PDA

View Full Version : Picking up on women while dressed

Jill
10-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I have this friend who is a crossdresser in a very loose sense of the word. He really just wears pantyhose and has a fetish for pantyhose. He's never been totally dressed, the closest was last Halloween, he wore a skirt and heels but was otherwise in male mode.

Recently, he has joined a local community of pick up artists who, if you're not familiar with them, are men who make a lifestyle and living from picking up on women. Today he showed me a picture of his Halloween costume, a skimpy, sexy nun outfit that he intends to wear with pantyhose and heels.

On Halloween, he wants to hit the scene in his sexy nun outfit and pick up on women. I have to admit, I am completely intrigued by this and would love to be a fly on the wall as he attempts this. He can get away with it on Halloween but it made me wonder about something else.

Has anyone tried to pick up on women while dressed? I mean it's one thing to talk to a stranger you find attractive in regular guy mode but doing it dressed is entirely different. At least you have that part about you out of the way right? You don't have to break it to her later, no more secrets.

Has anyone successfully approached someone they found attractive while dressed or ever went out with or dated someone they met while dressed? Better yet, would you ever approach or pick up on someone while dressed?

NathalieX66
10-05-2009, 10:20 PM
I dated one girl a few months ago that dreams of starting a dance club that is divided into two sections: guidos on one half, and goths on the other. Mind you this is Long Island NY/Brooklyn. She figured the guidos would make all the money for the dance club by the sheer numbers that show up, but the goth section of the club would scare off the guidos by having transvestites at the door. ...already she knows damn well that I would gladly work the door for her. We are pretty close friends.

dilane
10-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I've never gone out to pickup women, since I've been married since before I went out in public, but I have had women openly express interest in going out with me when I was out en femme. It's a small percentage, but they're out there for sure. This has only happened in straight (the majority) or lesbian clubs. And no, I've never acted on any of it :)

baby beluga
10-06-2009, 02:30 AM
pua is garbage

Ralph
10-06-2009, 10:37 AM
I find the whole concept of "picking up women" barbaric. You befriend someone, get to know her, learn all about her, treat her with respect. If you're just randomly selecting someone with the goal to have sex with them, you might as well drop all pretense and go rutting in the mud with the other pigs.

Jill
10-06-2009, 11:18 AM
pua is garbage

Say what you will about PUA, those guys get women, it works.

I find the whole concept of "picking up women" barbaric. You befriend someone, get to know her, learn all about her, treat her with respect. If you're just randomly selecting someone with the goal to have sex with them, you might as well drop all pretense and go rutting in the mud with the other pigs.

I agree with you Ralph, it is barbaric but I've gathered enough information about this sub-culture to learn that fortunately, there are many out there who are more interested in improving their lives and building relationships as opposed to just getting laid. But yes, some are doing it to just get laid and I think it's bogus.

Barbara918
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
"...but I have had women openly express interest in going out with me when I was out en femme. It's a small percentage, but they're out there for sure."

I've had similar experiences. Women will come up to me when I'm CD'd & start the conversations. Usually they want to know (1) how I walk so well in high heels amd (2) what's in my bra. But I'm always happy to talk about my CDing if I can dispel a few myths.

docrobbysherry
10-06-2009, 01:05 PM
the "goths and guidos" bit. But, my Tongan is a bit rusty!

pua is garbage

"Pua"???:brolleyes:

KayC
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm just a small country girl...what's a guido?

Kathi Lake
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
the "goths and guidos" bit. But, my Tongan is a bit rusty!

"Pua"???:brolleyes:

I'm just a small country girl...what's a guido?Allow me to translate for you both:

PUA = Pick Up Artist
Guido - usually a slang term for those of Italian descent.

Kathi

Kate Simmons
10-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I dunno Jill, sounds like a degrading thing to do in either mode.

AmandaM
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Allow me to translate for you both:

PUA = Pick Up Artist
Kathi

Make that Italian-gold-chains-hairy-chest-slicked-hair-kinda-Brooklyn-guys.

sherri52
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Add to that the full set of hair on thier backs and the bad ussage of the english language.

NathalieX66
10-06-2009, 09:57 PM

Sorry, the word is a perjorative term that is used frequently in the northeast USA that connotes a certain breed of Italian American that seems to only exist in New York and New Jersey, particularly the NJ shore, but not exclusively. (...I'm part-Italian by the way). Without getting into any kind of racism, I shall only permit myself to describe in a nutshell, of this young male population that is preoccupied with narcissistic beauty by getting full bodywaxing, eyebrow threading, salon tans, fancy hairdo's, cosmetics, airbrush tans, and super-buff bodies, and YET they will go out of their way to let you know that they are NOT gay.

I'm for moving this topic along beyond what I said,a s i fear i have said more than i should have.

Emily01
10-07-2009, 02:50 AM
.....young male population that is preoccupied with narcissistic beauty by getting full bodywaxing, eyebrow threading, salon tans, fancy hairdo's, cosmetics, airbrush tans.....

sounds like they could use some hose and heels!

anyway, in the past i've had success with women in part because they knew i CD'd, and i'm sure i would have had other, perhaps more erotic experiences, had i been willing to go out to clubs dressed.....and though i like the idea of meeting someone en femme and getting that out of the way up front, i don't care for the idea of cruising....tad too shallow for this simple-minded gal.

Michelle-Leigh
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Allow me to translate for you both:

PUA = Pick Up Artist

Kathi

OK, I'm also a backwoods girl.... Now what is a goth ?

Thanx,
Michelle-Leigh

Kathi Lake
10-07-2009, 10:04 AM
OK, I'm also a backwoods girl.... Now what is a goth ?

Thanx,
Michelle-LeighThe word Goth is usually short for Gothic -someone who likes a certain style of music and dress. Goth music is usually a bit dark and moody and "angsty." :) Goth people tend to dress using dark colors, black nail polish, black lipstick, pale foundation (if any) - and that's both for men and women! :) For a great example of the Goth look, think Edward Scissorhands, just without the scissors.

Kathi

Deidra Cowen
10-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm more interested in being the one actually being picked up! :heehee:

I personally back on subject have never picked up a GG at the bars in Tgirl mode. I met an EX GG GF once at a bar while in fem mode but that was where we went on a date the next weekend, I did not seduce her into going home that night. Now back in my young straight boy days thats another story. :eek:

A few other times GGs have hit on me in fem mode but by then I had decided I was 100% gay and just messed with men.

At a regular straight bar I don't think your friend would have much luck. I do see GGs however come into gay bars and some of the alternative type parties (fetish, goth, bondage) and are interested in da Tgirls. They seem to be hunting for a LTR however.

Finally those expressing outrage and saying its degrading. Come on have you never met someone out at the bars and gone home with them??? Really??? Or at least had wanted to. Straight folk, GGs, Men, Tgirls all do it, not smart perhaps but it goes on.

tricia_uktv
10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I am waiting for the woman to pick up on me. May be a long wait.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
10-07-2009, 05:04 PM
I've only recently started dressing more in skirts and stuff as a guy, and I'm still sort of developing the confidence to be out in public as such, right now I am actually even sort of putting up a fake confident front on some occasions, but I haven't yet attempted to flirt with girls while wearing women's clothes, I am definitely not a pick up artist, I'm a relationships kind of guy, but I am curious as to how my new open-ness with my dressing will ultimately affect future potential relationships.

I actually think once I am truly comfortable with it that it has the potential to be something that actually helps me attract partners because it will make me stand out and also I will no longer be hiding anything which I think girls could pick up on before. I've had friends tell me that since I came out that they can tell I'm happier, even when I'm dressed in boring jeans.

caroledwina
10-07-2009, 05:10 PM

I have no clue either, although it all sounds intriguing. I take these threads light-heartedly and am not sure how words like 'barbaric' creep in.

Carol
Carol Edwina

(how do I get rid of this horrid username - archprc- I was so young and naive when I joined that I didn't realise how the handle would haunt me)

(and to respond to another thread - I picked 'Carol Edwina' because it is amazingly similar to my male name 'Carl E...'
and is the handle I use when I write fiction as a woman.

gender_blender
10-07-2009, 06:20 PM
I pick up girls all the time, but I frequent lesbian nightclubs. I typically use the pickup line "ya know, I used to be a guy," since I pass pretty well, works 100% of the time for getting phone numbers and frequent dates.