PDA

View Full Version : Another day out while unemployed

Kim_Bitzflick
10-06-2009, 04:44 PM
So I've been unemployed for a few months. Well, when life gives you lemons, Get dressed & go out.

That's what I've been doing since the kids are back in school. I went out (as Kim) to see a movie today with my wife (Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs - it was really cute & funny). The theater was nearly deserted since we went to the early show. I have been to this theater many times as Kim and never had a problem (even when it was packed full). Then afterward we went out to have a light lunch. No one even looked twice at me. I know I don't fool everyone, but everyone is still nice to me.

I've been out as Kim at least once a week since school started. It is GREAT! I only wish I didn't have to hide it from my children.

And now that my wife got a part time job, I'm taking care of the house including grocery shopping. Of course, I go shopping as Kim. The people at the store are really nice to me. Once a couple weeks ago, my wife sent me (Kim) to the grocery store for a promotional item (free knives for collecting points shopping there). The customer service lady was really nice to me and casually told me her friend is a CD'er. (see my earlier thread about this).

So now my wife works at a different grocery store (same company as our usual but a different location). We are thinking of sending Kim shopping there when she works & get some real feedback (since they won't know I'm her hubby - they never met me). But on the flip side, she may hear things that will REALLY hurt her. We need to discuss this more.

So to sum it up, I'm really enjoying this time. I know I'll get back on the job wagon soon, but I have to enjoy this time now.

joann426
10-06-2009, 06:21 PM
wow! kim love your story and you and your wife are wonderful together that makes a good relationship:hugs:

sherri52
10-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Great that you get out as Kim. I hope the job hunting works out as well.

Ronni Seymour
10-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Glad to see you're getting some time as Kim. Don't get spoiled!:battingeyelashes:

Kim_Bitzflick
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
My supervisor called this morning and said they need me back....... in Cincinatti (I live in South Carolina 400 miles away). They will pay expenses so it will be a good deal in this economy. I may even get to fly pretty. :D Depending on how many of my co-workers are there, I may be seeing Cincinatti as Kim. I'll keep ya'll informed.

Nicole Brown
10-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Congratulations Kim,

Wow getting back to work, maybe being able to travel en fem and being able to dress while at work. Sounds like a triple header to me...

Nicole

Ann Thomas
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
That's such a very nice and encouraging story! Hope it all goes wellfor you!

Ann

5150 Girl
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Cinci Ohio? Welcome to the Buckeye State! I hope when they relocate you, they give your wife a job there to.

Christine Rugby
10-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Woo hoo to you! When my SO was out of work, she dressed as well! Hopefully, you will be able to find a balance with your new job, family, and Cding!

Kim_Bitzflick
10-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Congratulations Kim,

Wow getting back to work, maybe being able to travel en fem and being able to dress while at work. Sounds like a triple header to me...

Nicole

Only a Double header. I can't go to work as Kim, but I can travel. It's still good. Now I can Buy the better make up.

Paula Siemen
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm so envious of you. I've been out of work for almost seven months now and it is really beginning to wear on me. I'm no spring chick anymore and if something doesn't happen soon I may find I've been put to eary retirement...as if I could afford it.

I do dress some during ther day while my wife is working her ass off trying to support us both, but since she is only tolerant of my dressing it hardly seems fair to afront her with my dressing after she has had a really hard day of work. Additionally, what does one do when out dressed and you have no funds to shop, eat out, have drinks, see a movie or anything, including burning gasoline. It does take a major portion of the fun away.

I did the separated work thing from my wife and kid for four years and I do know how much fun it can be to be able to be fem all evening after work, go out for drinks, dinner, a movie, shop or whatever. I even traveled (by car) in fem on most occasions.

Congratulations, I truely mean it. I hope the job deal works and the money deal works.

Good Luck.