PDA

View Full Version : Writing a blog about my son.

emmicd
10-07-2009, 01:38 AM
I started writing a blog about my son who has disabilities and is my pride and joy and I am also writing about family tragedy and about my experiences as a young boy.

In understanding about my son's situation I thought it would be relevant to talk about my struggles in childhood. I had wonderful parents and 2 sisters who are near and dear to me.

I thought that my situation was unique but learned there are others out there who identify with my situation. I revealed in my blog that I am a closet crossdresser and that I have dealt with a lot of isolation. I don't reveal all about crossdressing but did feel it was important to touch upon it since I started dressing up when I was 5 years old and at that time never associated myself as a crossdresser or transgerndered person. I just felt good wearing dresses and felt happy when I did. I recall trying on my younger sisters oversized dress from the laundry room and I was hooked at 5 years old and have been wearing girls and womens clothes ever since in secret. Only my wife and a few people know but I felt it was important to write about it in my blog as my writing has helped me with my depression.

If anyone is interested in reading my blog let me know and I will post the link.

Thank you.

emmi

kasha
10-07-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm interested, please post the link :)

sherri52
10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
It's great that you have an understanding wife. Yes; I would like to read the blog so please post it

il.dso
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Please post your blog.
It's always very helpful to learn from and understand the life
experiences of others on this website.

tricia_uktv
10-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Emmi, yes I think we all would, but you seem a little scared by it. The girls here will be fine though we don't know who may be interloping. I have posted a link to my blog in my signature and have had no problems so suggest you do the same. I'm sure it will be fine, and if not rename the blog or close it off.

emmicd
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I write a lot in my blog that have helped me through sad and difficult times. I am a person who is very understanding and caring and I love my wife and son. My son is autistic and I would do anything to help him. He is the love of my life. I am his father and I always will be. Just because I like to wear a dress does not make me less of a man. I in fact think that because I wear dresses it makes me a better man because I am able to have a feminine side. My only regret is that I suppress it and never talk about it with mainstreamers. I am a very respectful person and I would not hurt anyone. I am experiencing depression and being treated as a result of trying to deal with my father's suicide several months ago. I am writing my blog to help myself and to also be there for my wife and son and to teach people what it is like to have a child with autism. I also talk about my situation.

My link is:

www.edwardi.blogspot.com

I hope you can gain some insight.

Thank you.

emmi

suezeq
10-08-2009, 05:24 AM
hi emmicd i dont know why i read your blog but i did it could be because it reminds me what my ex in laws went through with my sister in law you people want a medal for what you both are doing for your son good luck to you three ,people do not know how to handle kids like them you must have a heart of gold .were i used to live in england i used to drivea mini-bus for them when they were short of drivers and what a good time we had best wishes to all

Carroll
10-08-2009, 06:29 AM
emmicd, I can relate. My 7y old daughter is also autistic. She was diagnosed with PDD-NOS, leaning to Asburgers. One of her symptoms is much like ADHD and after a year of trying everything we could think of, we made the tough decision to put her on meds. She take Adderall in the day and since she doesn't "shut down" like most people at night, we have her on clonodine at night. We had her in counseling with Children and family services, but due to a few missed appointments we were removed from the services. She started to fall between the cracks, but with a lot of persistence we now have a service coordinater for her.