PDA

View Full Version : Sarees

Angela Burke
07-23-2005, 04:00 AM
I've always admired Indian sarees, so flowing and femmine.
Anyone wear them?
Where do you go about buying and how do you you put one on?
Looks a bit complicated.

Love Angela xx

Tristen Cox
07-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Not too complicated but I don't have one to give you advice, however I found a few places that sell them for a good price online:

http://www.eshakti.com/clothsrpage.asp?catalog=Clothes&cate=Faux+Crepe+Sarees+-+Printed&pagecount=1&from=TS
http://www.indiangarment.com/myshop/newindex10.htm

Mx Justina
07-23-2005, 05:02 AM
I'm used to using loose halters and long sarong-like fabrics when I'm indoors (find even loose pants uncomfortibly confining)...but never have had the pleasure of wearing a saree. I think they would be ideal for private situs and at least some public events where colorful, exotic and trendy dress fits the feel of the social function.

Looking at the pictures I would say that such long flowing and naturally fitting garments (and time-tested also) should find wide acceptance within the trans lifestyle. At least for picture image potential, I'd like to own one.

Justina

LouiseCassell
07-23-2005, 06:07 AM
I had the pleasure of watching a friend of mine put one on once and she assured me as she did it that it was not difficult to do - however it certainly looked complicated to me - but I guess its like anything - if you do it often enough it soon becomes easy

norbie
07-23-2005, 06:47 AM
:) Its not so bad my Dear.
Your best advise is: google: saree wear, plenty advise how to tie a saree.
I am the lucky one, my wife is Indian from Singapore. I "borrow" some of her Sarees. Pssst!
But one thing you should change from the Google advise is, don't wear the Pettycoat on the waist, tie it very tied on your hips. This is why young Indian girls look sooo good, because blouse ends below bust and saree start on hips, it leaves us a beautyful waist to admire.
The way you walk is to kick the folds in your front with every step, if you tied it nice it will swing great with your hips.
Now a little photo to rise your appetide for your saree.
Love Norbie :)