PDA

View Full Version : Told my first neighbor

Kaitlyn Michele
10-09-2009, 08:10 AM
As many of you know, I started my transition in July..I am a very private person at home, and I never talked to any of neigbors about it and in fact, I've barely talked to them in the 4 years i've lived here..I call myself the Boo Radley of the neighborhood!!! heh

So this morning I was out front and my next door neighbors came out to walk their dog...i waved them over and they actually seemed nervous as they approached me...but in fact..they didnt know who i was!!!!:daydreaming:

they were very friendly and nice...the woman complimented me and told me she had no idea who i was until i spoke (gotta work on that voice)...and in the end it was all smiles and they told me i do have a rep in the neighborhood and looking back I'm sure I would have been better served getting to know them all better -- cant change that now...

the couple i spoke to said they will gladly talk to other neighbors and they think it will be totally fine!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

Stephenie
10-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Quite the step. Maybe you get to meet some new friends. Best of luck.

Teri Jean
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Kaitlyn,
Congrats to you, now you do not have to hide as much. I did the same a couple months ago and my neighbors were great as yours has been. I found out then the family across the street has a close friend who is also transitioning. Have fun now and get some sun before the winter sets in. LOL

Huggs Teri

Sharon
10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Very cool, Kaitlyn! :)

Melissa A.
10-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Very cool, Kaitlyn. Couldn't be happier for ya. When's Kaitlyn's neighborhood barbeque?

Hugs,

Melissa

Karen564
10-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Congrats!!! This also shows another act of bravery on your part, after all,You waived them over to you, not the other way around..

Plus, you must of felt some more wieght come off your shoulders afterwords..

Jeez, what did Neil Armstrong say when he stepped on the Moon??
wasn't it, "One small step for Women, One giant leap for Womanhood" well, something like that...LOL:D

All the best to you Kaitlyn!!
:hugs:

Veronica_Jean
10-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Kaitlyn,

Isn't it a wonderful surprise when you find supportive neighbors?

I was so nervous when I told mine as I knew I would be going out much more during the summer months. One day I was telling my next door neighbor how I appreciated the way they treat me. He was raised in the hills of West Virginia, literally in a holler, with no roads, electricity, running water or anything like that (visions of deliverance).

He told me "No one better ever disrespect you while I'm around or they will have to answer to me!". Needless to say I was floating in the cloud to have that kind of response from him.

IF nothing else, you won't have to worry about being seen anymore. That can be really good when you go out for the paper and just don't feel up to getting dressed for the day quite yet. Just toss on a robe or something and go get it.

Veronica

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I myself outed myself to my neighbors. One of them Julie and her husband are very supportive of me. In fact the other neighbors talk to her and she tells them about me. She's my ambassador. She is so nice.. Kimberly Marie Kelly :battingeyelashes:

sherri52
10-09-2009, 09:00 PM
That's coming out in a big way. Congratulations.:hugs:

Eileen
10-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Totally awsome Kaitlyn. You have some really nice neighbors! All the best to you!

Eileen

Kaitlyn Michele
10-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks everyone!!:hugs:

Of course, now I have no excuse to weed my lawn!! LOL