much I've appreciated hearing all of the stories each of you has shared on this forum. Whether or not they precisely match where I am, they have given me the courage to move forward, to acknowledge who and what I am.

I have never felt comfortable calling myself a male. I don't enjoy sports; I'd rather be cooking or writing poetry. But I also have never seen myself as female either. I really can't stand pink, and dressing to the nines is not on my top ten list.

So, after much researching, I've learned to consider myself Intergender, or Gender Neutral. That is, I see elements of both male and female in the way I dress and behave, and am very comfortable with this view. But what I miss is a discussion of Intergender issues on this forum.

So I ask, are there any out there who see themselves as I do myself? Do any of you consider yourself to be Intergender? And, if so, can we begin discussions on this forum? If we can start these discussions, it will only enhance the forum as a home for all transgendered folk. Maybe we could even have our own section of the forum. (hint)

Byllie/Bill

sherri52
10-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Hi Billie: I don't know exactly what catagory I fit under. I do like to dress to the nines. Every day I have on panties, nail polish, mascara and sometimes even prefume. However, I don't watch sports although I will play them. I like to be mr fix it around the house. Today I climbed a 50 ft tree and cut it down in pieces so I wouldn't hit the power lines. I don't want to lose those traights and yet I really don't want to be a man in the macho way. I enjoy dressing like a woman and acting like a woman but I still have qualities of a man that I'm keeping. You tell me, what does that make me?

Byllie
10-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Billie: I don't know exactly what catagory I fit under. I do like to dress to the nines. Every day I have on panties, nail polish, mascara and sometimes even prefume. However, I don't watch sports although I will play them. I like to be mr fix it around the house. Today I climbed a 50 ft tree and cut it down in pieces so I wouldn't hit the power lines. I don't want to lose those traights and yet I really don't want to be a man in the macho way. I enjoy dressing like a woman and acting like a woman but I still have qualities of a man that I'm keeping. You tell me, what does that make me?

Somewhere in the spectrum, closer to a more purer form of crossdressing. So I ask, Do you want to look like a woman? Or do you simply enjoying wearing feminine clothing?

cd_jamie
10-05-2009, 08:53 PM
dont ask me where i fall into things. I have never been a sports fan. I cook, sew, do contruction work, drive a tractor trailer and chew copenhagen. i would never pass as a female without a wig (big bald spot). have never felt totally male either. according to the one online test i fall into the androgene catagory

Kate Simmons
10-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Somewhere in the spectrum, closer to a more purer form of crossdressing. So I ask, Do you want to look like a woman? Or do you simply enjoying wearing feminine clothing?My reasons were more like a means to an end, getting in touch with ALL of my feelings and making them my own, and not being ashamed or afraid of them. I do not fit the "typical" definition of a crossdresser in that respect as it was more about me being free to be me and gender being the least of it really.:)

sissystephanie
10-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Byllie, using your definition I am certainly Not Intergender! I am a man, who really likes to wear feminine clothing! No desire to be a woman, or even to look like one with makeup and a wig. Used to do that, when my wife was alive and did my makeup and wig. Now that she is gone, I just wear the feminine clothes. At home or out in public, I am enfemme most of the time!

I consider myself to be a true Crossdresser, and nothing more. My tag line says it all!

Teri Jean
10-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Billie, the one thing I have learned in my journey is we are all different and with that there is no one place you have to be. You just need to be yourself and feel good where you are. So saying that if you like to dress part time and be the man when you are not so be it. So be all you want and don't worry if you don't fit with someone else for you are Billie and that is beautiful.

Huggs Teri

Rachel Morley
10-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi Byllie,

In my mind I think I am very similar to you (only similar because I love pink! :) LOL!). No, but seriously, I really do not at all like thinking that I am perhaps a "man". Eek! I hate saying that! I really don't like being called the "M word" and the thought that I am one really grinds with me. However, I do not consider myself truly as female either (although in another time and another place I'd love to be one) I think my brain sex is very much somewhere either in the middle or perhaps toward the feminine side of the scale. My wife thinks I might be "genderqueer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer)" which is pretty much the same as intergender. People who identify as genderqueer may think of themselves as being both man and woman, as being neither man nor woman, or as falling completely outside the gender binary. I think of myself as a feminine genetic male .... not a "man". I know that this is all about how I perceive men and so want to distance myself from them as much as possible as I can't relate to any men I know (including, believe it or not, some CDers).

I really don't mind people referring to me as "female" (in the sense that they use a feminine pronoun) and I dress to try to pass as a female often ... but no matter how I am dressed, the biggest insult you can say to me is to call me a man!

Hugs
Rachel

Ann Thomas
10-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I don;t really what label to slap on myself, but I've kind of warmed to being called Transgendered. Like you I have alot of traits of both sexes, and don't want to do a sex change operation. I would like to grow breasts naturally (not really interested in implants). I would like to be dressed all the time as female, but am resigned to wear male out right now due to the recent move to behind the Orange Curtain (lol!) I love pink and other soft colors, but am drawn to blues and teals as well.

I guess it's up to you to figure out how a label might fit.

I've only met in person two Trans people in my life.

The first was a post-op transsexual, and although she seemed a very nice person, I just didn't seem to be like her. I knew just by meeting her that this wasn't the road I would take. (Not in any way judging her - I was looking at her with a view of seeing if I could see myself there in years to come.)

The second person was a Transvestite. It was Eddie Izzard I met about two years ago. We chatted for a bit about how he was able to portray the character Doug Rich. He told me that for the part of Doug that was the father to a crossdressing child, he drew those aspects from his own father. It was very touching to me as he described to me how his father had raised him in a very supportive way. But still, even though I love Eddie and his standup, his boldness, and of course his crossdressing, in looking at him, I knew that wasn't me either. I'm not quite the same.

Finally I saw Stu Rasmussen on a CNN article about becoming mayor of a small town not far from me. I've emailed with Stu a few times since then, and I've watched all the videos I can find, and Stu's life resonated with me like none had before. I do hope to meet him some time, and see if that still holds true. Stu tends to be called Transgendered, hence why I feel more comfortable with that.

Be who you feel comfortable with. The labels aren't as important as who we are.

Hugs,
Ann

Diane Elizabeth
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I am not sure where I fall on the sliding scale yet. I do like to dress(though I don't fullyvery often). I like watching sports, though I am not a die-hard fan. I do play fantasy basball and have coached kids teams. I could never wrap my thoughts around me and the term "man". I like to do a bit of cooking and some handyman projects. Just not very talented at those "male" things. And I do like some shades of pink. DyLen

angpai30
10-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I just like wearing femenine clothing. I don't think I am ready to dress to the nines yet, but I would love to get to when I have a shopping partner to help me with my makeup and such!! I am just a man in a dress pretty much right now so what does that fall under?

Deborah Jane
10-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Hi Byllie, I don't consider myself specific to either gender, I am just myself, a mixture of male and female and completely unique
There are many labels we could apply to ourselves such as Intergender, Genderqueer, Gender Neutral, etc but at the end of the day each and everyone of us is an individual. I don't believe in the "one label fits all" philosphophy, because though we may appear to have many things in common with each other, each and every one of us is completely differant.

Just my :2c:

Jonianne
10-06-2009, 03:39 AM
I like the direction this thread took. I think it is neat to see each of our individualities on the gender scale and it's not even a linear scale. It's more inter-dimensional.

As a young child, by 8, I had decided I did not want to grow up to be a "man" like any of the male role models in my life. (Not that they were really bad or didn't love me, I just didn't like the male perspective at all.) Neither was I thinking I specifically wanted to be female, I just decided I was always going to be 8. My eighth birthday was a defining moment in my life.

Even though I was a male child, I wanted to be like my mom and grandmother, in the way they lived life. I always wanted to follow the female role models in my life.

I accept being male, I just want people to see and know me as a male who is very much like the female role models I chose for my life. I think my occasional crossdressing is a refelction of that. I started out at age 7 putting on my mothers dresses.

Crossdressing is just an extension of who I am.

JennyS.
10-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Reading all these posts.... I find myself wondering where I fit in. I love sports, played them all my life. Football, track, baseball, MA. I've never been a large man, but I played with heart. I love to watch sports, too... NFL, NBA, NASCAR, Golf. I too chew tobacco. I am confident in who I am as a man. Unlike others, I enjoy being a man. Always have. Then, there's this other side of me... I sometimes feel like a nurturing mother to my child. I love my shaved legs and wearing skirts and heels. If my child isn't here, I'll sit and watch an entire PGA championship or football game in a nighty and wig while drinking a cold brew and chewing tobacco. I enjoy putting on makeup and going out of the house and experiencing life as a woman (although not all of it has been good). I like the click-clack sound of my heels on the pavement, the breeze blowing my skirt against my freshly shaven legs. Like many others, I enjoy being a 'woman', too.
But, you know what? It really doesn't matter. I once asked my boss if I could change the title of my position to make it sound more 'dignified'. His response was: "Don't get hung up on titles, just focus your talents at the objective and you'll be fine." That piece of advice works in this area, too.

Byllie
10-06-2009, 06:40 AM
I too am enjoying the way this thread is going. It makes me feel quite good knowing there are like minded souls on the forum.

Rachel, we've talked before about how you and I are similar in our perspectives, both somewhere in the middle of the gender spectrum.

The initial few posts had me saying, Oh this is gonna be another thread about how I dress alot, but oh I'll never pass as a woman. But then the discussion shifted to what I was hoping for, an acknowledgment that we are all different in our lifestyles and needs.

I can't wait to see what else is discussed.

Byllie/Bill

Sarah Michelle
10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
..I worked for decades in an ultra-masculine career path. Cross-dressing was something that effeminate gays did and it was commonly and loudly derided. Now retired, I can dress in clothes that are comfortable on the exterior me and fit the interior me.
..I've done the same reading through stacks of peer-review journals to try and fit myself into a category with no real success. If I had the courage I would dress like a woman from head to toe, hair, make-up and nails and go out into the world but I don't. I have a wife and children and grand-children who would all be affected by any dramatic shift in appearance in the small town we all live in.
..I have been hyper-assertive to hide being submissive and compliant. Not sexually submissive, I just don't like conflict.
..I want to be a girl-friend to my wife and her collection of sisters. They are all so outrageously female.
..I don't have any male friends because I can't relate on any significant level so I engage in solitary activities.
..I'm not gay nor am I bi-sexual, been through all of that analysis.
I would absolutely kill [figuratively not literally for all the monitors out there] to be able to walk away from this life and begin again dressed as a woman but I'm pretty sure I don't want gender reassignment surgery.
..At least here there are other round pegs, some of whom have forced themselves upon the square world. I applaud you for your courage. You fight for yourselves but your victories will be shared by all of us.
oh yeah, apparently I over-analyse....

Byllie
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
oh yeah, apparently I over-analyse....
Don't we all! But it's in the self-analysis that we get to learn who we really are. So, I ask once again, who among you *wants* to dress in a combination of masculine and feminine clothing?

Ann Thomas
10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
For me I feel like I'm hiding something when I mix clothing, which I'm forced to do right now. I really enjoy being 100% female dressed when dressed that way. To me they don't feel like they mix well. But on the other hand I've not worn a dress or skirt in public, but enjoy capris the most. By some cultures and standards, I am mixing male and female by doing so, even though they are female capris.

I also don't like to wear wigs, so my hair's unisex at times - right now it's male due to my job hunting.

So, I guess in my mind I like to be all female, but to you I might appear mixed. It depends on perspective.

I feel like I'm a whole different person when I'm all female. I like that feeling. Maybe it's because I've fallen short of male standards in life - I don't know.

All I know is it's best to be me, because that's the way I am! :)

Hugs,
Ann

Metoo
10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
I toofeel there are so about me that do not fit a typical male pattern, but then I don't necessary feel that would be a good thing either. I feel I have a strong nurturing and sensitive side to me. I love taking care of babies and children and even don't mind changing diapers. I have 3 year old son and I am the person who does most of child caring. I alsol ike to watch sports, but have never been very good at any sport; never elt like fit into that world. I like pink and wish we as male could wear it without feeling will think we are strange or something. There is just much about me that does not fit into what is typically called male. When I was young i wanted a doll and my Mom bought, but you have herd my DAD. He just blow it at my Mom. I will never forgot that day.

NathalieX66
10-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I never felt pigeon-holed into any gender. "Oh, I'm a guy? This is what I'm supposed to do? Really? um...ok".

I accepted the body and have and it has worked out fine, I just adapt to the circumstances I was born with. My profession is peppered with females as much as males. I am neither this nor that...or maybe I'm both. , I am "me".....with an additional side. In my mind, there is no such thing as gender role. It doesn't matter whether you're Danica Patrick, or Margaret Thatcher, or Rudolf Nuryev, or the ordery (a male nurse) at your local hospital.

But the reality is that I see my relationships with other people as more imprtant than what I have in my pants. I must relate with them more than I need to express myself.

However I like the asthetics of womens' clothes and grooming, and therefore see gender as superficial. Clothing, and beauty is a human-created concept, and these things I am enamored with. I am willing to break the rules in order to participate.

sissystephanie
10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Don't we all! But it's in the self-analysis that we get to learn who we really are. So, I ask once again, who among you *wants* to dress in a combination of masculine and feminine clothing?

Byllie, as I said earlier, I am a man who loves to dress! And I do it as often as possible. My late wife knew from before we married, but we never told our children, or any other family members. I did tell my daughter this year, but she has never seen me fully dressed.

However, I am much more comfortable wearing panties so do wear them virtually all the time! Even when I am around family members. I also wear feminine tops (that aren't real lacy!) and/or ladies jeans around the family. So I do dress often in a combination of male and female clothing. But with no makeup and no wig, I always look like a male! And no one seems to notice the feminine clothing I may have on! Oh yes, I do go out in public like that too. But usually I am fully dressed, sans wig and makeup!!

BTW, I did run track and crosscountry all 4 years of High School and spent 4 years in the U.S. Navy during Korea! Definitely a male, with a funny clothing habit!!:heehee:

Miss Anthropic
10-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi Byllie,

In my mind I think I am very similar to you (only similar because I love pink! :) LOL!). No, but seriously, I really do not at all like thinking that I am perhaps a "man". Eek! I hate saying that! I really don't like being called the "M word" and the thought that I am one really grinds with me. However, I do not consider myself truly as female either (although in another time and another place I'd love to be one) I think my brain sex is very much somewhere either in the middle or perhaps toward the feminine side of the scale. My wife thinks I might be "genderqueer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer)" which is pretty much the same as intergender. People who identify as genderqueer may think of themselves as being both man and woman, as being neither man nor woman, or as falling completely outside the gender binary. I think of myself as a feminine genetic male .... not a "man". I know that this is all about how I perceive men and so want to distance myself from them as much as possible as I can't relate to any men I know (including, believe it or not, some CDers).

I really don't mind people referring to me as "female" (in the sense that they use a feminine pronoun) and I dress to try to pass as a female often ... but no matter how I am dressed, the biggest insult you can say to me is to call me a man!

Hugs
Rachel

I was going to write something, but you've pretty much summed it up for me Rachel!

Sometimes, most times, I'm offended by being called a man; sometimes being called by my male name bothers me. I often participate in largely male hobbies. I really hate most signs of maleness on my body but I'm quite happy with my equipment. I often pass for female in my daily life and enjoy it when I do. I'm totally happy with being the "man" in my relationship with my SO and am ok doing the "man" things around the house. I don't want to be a man but don't need to be a woman.

Man? Woman? Sissy? Tomboy?.......

I dunno what I'd call me other than "me". I'm pretty ok with being me.....sometimes. ;)

Byllie
10-07-2009, 12:33 PM
This discussion is starting to go where I'd hoped it would go. It seems that if the discussion goes on long enough, those of us who are not keen on passing as women, but simply wish to dress in a feminine manner, will come out of the woodwork.

It's interesting; if I dressed in frills and such, I'd be looked strangely at by many. But, if a woman dressed in beat up sweats, no one would get as bent out of shape. Sure, we'd see her as sloppy, and perhaps a jock, but that would be the end of it.

I look forward to the day when genetic males and females can dress as they wish, to satisfy some inner desire, as opposed to what is assumed for their sex (not gender).

Okay, let's keep talking!

Sarah Michelle
10-07-2009, 12:57 PM
To deal with Byllie's point then, I don't mix clothing. I want to be seen as and taken for a pretty woman. If and when I ever get out it will be as a complete visual package, not a blurring of the lines.
it is the beauty of the clothes and how they feel on me that draws me to them.
before this forum I was only vaguely aware of the cross-dressing spectrum and the examples I had seen were extreme.
Now I know there are others that aspire to pretty in business casual rather than party girl on the edge...
and yes it is frustrating that the sheep can so easily don the wolf's coat....
but the wolf cannot don the sheep's without being suspected of something evil..

Byllie
10-07-2009, 06:46 PM
To deal with Byllie's point then, I don't mix clothing. I want to be seen as and taken for a pretty woman.
And thus the frustration I find with discussions on this forum. Crossdressing is an action that is exhibited by a multitude of individuals for a multitude of reasons. Therefore, what it means to Sarah is not what it means to me.

So I ask the mighty pubbas who govern this forum, Can we have a separate Intergender section? Please!?

[alice]
10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I really couldn't tell you where I am. I'm not one for labels, but they do make it simpler when you want to explain the situation to someone.

If I could go back to when I was born and choose my gender, I'd pick female. Why? I suppose I just identify more with being feminine than masculine - which is odd, considering many of my hobbies.

For one, I'm a trained automotive technician. Rather, I would be, if I was truly interested in a career in the field. I went to school for cars out of an undying love for them, but it was more to fuel my knowledge and abilities than to really start a career. I'm a hobby mechanic, nothing more. I fix cars for friends and family, and am looking into a second car as a weekend project as we speak.

Take that, and the fact that I work in a well-known parts supply store in a bad neighborhood, and you'll see I'm surrounded by masculinity and general male influence all day long, every day of the week.

So why, then, am I so naturally femme in my demeanor and mannerisms? I honestly couldn't tell you. You'd think a person in my position would be scared literally straight.

But no. I'm a homosexual male who is strongly - very strongly - in to dressing casually femme and generally acting like a girl. Well, I use the term acting loosely, as for me, it isn't an act. It's just the way I am.

I stand with one hip cocked to the side, a hand planted on it. My hands are usually bent back at the wrists when I'm doing something, fingers daintily curled at the ready. I use my ring fingers to brush my hair behind my ear when it hangs in my face. When I need to catch up to someone or generally just speed walk, my elbows are bent, hands up at midriff height. I have a curve to my back that causes my butt to stick out. When I cross my arms, my hands cup their opposing elbows.

The list goes on and on. I really prefer to be referred to as a female, but in the end I don't really mind either way so long as you respect and accept who I am. I don't like to think of myself as a category, rather I like to think of myself as an identity.

I am Alice, or Ali to my friends. I try my best to be the most caring and understanding person I can be, but gender or hobby/lifestyle shouldn't be wrapped up in that.

We aren't whats, we are who's. Just my take on it. A wonderful thread, this. Thanks for starting it!:hugs:

Mona
10-07-2009, 09:10 PM
When I took the Cogati test I came out right in the middle and I suppose that describes me fairly well. I like some parts of my male self, my abilities in sports and technical stuff, and I love my feminine side that likes being soft and silly and sexual, and the most important thing to me, my music, seems to draw from both sides. I do wish we had a culture that allowed one to dress as they felt, sometimes male, sometimes female.

Ann Thomas
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Ok Byllie, I get your point, I guess I've felt that way too. I like to *dress* in all women's clothing, and make some attempts at makeup and hair style. But I don't do wigs, and I don't do voice work - I am who I am in that regards. So, I guess that makes in some ways mixed. I make absolutely no attempt to 'pass' and have no desire to. So I guess that means that in my focus I must be alot like you.

Are there enough people on here that fall into that category to warrant a forum just for that? I don't know - I'd almost rather be in where there's lots of activity. I don't mind being in with those that want to pass - I think it's great they try and I'm very impressed with the results. If a forum was created just for Intergender, I'd jump in, though, as well as post in other areas.

Hugs,
Ann

Byllie
10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Ok Byllie, I get your point, I guess I've felt that way too. I like to *dress* in all women's clothing, and make some attempts at makeup and hair style. But I don't do wigs, and I don't do voice work - I am who I am in that regards. So, I guess that makes in some ways mixed. I make absolutely no attempt to 'pass' and have no desire to. So I guess that means that in my focus I must be alot like you.

Are there enough people on here that fall into that category to warrant a forum just for that? I don't know - I'd almost rather be in where there's lots of activity. I don't mind being in with those that want to pass - I think it's great they try and I'm very impressed with the results. If a forum was created just for Intergender, I'd jump in, though, as well as post in other areas.

Hugs,
Ann
Ann, I understand where you're coming from, completely. My issue is that I see far too many posts about members attempting to truly pass, and not so many about simply being *in the middle*. Either these middle folk are too timid to post *or* they simply don't exist in enough numbers.

Byllie/Bill

Marcyme
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I never felt pigeon-holed into any gender. "Oh, I'm a guy? This is what I'm supposed to do? Really? um...ok".

I accepted the body and have and it has worked out fine, I just adapt to the circumstances I was born with. My profession is peppered with females as much as males. I am neither this nor that...or maybe I'm both. , I am "me".....with an additional side. In my mind, there is no such thing as gender role. It doesn't matter whether you're Danica Patrick, or Margaret Thatcher, or Rudolf Nuryev, or the ordery (a male nurse) at your local hospital.

But the reality is that I see my relationships with other people as more imprtant than what I have in my pants. I must relate with them more than I need to express myself.

However I like the asthetics of womens' clothes and grooming, and therefore see gender as superficial. Clothing, and beauty is a human-created concept, and these things I am enamored with. I am willing to break the rules in order to participate.

Wow that is the closest I have ever had anyone else to how I feel. But, I have felt society try to pigeon-hole me.
I am male, no matter the cloths, surgeries, or anything else, I am XY and will always be. Masculine and feminine are defined by society, NOT genetics. These definetions are fluid throughout history and societies.
I see myself as Me, and most people would describe me as both fem and mas. In certin environments I am a guy, in others I am one of the girls. All just parts of the whole. Call me a gender mashup :)
Thank you for this thread. I have not posted in a Loooong time because I feel a little out of place. It is nice to know others fall on the spectrum too. I would love to see a genderqueer/transgender section!!

sandra-leigh
10-08-2009, 11:32 PM
A number of months back, I sparked a lively discussion,

How do you know if you are transgendered or just CD? (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90652)

Note the "transgendered" in the title: it was definitely intended to be a thread about being in the "middle" (though a number of people did misread it as being about transsexual.)

Through the process of composing that thread, and reading and responding, I started to accept within myself the response that a number of people gave: that it isn't what you wear that really places you in the "gender spectrum": that when you find your place and have come to peace with it, your gender will be be something that you know. You won't need a reason for it; you won't need an excuse for it; and it will be with you whether you are dressed in men's golfing pants or in a ball gown.

However, at the time, I didn't know. I had feelings and tendencies, but no inner certainty.

The route by which I happened to gain inner certainty, I wouldn't wish on anyone. Leaving out the details, I had many months of very stressful and emotive relationship with my wife. Out of an internal sense of self-preservation, I built up an inner core of boundaries: a bulwark, a wall beyond which i would not be pushed. And the stronger that became, the more I came to know that whatever I am, I am not just a male, at least not as male is understood in our society. Not that I consider "male" an insult: it is just inaccurate when applied to me -- inaccurate enough that "hiding" my mixed nature from people feels like a lie that I can't keep telling. I yearn to be free of the burden of that lie -- to be able to openly wear what I feel like wearing (provided I'm not indecent) and have it accepted.

It is true that what I feel like wearing tends more to be women's clothes, but not necessarily blatantly feminine clothes. For example, I like wearing blouses; I already wear blouses to work some days -- but I'm not overly fond of blouses with ruffles even when fully Dressed (though I guess I would consider experimenting with ruffled blouses to see how I felt.)

Already I do a lot of "gender-bending" outside work -- wearing forms and a top that's more obviously a women's top, perhaps a skirt as well... but with no wig, a "natural-looking" lipstick, and just enough foundation to cover my beard shadow. A guy face with a skirt and a bust -- and I don't care if people think that a bust on a guy looks "weird" or "strange" or "faggish" or whatever. I've had very few negative reactions to being a guy with a natural-looking bust; I've had direct compliments, though; I've had women disbelieving that the bust wasn't real (most of them envious :o ) and I've had a surprising number of smiles flashed at me from mid-40's women.

I had my second session with a gender therapist today. One of the things she mentioned is that we don't define ourselves and then choose our clothes to match: that instead, we experiment and try a lot of different possibilities and find out what we are comfortable with, what feels right to us, and that it is through this process of experimentation and realization that we define ourselves.

The outcome of my gender therapy session today was confirmation that I'm probably pretty close to the label I've been using for myself: a non-polarized gender-fluid transgender person. But how close to androgynous I am is something we'll need to talk about more in later sessions.

gemsay32
10-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Are gender neutral bi-sexual?

Byllie
10-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Are gender neutral bi-sexual?
One's gender is distinct from one's sexual orientation which is distinct from one's biological sex. It's society that tries to make hard fast connections amongst them. Me? I'm probably more gender neutral, but definitely heterosexual.

Byllie/Bill