PDA

View Full Version : Any CDers have a pleasurable dining experience?

emmicd
07-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Are there any crossdressers who've gone out to a dinner and possibly a movie either with their wife/girlfriend and/or friends while dressed en femme?

Was your experience a positive one?

Emmi

Sophia Rearen
07-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Hi Emmi,
Yes, I went out to dinner with my sister in law. It was a blast....to say the least. Can't wait for October when I do it again. Check out my post # 60
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10115&page=3

Ava Mouse
07-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Emmi,

I've been to maybe a dozen different restaurants, of varying 'sophistication' and style, and have never had a problem. Worst thing is being addressed as 'guys' sometimes, but I don't take it personally. :rolleyes:

* Be honest if you're carded.

* Ask "Where is/May I use the ladies room?" which means, "Can I REALLY use the women's room, is that OK with you?" I've always been directed to the right place, though I'm assuming that if I can't use the ladies room, they'll say so.

* Tip well. I do to thank the waiter/waitress for their treating me as a lady. Positive reinforcement. ;)

* Be a good customer, and you'll get good customer service, that's my motto, even as my normal self. No one likes a bitchy customer.

Jenny Beth
07-23-2005, 12:03 AM
I've been to several restaurants with my wife. The CD group I belonged to sometimes had evenings out for dinner at nice restaurants. I remember one time there must have been a dozen CD's and a few SO's. We never had a problem but we did get lots of stares. Once after a shopping trip my wife and I went to a family run Greek restaurant. The waiter read me in seconds and I could tell he was uncomfortable, I was probably the first CD that he'd ever seen much less sit in his restaurant. Not a word when he served us and he never came and asked if everything was okay. I wouldn't call that rude, he just didn't know how to react. The food was great and I left a big tip. No doubt I was the topic of conversation around there that night. But I proved a point, it's not illegal to be a CD and they couldn't legally throw me out because they could face a human rights complaint.........big fines!

Clare
07-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Are there any crossdressers who've gone out to a dinner and possibly a movie either with their wife/girlfriend and/or friends while dressed en femme?

Emmi
No!
No!
I'll let you know!

Love to do what you ask - maybe one day in the future!

Christine

tifftg
07-23-2005, 09:50 AM
As part of my turning 50 gift to myself I went out with a t-girl friend of mine when I visited Chicago last March. It was a fun little Chinese Restraunt in Chicago's Boystown area. I was dressed enfemme and was treated so nicely. What made it so cool was after a few minutes 3 Chicago Police officers came into to eat as well. They took a quick glance and then went about their dinner, no issues, no hassle. The Boystown area is especially open, I love it. Great little shops and friendly environment. Can't wait to get back. Goal is to spend two days totally enfemme. :Power:

Krystal Lee
07-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Emmi, Yes I have and the experiances so far have been great. The first time was with two cd friends and I was very nervious to say the least! I was early and they were late, so I sat in the waiting area at the resturant feeling very self concious (sp?).
The gurls arrived and we were sat and waited upon like any group of women. It felt great and after a short while I relaxed and enjoyed myself.
The last time was the first time alone in a regular place and my waitress reconised me from comming in in drab. She thought it was great and treated me very well.
I wish I could go out dressed in my town but that won't happen any time soon.
Hugs Krystal.

cosmolovesph
07-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Wife and I went out on Halloween (me completly en femme)
black pantyhose, strappy 3" heels, Black pin striped stretch knee length skirt, black & white stretch blouse, nails (finger and toes in red) full make up, clip on dangle ear rings, blonde wig.
Wife = dress as a witch.

no unusual treatment from waitress, did get a lot of looks, was it me or the witch they were looking at? :D

Can't wait to go again... we then went to the movies as she was not feeling well but did not want me to be shorted on being out en femme...

kathy gg
07-23-2005, 12:19 PM
I think some of it depends on the city and what sort of restaraunt you go to. My husband when en femme has never had a negative word said to him and we have gone to everything from fast food places in Kentucky off the interstate to deli's in Austin, Texas to 5 star places in Toronto.

Since we do most of our going out in Toronto, I have only positive things to say. We have had dinners with just me and him and large group dinners with our cd social group Xpressions.

Mostly other people who are dining will not make a fuss and we do tend to go back and give repeat business to places where they seemed please to have us there.

One funny stoey, we go to one place in Toronto alot. For birthdy dinners and group dinners and just with friends. Well, there was one waiter there who literally went out of his way to get me pretty much what ever I wanted, even if it was not on the menu or was not part of the group dinner . While I was pregnant and starting to show we ate there and I will never forget the look on his face when he realized I was not a tg, but a real girl. That was the last night he ever went out of his way to get me extra cream for my coffee or something special. :-(

Anyway, I would say find out how fancy the restraunt is and maybe even go there not dressed to scope it out first. If really really in doubt you can always ask to talk to a manager and maybe even bring a pic of yourself so they know you will be looking like the clientele.

I find nicer places that are a bit more pricey tend to be more gracious to different things than cheaper eats. Also if your city has a gay business directory chances are there are some places to eat that are gay owned and they might be even better choices to support.

Hugs
kathy in canada

Emmi

Julie
07-23-2005, 04:25 PM
I was just out a week ago last Thursday. You can read about it here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10923. There's also a picture of us together taken by out waiter. It was our first unofficial dinner social.

Every second Thursday of the month, one of the groups I belong to, Chicago Area Crossdressers (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChicagoAreaCrossdressers/), will have a dinner/night out on the town social. The next one will be at a place called 'XO'. A bit more upscale than las Mananitas so I'll have to dress a little nicer for that one.

Oh darn! https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/ZD_DAN~1.GIF

Fallen Angel
07-23-2005, 05:20 PM
me and my friend go out quite alot we go to dinner and have been to a feww social gatherings and they have been very pleasent for the most part. every once in a full moon you may get a small negitive vib but i dont concerder it importaint

Bernadina
07-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Was out for lunch (and shopping) with a bunch of us girls yesterday. The restaurant was totally accepting and treated us with the same respect and courtesy that they treated every customer.

Have been out for diner many times with my wife and with other groups of girls. Sometimes with their SO's as well.

So far its always been a positive experience.

gender_blender
07-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Many times with my fellow sorority sisters and various other times with accepting and supportive friends.

Charlie

JoannaDees
07-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Went out Thursday with friends and it was great. It was funny though, we had like three waiters come by to check on us. The one guy called us "ladies", heh heh. That was nice. I do think they were checking us out, but they were very nice and it was a lot of fun.