PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about shaving and friends...

CD Susie
10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Alright I've been faced with this over and over again.

I love the feeling of shaved legs, feet , and chest and I look so fem dressed up!.:daydreaming: I also love my hair too when I'm not dressed up. In fact I find my hair sexy and so does my SO when I'm just living life outside of all this CDing. The other thing is I go swimming at the beach, hang out with friends in a Jacuzzi, pool, wear shorts almost all the time for business and every day living.:sad:

The group of people I'm involved in will notice the legs and start drilling questions my way. I've already been considered a homosexual around them before. By the way I'm not. Thank goodness for my girlfriend or else I would keep hearing it. I have nothing against it. Just not me. The reason they think I'm a little on the gay side is because when they check out woman walking by us, I'll be the last to chime in. I do this because instead of checking out the body in itself, my first thoughts are...that outfit is cute or that outfit is ugly as heck! Sometimes I wish I could even be the girl walking by :heehee:.

I'm stuck in a spot I really have no idea what to do. I could shave during winter and turn down all invitations to dip in the pool or jacuzzi at friends. My hair takes awhile to grow back in full. I have a thick coat :heehee: What do you think? What are some of your experiences?

Karren H
10-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Just tell them that your girlfriend perfers you hairless especially when you get out the vegetable oil and rubber sheets!! They won't ask again.

Hope
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Well it sounds like you are not sure about wanting shaved legs, or furry legs. You say you want both... which as you know is difficult to do.

One option, on OLD CD trick, for you would be to leave your legs furry, and just wear a pair of support hose underneath whatever other nylons you want to wear. The support hose conceal your hair, and the second pair of nylons on top conceal the support hose.

Another (in my opinion better) option would be to get better friends. Friends are supposed to be around for fun and support, not misery and judgement. When a group of friends starts to stress conformity rather than friendship - it might well be time to find a different group of friends.

A third option would be to man up and explain that you don't ask them about their grooming choices, and ask why they think they get a vote about yours. In any case the next time someone insinuates that you are gay because you have shaved legs, ask him what he is doing checking out your legs. Homophobia is like a knife, it cuts both ways. My apologies to Gloria Estefan.

marisa
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
omg karren. thats to much, lmao. i'll have to remember that one.

mklinden2010
10-05-2009, 08:55 PM
I second the "get better friends" vote.

Meanwhile, shaved legs are simply cooler, in terms of shedding sweat. Aside from biking and running, just keeping the thermostat up a little higher in the house saves on the cooling bills around here.

Last, what you do with your leg hair is up to you. Your legs - yours is the only vote that really counts.

And, beyond last... What's with the gay bashing? To each their own. Live and let live.

I wanted to edit this to add this note:

My legs are shaved year round.

So what?

Miss Anthropic
10-05-2009, 09:35 PM
.....Another (in my opinion better) option would be to get better friends. Friends are supposed to be around for fun and support, not misery and judgement. When a group of friends starts to stress conformity rather than friendship - it might well be time to find a different group of friends...

I totally agree with this.

Not sure what to tell you really; it's hard to have no hair and hair at the same time. I usually shave everything down in the early fall and let it grow back in the spring. I did it a little earlier this year and have been out several times in shorts with shaved legs, so far no negative reactions from strangers but haven't tested things with friends yet.

Ann Thomas
10-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Go ahead and shave and tell them you're going for the Olympic Swimmer look!

You could gradually shift into it by using clippers set shorter each time, btw.

I do that on my arms.

Ann

CD Susie
10-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks all for the responses. I'm going to think everything over for the following weeks. I'll discuss more with the girlfriend and see what she thinks again. I want to make sure she still has her man when she wants. The legs might push it too far. When I get back from vacation I'll have my decision, but I'll definitely post new pictures if I do! That is for sure.

As for the friends thing. Thinking about it I really don't care what they think as you've all mentioned. I'll do what hope said and ask them why they are looking at my legs to begin with. I'm the one with the very hot, sexy and sweet girlfriend who lets me do whatever I want!

PaulaJaneThomas
10-06-2009, 01:38 AM
It's none of their business if you shave your body. True friends will just accept it. Anyone who doesn't isn't a friend. By bowing to their prejudices you'd be giving them a veto over your life. Do you have a veto over their lives? I suspect not so why would you give them one over yours?

baby beluga
10-06-2009, 02:32 AM
if my friends asked me to shave them i'd be a little hesitant at first but would eventually get over it. i'd start off first with electric trimmers and work from there :heehee:

edit: just noticed the thread title is not 'Need advice about shaving my friends...'

JennyS.
10-06-2009, 04:04 AM
A couple of years ago, my child and I were at a friend's house for a BBQ. It was hot outside so naturally I wore shorts. We were sitting shooting the s*** when he noticed. He said "Do you shave your legs?" My response: "Yeah, why?" He, "Oh, just wondering". It was never brought up again. I shave year round, by the way.

By the way... That's funny BB!

Sarah Michelle
10-06-2009, 10:18 AM
once upon a time when my children were in elementary school, there was a male teacher who was shaved everywhere it might visible [legs, arms, head]. No one I knew knew about the rest of the body. When asked about it, because children ask direct questions, he said it was for comfort in his cycling clothes and helmet. I always wondered if that were the truth or if it facilitated cross-dressing [we go where we know]. His skin was always moisturized and flawless.
The fact that he was shaved was always fodder for comment at the parent gatherings and functions. He seemed to be able to ignore it but then he drove a 60s V.W. convertible.

xout101
10-06-2009, 10:22 AM
A couple of years ago, my child and I were at a friend's house for a BBQ. It was hot outside so naturally I wore shorts. We were sitting shooting the s*** when he noticed. He said "Do you shave your legs?" My response: "Yeah, why?" He, "Oh, just wondering". It was never brought up again. I shave year round, by the way.

Great point, that being it's all in how you present yourself, not your legs. You could wear a baseball cap and jeans wrong and people could thing the "wrong thing". It seems as if you're far too concerned about what they think, and they're picking up on that, which makes you a bigger, easier target. But given your relationship with them, does it matter what they think? It rarely does, the exceptions being maybe when business could suffer due to it, or perhaps elder family members who would just be better off not knowing. If it really doesn't matter what they think, then show em you don't care. It could end up bringing you more respect than you had before.

Christina Horton
10-06-2009, 10:54 AM
99% of the people won't see that your arms or legs are shaving. The ones whom to (see) won't say anything. Now your friends may Tess you but you just tell them you like it better and you don't stink as bad cuz the hair hold the BO in your hair and with it shaved you SHED the smell almost right away. Plus you could point out all the men out there that shave if they think your Gay or girly , like wrestlers , Bodybuilders , Foot ball players , all sports that are full contact , ETC. If they still call you gay then say something like..."if you think I am gay then give me a big kiss , cuz I think you want to soooo badly".

Me I have been shaving for years and no one says and thing. Plus how many times do you look and men's legs and see they have not or have shaved there legs. I mean before you were looking to shave your legs. People are so caught up in there own world and can't see beyond there own noise let alone see or care your shaving your arms or legs.

CharleneT
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Just tell them that your girlfriend perfers you hairless especially when you get out the vegetable oil and rubber sheets!! They won't ask again.

Thank you Karren ! I needed a good laugh this morning, really. This one was a real "snorter" too !! GREAT idea !!

Fab Karen
10-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Guys who feel the need to comment about every woman who walks by are vainly trying to "prove" something.

Olivia
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I second the "get better friends" vote.

Last, what you do with your leg hair is up to you. Your legs - yours is the only vote that really counts.

My legs are shaved year round.

So what?

There ya go. OMG, it's just hair girlfriend. I could care less what anybody thinks about my shaved legs. Either they deal with it or not. They are my damned legs and I will shave them forever whether my friends like that or not. Such drama over the hair on one's legs...