PDA

View Full Version : transitioning for the body?

busker
10-07-2009, 09:43 PM
A half century ago, puberty played a practical joke and left me with a desire to wear panties, bras and other items of women's clothing for which I was not correct anatomically. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now. I was viewed by the few who knew , I think ,as some sort of pervert and science or society haven't changed their views much, though from reading the daily news, it may be the pot calling the kettle black.
Aside from that, I am a normal male doing the usual manly things like cooking, cleaning, sewing, taking out the trash, and of course, washing my nylons. Alas, I live alone, I'm divorced (but not for any reason relating to my "hobby" which wasn't in play during my married years). Though I must admit to now enjoying a tight skirt and lacy drawers, had someone offered me a potion to "cure" me way back when , I would have taken it no questions asked. That would have left a lifetime to persue some other things rather than spend time needlessly worrying about how I came to be perverted.. It's actually been a mostly off rather than on affair but I do admit to a certain pleasure when I'm in the mood . I'm am not, though, interested in strutting my stuff at the local mall.
I'm too old now to worry much but I thought I would see how others in the world handled their peculiar desire. Like most kids, I was the only one suffereing this problem but over the course of the last 50 years, I've learned that many things are universal--including "perversions" --it's called the human condition, warts and all. That we are no better at getting to grips with individual psychology is another thing but the people themselves have reached out to others to compare experiences. Searching brought to me to this site but the CD side was not quite as interesting or as heartbreaking as the TG side.
This brings me to the main part of my post. After reading many of the threads here and reading of the anguish and tortured lives, I wonder why it is that so many persue a path based on faulty (?) body chemistry (my assumption). My upbringing was "normal" for the times and so I conclude for myself that it is body/brain chemistry that has affected me and left me with a keen desire for lacy undies. We all have a mix of male and female hormones and having a male body with a bit too much of the female hormone seems to have left some to conclude that they are women/men trapped in the opposite body. The psychology of that notion has got to be overwhelming, and dealing with the sexual orientation question a task of Herculean proportions.
On the premise that a person has too much of one hormone to match his or her body type, why are not men in the m2f group trying to use HRT to become more male by replacing the excess(?) female hormones and thus obviate a lifetime of anguish to fullfill an unknown. Men struggle thinking they were meant to be women but what is that based on? A therapist who has a patient who believes that, is going to try to help that person achieve that goal if they feel that is the correct path. But from where is the path derived? How can one prove that nature intended something other than what is presently visible? [there is currently in the news a story of an African women runner who is being tested for excess male hormones because her perfomance is just too good for a female athlete].
There don't seem to be so many f2m transitions but of course, in modern society, women can be more masculine without being chastised for it, while men being too effeminate will always face a barrage of criticism. I did read of one poster who transitioned back to being a male (for reasons unstated)--it wasn't clear if that was only through hormone therapy, psychological therapy or surgically as well. What was the benefit, what psychological differences were there? Does he feel more maleness now?
Several posters, in providing answers to questions from those beginning a transition, indicated that after some period of time a persons brain would start to reflect a more female interest and point of view of their surroundings. Wouldn't that be the same then if a male used HRT to increase their testosterone levels and thus making them more "male".
The difficult part for those transitioning is that some lose their families,friends--everything to achieve their goal, only to remain alone--as so many have already pointed out. No relationships for the obvious reasons, and some not so obvious. A very high price to pay for nature's mistake.(?). If that magic potion were simply more male hormones would there be any takers? [In truth I don't know that that is a possibility medically, just an assumption on my part at this time].
Ignorance is like an iceberg--you only immediately see a small part and this may apply to my view of this subject. What little I know thus far would barely fill an a-cup, so I have posted this with the object of learning more. Human nature is complex, the brain infinitely so and not so well understood even in perfect health.
Thanks to any and all who might provide personal clarification on this topic.

Cindi Johnson
10-07-2009, 10:10 PM
As I understand the prevailing medical view, it's not the hormones (or lack of) in our bodies that determine transgenderism, but rather the amount and timing of hormones in our mothers' wombs at the time we were forming. A bit too high a level of certain hormones affects the architecture of the developing brain. Because of the chemistry in my mother's womb, my brain simply developed with an architecture (or wiring) more common to a girl.

Taking male hormones now will not alter our nature, as it was set months before we were born. Taking female hormones now will, however, give us a body and outlook which is a bit more compatible with the feminine wiring of our brains.

Of course, if you're a big fan of the Old Testament (I'm not), this is all gibberish. If He gave me a penis, then by god, I better act the part! (Stoning, anyone?)

Cindi Johnson

GypsyKaren
10-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Hormone levels have nothing to do with transsexualism or how you view yourself, and taking more of one will not make you more of anything, man or woman, and the things that effected us to be who we are has nothing to do with whatever effected you to crossdress.

Karen :g1:

Hope
10-07-2009, 11:47 PM
As I understand the prevailing medical view, it's not the hormones (or lack of) in our bodies that determine transgenderism, but rather the amount and timing of hormones in our mothers' wombs at the time we were forming. A bit too high a level of certain hormones affects the architecture of the developing brain. Because of the chemistry in my mother's womb, my brain simply developed with an architecture (or wiring) more common to a girl.

Taking male hormones now will not alter our nature, as it was set months before we were born. Taking female hormones now will, however, give us a body and outlook which is a bit more compatible with the feminine wiring of our brains.

Of course, if you're a big fan of the Old Testament (I'm not), this is all gibberish. If He gave me a penis, then by god, I better act the part! (Stoning, anyone?)

Cindi Johnson

What she said - without exception, and to a T. Including the part about the Old Testament.

As you have experienced yourself, their isn't a way to "make this go away" (including the "correct" hormones) and it is not the product of therapy run amuck, it is how we are. The solution isn't to buy a monster truck, learn to tolerate football and become a "real man."

joanlynn28
10-08-2009, 01:56 PM
For now there is no explanation for why we feel the way we do. It is just that is the way we are and it's what we have to live with. How you deal with it and what steps you take to live with it is all that really matters. Once you can except yourself for what you are than you'll be able to deal with what life has brought upon all of us.

Melissa A.
10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks, busker. For thousands of years, people have struggled with the question of transsexualism. For the better part of a century now, alot of time and effort has been invested in helping those born with the transsexual condition live lives that weren't torture. Guess we can all scrap that, now, close everything down, and go home. For you have saved us. You have found the answer. JUST SHUT UP AND BE A MAN!

Please.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Karen564
10-08-2009, 02:54 PM
As all just said, it's not just a simple matter of taking male or female hormones to cure this..because it wont..

In short,
As a MTF, I was unfortunately born with more of a females brain than a males, and the T my body produced made me feel very bad inside and also make my body more manly, so by taking more T would just push me over the edge, it certainly wont FIX my brain, and that's why I NEED to take T Blockers & female hormones, it's the only thing that brings my anxiety down to a more comfortable level I can live with..

Now by me saying this, does not mean that it cured me, because it didn't, even though it has altered my body as much as it can and it does make it much more tolerable to deal with, but my own nightmare will not end until the day I get my FSS & SRS.. That will be the day of my rebirth as a complete woman finally at peace in mind, body & soul..then from that point on, I will have to deal with completely different problems,,,,like Men...LOL