PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing Pictures on the Internet

AmiFL
10-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Did anyone see the article about the ex-mayoral candidate from East Cleveland, Eric Brewer. (Search him on line for the gory details) Apparently, pictures of him crossdressed made it onto the internet and destoyed his chances for re-election. He did not post them voluntarily, but they were released without his knowledge. He actually looked pretty nice, but the press chastized him. It goes to show you that crossdressing is still not readily accepted by the main stream.

I took a big step in posting my picture on my homepage. It was just a digital makeover head shot and I thought I looked okay, even kinda cute. However I had to take it down today after reading Mr. Brewers story. I am not a candidate for mayor by no means, but it frightens me the thought of being outed to the people who know me. It is bad enough my wife told my son about my crossdressing, but he was so shocked, he blew it off. At least it seems like he did.

Forgive my fears, I will still actively particpate on this site. It is refreshing to chat with other folks who have similar interests and desires. Not to mention look as I could only dream to look.

Thanks for letting me be a part of the wonderful group of people.

Ami

Miranda09
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Ami. An interesting story and typical of the political and social climate of this country. As for the pics, I wouldn't worry unless you DO plan to run for office. Whenever that happens, there's always someone out there who's willing to do whatever it takes to degrade someone, not that CDing is a degrading issue, but you know many are going to view it that way. Don't be a stranger, as this is a fun site to interact on. :)

Jeanna
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Check it out , Google your user name and you may be surprised at what you find!
Jeanna

Miranda09
10-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Jeanna

I have Googled my name and I did find my avatar pic...but that was all, and I had to some serious searching to find it.

Carroll
10-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Mine is too common. Dont matter though. Most people at work know that I dress, I have both a facebook and myspace page.

suchacutie
10-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Hmmm, I had to google suchacutie linked with Tina, but then a few recent threads here appeared. Fascinating!

tina

Michelle S
10-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Did anyone see the article about the ex-mayoral candidate from East Cleveland, Eric Brewer. ...

See:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116438

Jeanna
10-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread.
add crossdresser to your google search.
Jeanna

JennyS.
10-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Googled mine, too. When I first read that sentence... YIKES! I guess my user name is too common, went through 35 pages and found nothing. Whew.

karen68
10-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Jeanna

yes I'm there too and easily found so do I care NOOO

Karen564
10-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Jeanna

Yup, I did, easy to find & see I'm plastered all over the place in here..LOL
But all I see is my avatar photo, Whew, thank God...:heehee:

Also just found another Karen564...Hmmmm..whats up with That!!! what are the odds..

I'm not planning on running for public office anyways, so I'm not concerned about it at all..besides I dont think America could ever handle this Tranny in the oval office...:devil:

Jamie VieJolie
10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
The story has positive and negative aspects. On the one hand it shows that being a crossdresser can be used against you politically. On the other hand it shows that CD's aren't just transvestite prostitutes or Jerry Springer basket cases.

I'm not sure just how badly it will work against him. I don't think most women will be that offended. I don't think women will turn on him because he likes being like them. It's not like the pictures were of him and someone else. Women can be pretty tolerant as long as the family is not being threatened.

I also think a lot of men won't like the dirty tactics used against the mayor because so many people have a secret of their own. It wasn't like the mayor put the pictures up on the internet. It was dumb of him to leave them on his PC but the guys at the repair shop violated his privacy and stole the pics. There are a lot of CD's out there but there are also lots of guys having affairs, people into S&M, swingers, etc.

Seeing as how those pictures didn't involve anything illegal or the harming of another human being I hope that many people feel that the ones who brought the pictures to light are the real scumbags.

I hope.

Lorileah
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I am all over the net in both personas. If I didn't want people to see it would not post it, but this is where the whole thing ties to the OP. Until crossdressers quit thinking of ourselves as freaks and we don't educate the public and the majority hide in the closet, we will never be accepted in any public forum.

The photos of the candidate were not what I would call good or acceptable in most cases but they were not a reason to keep him/her out of office. Tell me exactly how dressing in women's clothing makes you any less effective in a job like being mayor?

Isn't it unusual that at least three politicians were caught in affairs so far this year but that is more accepted than wearing a dress? They are still in office but this poor person had to drop out?

Joy Carter
10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
No matter what you do, that picture will always be there, and able to be linked to you if the searcher knows what they are doing. Me I care less. :tongueout

Fab Karen
10-06-2009, 06:03 PM
How many people do you know would be googling "karen564" or "jennys." ( for example )? Now if you used "Fred Jones" ( assuming that was your name ) for this site, then maybe there'd be a chance someone you know would see the pic.

Deborah Jane
10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Oooh...Fame at last :D
I put in deborah jane avatar and 2 pics came up.....Well I guess that mucks up any chance of me entering politics :brolleyes:

sherri52
10-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi Ami: I wouldn't worry about the pics unless you are looking for a politcal position. If you followed through with Eric Brewers crossdressing pictures you will also find that some of these photos are in a very explicit positions. He neither confirmed nor denied any alligations.

Karen564
10-06-2009, 06:44 PM
How many people do you know would be googling "karen564" or "jennys." ( for example )? Now if you used "Fred Jones" ( assuming that was your name ) for this site, then maybe there'd be a chance someone you know would see the pic.

That's absolutely right...
Your legal name would somehow have to be tied into your alias for them to know anything..
I'd say everyone is pretty safe here..

vikki2020
10-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I did that before, and found there's a vikki2020 that sells tires in China! And some of my pics. If any do get out there, I sure hope they use a good one!:)

Kate Simmons
10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Why else do you think I keep changing my name? It's not just the Internet, it's those blamed multiverse zone troopers as well. It's getting so's a girl or guy (Whatever!) can't get five minutes of peace sometimes.;):battingeyelashes::)

crusadergirl
10-06-2009, 07:35 PM
That sucks for that guy Eric.If i look up my name crusadergirl it shows some of my pics and alot of others from this site. I will not be running for office anytime soon damn. I'm not really worried about ppl seeing my pictures its too late now anyways.

Stephenie S
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
It won't completely ruin your chances of public office. Stu Rasmussen is the openly transexual mayor of Silverton, OR.

Stephie

TSchapes
10-06-2009, 07:49 PM
me showing my pictures from SCC at work. Yes at work. I'm out at work, and belong to the LGBT support group at work. And everyone has been really accepting. Some professions and companies are more progressive than others.

So don't go hiding on the first bad news you see. Also, there were other mitigating circumstances around the mayor's election. A feud with the police department for one. It wasn't just the pictures...

-Tracy

Karren H
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I've posted photos and videos and am on every kind of forum including a ford truck forum and blackberry forums.. All kind of fashion and makeup forums and even a couple hockey forums.. I even chat with a couple of XM's NHL Home Ice radio DJ's on Face Book all as Karren the crossdressing ice hockey playing engineer. Lol. .. So I'm so out there and don't really care...

borbiusle
10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I stick to emails and Instant messenger when it comes to my pics. As much as I'd like to post my pics online, I really don't know what I'd do if the wrong people stumbled upon them and blackmailed me.

JennyS.
10-06-2009, 08:22 PM

But I wonder if any of us would be recognized. I think I look totally different as Jenny than my male self. Then again, no one but ya'll know me as Jenny. Only two people know my 'real' identity. And they have pledged total secrecy. After viewing the male and female pictures of some of our members, there is no way I would be able to identify one from the other.

Daphne Renee
10-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I dont see what the HUGE deal was about the mayors pictures. There are lots of politicians who do much worse.
I have never tried to google my user name.
I do have a pic of myself from last halloween on my myspace page but everyone already knows about that. I wont be running for any sort of office anytime soon. :)

UASIANGAL
10-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Maybe some preventive measures of having more friends and less enemies would ease my mind. In this competitive world, there is always someone who like to take you down!

samantha48328
10-07-2009, 12:11 AM
I just 'Googled' my name and was VERY surprised to see what was found!

AmiFL
10-07-2009, 12:26 AM
I googled my name and there are far to many business names and chemical compounds for me to worry.

Still on one hand I wish I was as out as some of you are........ I'd love to dress every chance I could. It would be a good reason to get back into shape if anything. I would look really bad dressed now.

But my real world does not allow it. I work in a very closed minded environment. There is one transgender MTF person in my workplace. We get along fairly well, but she is the brunt of numerous comments.

I feel bad for Eric..... because his harmless hobby ruined his career, like I am sure it would destroy mine.

I may post my picture again.... I kinda liked sharing me with all of you.

Thanks,

Ami

maggiecdva
10-07-2009, 07:25 AM
It's funny I googled just the name Eric Brewer and got more links about Eric Brewer the NHL Hockey player than Eric Brewer the Mayor.

And No I don't know if the Hockey Player crossdresses although from my hockey days I did wear a garter belt that held up the hockey socks :D

Hugs - maggie

JustChelsea
10-07-2009, 07:38 AM
i dont think anyone was surfing the internet and then instantly recognized him. "omg...is that our mayor???......it is!!" i don't think it happened like that. the internet is way too big. he probably got caught looking at stuff in his office or at home.
Plus, if you look good as a girl, no one is going to recognize you...as long as you don't put the pictures on your facebook or on the fridge at home. And also, its your life!! who cares!! if you're 30 or older and you still think the world is out to get you.....you're gonna be miserable until learn that its NOT. stop being so paraniod...and take a walk on the wild side!!!

AndroRemi
10-07-2009, 07:56 AM
It is, at least to me, a universal truth; if you are trying to hide something not only will it inevitably come out, but the act of hiding it will cause you nothing but pain. Regardless of your status, whether you work as a cashier at the dollar store or are a state representative, the last thing you should consider doing is hiding something no matter how trivial. If it is something you don't want people to know about, well, in this society, your only option to ensure that no one will ever find out is to just never do it, never speak of it, never write it down, and never think of it again. Given your options, honesty is the best answer. It may or may not cause you immediate pain and problems, but your reputation, trust, and mental well being can only improve.

Sheila
10-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Debs and I did this a while back when yet another scare story appeared .......... now for someone to find you on here they would have to Google your name (fem) so chances are they know about you anyway, and to relate it to you they would have to know you pretty well, have you checked the before and after thread on the forum, the before and after pics are amazing

To put this into perspective, Debs changed her wig recently and she also bought a skirt suit that day, tried both on tog later that evening, got thirsty & hungry so went to raid the fridge and make coffee at the same time, her mum said from the living room/kitchen door "who are you & what are you doing in my fridge" it was only when she turned and actually spoke to her that her mum realised who it was ................ so if her own mum didn't recognize her at side look what are the chances of you being recognized from a pic on the net .......... pretty slim if you are full dressed and made up I would say

Barbara918
10-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I don't really care if my crossdressing were to become public knowledge. I'd be more embarrassed to be a politician than a CD.

Deborah Jane
10-07-2009, 08:51 AM
I'd be more embarrassed to be a politician than a CD.

:iagree: :D

TGMarla
10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
It's a shame that something like this is considered a "smear" campaign. It's just not publicly acceptable, and in exposing such pictures, someone's career can still be ruined. It makes him the laughable butt of jokes and lowbrow comments. Few stop to realize that it's just no big deal, yet the East Cleveland news yaks treated it like some monumental incident. It's no wonder so many of us hide. What's the matter with people?

DianneRoberts
10-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't really care if my crossdressing were to become public knowledge. I'd be more embarrassed to be a politician than a CD.

Absolutely

Ted Kennedy was a politician that continued to be re-elected even after the "swim" off a bridge.

How can CDing compare to that !

kimmy p
10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Jeanna

I just did, and my avatar comes up first thing. It's why I don't use an actual photo fpr my avatar.

AmiFL
10-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Absolutely

Ted Kennedy was a politician that continued to be re-elected even after the "swim" off a bridge.

How can CDing compare to that !

What a great analogy............. least we forget Bill Clinton also.

Have another cigar Monica.

BonnieJG
10-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Like they say Be carfull on what you but on the net you don't know who is looking. . . . Just found out the compines are 'Googling' your name
when you go for that new job. To find out what you are like :eek:

Christine Rugby
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
This is so ironic because my SO and I were just talking about this the other night. I googled her name and our location and sure enough, three or four things popped up and only one with a pic of her full face. My SO has desires to become a public official or a CEO and therefore, doesn't want to be shared outside of this community. My concern was for the safety aspect--what if someone recognized her as him and took it out on our family? Is this too paranoid on my behalf? Not sure.

My SO said, he would be adjusted the full face pictures to hopefully correct the problem. But, unless they know her name, I don't think they will find her either.

Hmm--guess I am conflicted!

Deidra Cowen
10-07-2009, 12:59 PM
If in the closet your best bet is to never post up pics. That being said I do it anyway. LOL

There is one thing working in our favor. 99.9% of the folks out there would never connect our guy self with our fem image. I have actually seen two GGs out at the clubs that knew my guy side from work. They had no clue even though they were just a few feet away from me.

What got the Mayor was that a computer repair shop found the fem pics and gave them to the media. Be careful when ya get your computer fixed!!! Also, never ever use your work PC for Tgirl stuff...if in the closet I mean. :devil:

Barbara918
10-07-2009, 02:11 PM
"Ted Kennedy was a politician that continued to be re-elected even after the "swim" off a bridge. How can CDing compare to that !"

Well, for one thing, no one should ever see me in a bathing suit.

Fab Karen
10-07-2009, 04:43 PM
But I wonder if any of us would be recognized. I think I look totally different as Jenny than my male self. Then again, no one but ya'll know me as Jenny. Only two people know my 'real' identity. And they have pledged total secrecy. After viewing the male and female pictures of some of our members, there is no way I would be able to identify one from the other.

That's the other point, not many of us would be recognized by people who know our boy selves.

"Ted Kennedy was a politician that continued to be re-elected even after the "swim" off a bridge"
Among other good things, he fought for LGBT rights, and for creating a system of affordable health-care for all citizens. A drunk accident when he was younger doesn't negate that.

caroledwina
10-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Did anyone see the article about the ex-mayoral candidate from East Cleveland, Eric Brewer. (Search him on line for the gory details) Apparently, pictures of him crossdressed made it onto the internet and destoyed his chances for re-election. He did not post them voluntarily, but they were released without his knowledge. He actually looked pretty nice, but the press chastized him. It goes to show you that crossdressing is still not readily accepted by the main stream.

I took a big step in posting my picture on my homepage. It was just a digital makeover head shot and I thought I looked okay, even kinda cute. However I had to take it down today after reading Mr. Brewers story. I am not a candidate for mayor by no means, but it frightens me the thought of being outed to the people who know me. It is bad enough my wife told my son about my crossdressing, but he was so shocked, he blew it off. At least it seems like he did.

Forgive my fears, I will still actively particpate on this site. It is refreshing to chat with other folks who have similar interests and desires. Not to mention look as I could only dream to look.

Thanks for letting me be a part of the wonderful group of people.

Ami

Somewhat arousing, actually - and just a hint of actual bosom (perhaps an optical illusion, but who cares).

I notice that the posts on one of the sites which features this story are at least 50% positive and some of those positive comments are quite long and considered - whereas the negative comments don't parse quite so elegantly

Carol

Ralph
10-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Jeanna
HOLY MOLY! I googled "Ralph" and got over 85 million hits. I'm doomed!

Seriously, I wonder what kind of an idiot would give pictures of himself, or allow them to be taken, that end up on any kind of storage media outside his control if those pictures would in any way create a negative impression in the public eye? Until the day comes that I'm completely out, I'm not even taking a picture of myself dolled up to admire in the safety of a password protected folder on my own hard drive.

And No I don't know if the Hockey Player crossdresses although from my hockey days I did wear a garter belt that held up the hockey socks

A crossdressing hockey player? Now you're just talking crazy. It'll never happen!
(Cue Karren in 3... 2... 1...)

Susan.
10-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Under Google images I googled my name and it was the first picture. All the other pictures were from these forums.

Supposedly, all the Mayor's photos were stolen from his personal computer. But then I haven't looked at this story for several days.

JustChelsea
10-07-2009, 06:47 PM
who cares if people know? if your hiding yourself to others...in a way, you're also lying to them

karen68
10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
very true chelsea

Sandygal
10-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Someone would have to know that I'm a crossdresser and then they would have to know the name I use when I'm on this site. So the odds of me being outed seem rather remote. If by some incredible chance it would happen, then I would have to believe it was meant to be.

DianneRoberts
10-08-2009, 09:43 AM
So of course when I googled "DianneRoberts" links to this website popped up for threads I'd started and when googled under image my avatar showed up. I might revert that back to my cartoon, maybe.... A lot of unrelated stuff also, a lot !

BUT

When I google imaged my male name with no middle initial, one of the images was a guy with his face made up as a woman and long flowing hair.

And it wasn't me ! ! !

And of course my own male picture was no where to be seen and I know there are pictures associated with my male hobby on the internet.......

Go figure..

AmiFL
10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Diane,

See what I mean...... sure it is a stretch to be found on a google search. But stranger things have happened.

I would not fair well in my new life in Florida.

It is that witness protection program thing "LOL" :), although I could gone under deep cover as Ami.

Mandy Burgundy
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I put my username under google images and my avatar came up, ahh:eek:. But its only a half of me and its B&W. Just curious what do you users do to keep your images protected, other than making the album private, or blocking the face/eyes?

Lorileah
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I think it is interesting that most here are still trying to hide who they are. The same people who want their SO's to accept them?

monika
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I don`t get all the anxiety about getting recognized really.
We all look so different in boy/girl mode that someone finding out must be aware and really looking for that to be a risk.
I am closeted and my pics comes up right away on google, but I don`t think anyone would recognize me so it`s not something I worry about:)

shannonFL
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
In total agreement with Monika, if I thought my dopey pics could reveal my male self, well, someone must really be trying too hard...I hope they like me:heehee:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37047380@N08/

jaynesissy
10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I just googled myself and there were several listings the only pic was one of my legs only so no chance of anyone recognizing me. But, it is sure a wake up call to be careful unless and until one is ready to come out to anyone and everyone!

Tina2
10-09-2009, 12:49 AM
I will never put pictures of myself crossdressing online. The most important reason is that is a very clear limit my wife has. Second, before too long the search engines are going to be doing facial recognition and even if you are posting them under anonymous names, it might be able to link them back to pictures attached to your male self. I think it is going to be a long time before I am willing to be that open with my dressing.

Laura_Stephens
10-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I will never put pictures of myself crossdressing online. The most important reason is that is a very clear limit my wife has. Second, before too long the search engines are going to be doing facial recognition and even if you are posting them under anonymous names, it might be able to link them back to pictures attached to your male self. I think it is going to be a long time before I am willing to be that open with my dressing.

Before too long? It is very possible and available now.

tanya1976
10-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Jeanna

Tanya (1976 film)
Tanya
Directed by Nate Rodgers (as P.D. Fingersnarl)
Written by Charles Townsend
Release date(s) 1976
Country USA
Language English
Tanya is a low-budget 1976 comedy film directed by Nate Rodgers and loosely based on the experiences of Patricia Hearst. The lead character, Charlotte Kane, is 20-year-old heiress of a newspaper mogul. She is kidnapped by five sex-crazed pseudo-relovutionaries who call themselves "The Symphonic Liberation Army". Charlotte is quickly converted to their cause and changes her name to Tanya...lol.....:):)

Ms. Electra
10-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Someone would have to try *really* hard to connect me, but it could be done. But I'm not worried -- I'll never run for office. :)

PretzelGirl
10-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I am a pretty paranoid person. But I sure don't think that someone I know will go "Hey let's Google 'Sue' and see what comes up about <insert my male name>". They would actually have to come up with your login/Fem Name and feel there was a reason to Google it.

Sarah Doepner
10-11-2009, 12:39 AM
When I googled my name under images I had to go 4 pages deep to find my avatar. But better yet I found there is a DC comic book character in the "Teen Titans" series (I think) by the name of Dr. Sarah Charles and she is a dead ringer for me.:devil:

Well, if you squint after having several too many strong drinks, maybe we could be distant cousins, by marriage. Maybe?