PDA

View Full Version : Before you put anything on what was your thought about the idea?

angpai30
10-13-2009, 03:51 AM
When I first started dressing at age 5 my initial thought was "I have no friends and it seems that the girls are more prone to have friends; mostly girls. Why not try to dress and be like them and I will have more friends than I could handle?" Which is funny because I kept my crossdressing a secret; as well as I could anyways. My initial thought now is not to dress to be a girl, but to express myself and to relieve stress because it feels good to put on a dress when I come home, look in the mirror and see beauty instead of the every day norm... So what were you thinking when you first started and how has it progressed over the years?

Hannah~~

mklinden2010
10-13-2009, 06:10 AM
That's all.

Just the thought, "I think I would like to..."

Life is for living, live.

melissacd
10-13-2009, 06:15 AM
I have always gravitated towards things that are considered feminine so for me it was about self expression. It was not necessarily a way to gain more friendships. I did though envy what outwardly appeared as more intimate types of friendships than males typically have. They seemed to be able to bond and share in a way that I could only hope for. Now that I am a near full time cross dresser I have found that I have a level of expression that I love and friendships that are closer to what I wished for when I was younger.

Barbara918
10-13-2009, 06:56 AM
At age 8 or so, all I knew was -- there were 3 others in my family (mom, dad, brother) & 2 of them had habits I didnt like.

PretzelGirl
10-13-2009, 08:29 AM
In the beginning, I was more thinking about what it would feel like. That kind of thinking still exists when I try something new, but in general it now is more about relaxation.

StaceyJane
10-13-2009, 09:26 AM
When I first tried on my mom's clothes I was about 12 years old. I did it because I wanted to be a girl. Today I'm wearing my own female clothes but I'm still doing because I want to be a girl.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
10-13-2009, 09:30 AM
My best friend when I was a little kid was a girl, and I remember always seeing her wear tights and skirts and wanting to wear them too and not really understanding why I couldn't just because I was a boy.

Charis
10-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Aside from occasionally "slipping up" and wearing siblings/girlfriends clothes while they were not there, I never really wore womens clothes when I was younger, it was always more of a fantasy.

That said, I know that I've mentioned over the years to people, that I thought guys clothes were really boring, and lamented the fact that women got to wear much better clothes.

Karren H
10-13-2009, 10:37 AM
"That feels nice". Obviously I didn't put a lot of thought into it..... So call me a simpleton!! Lol

Jill
10-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Since I had had fun when I wore one of my sisters old, tattered, ugly dresses on a dare I decided that it would be fun to put on one of the pretty dresses that my sisters wear to church. I remember thinking that I wanted to try on something prettier.

Lorileah
10-13-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't think I thought. I just liked the way it looked.

tommi
10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
loving the feeling of moms nylons
the old loggs that came in the plastic egg shell

sherryleigh
10-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I started trying on panties and hose at age 12, it felt so good and comfortable. When I discovered bras, skirts, dresses and make-up there has been no stopping me.

Charleen
10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
For the first 8 years of my life 90% of my friends were girls.:D My Mom worked nights in a dress shop so I spent alot of time with her as my Father got home late from his day job. My mom was always dressed nice for work and I remember watching get ready. Between my Mom and growing up around girls in frilly things (the 50's after all) I knew I wasn't a boy and didn't want to be a boy and didn't feel like a boy when my Dad tried to do "guy" things with me. I didn't care about sports or anything else manly except cars.
I played dress up with the girls when I was at their house and their Mom's didn;t say a thing and surprisingly my Mom didn't get upset when she heard. :thumbsup:
What was I thinking? When I first tried my Mom's heels at the age of 3 was that I'm a girl and should be dressed like one!:D

TxKimberly
10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I also started at around 5. I was told since as far back as I can recall that I was supposed to be born a girl. The Dr's had told my mother that I was girl, everyone accepted that, and then I blew them all outta the water by being born a boy (well, sort of . . . )
In my fathers home (where I was living at that age) the girls were treated reasonably well, and the boys were treated like dirt.
Ultimately, I just had to know what I would have looked like, what I would have felt like, had I actually been born female.

Rebecca Jayne
10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
It looks pretty
Feels soft
Tried it
Liked it

And the rest is history.

tinalynn
10-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't really remember anything about why I started, just that I always thought that my mom's and sister's dresses were pretty and I liked the way they felt and looked on me. I've always been a little jealous of girls because of what they get to wear... It's like an old snapshot you see in a picture album that brings back a few memories - not too much detail, but warm and fuzzy nonetheless.

angpai30
10-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Thank you all for your replies; it kinda makes me feel like I put a lot more into the thinking bit of it than I should have at a very young age. Maybe I am a little too analytical.

Hannah~~

dogadeniz
10-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Mine started with puberty as I remember. My face looked like a teen girl even without any makeup. Bones were not fully developed at that age so my body was also very very similar to a girl.

I thought I really need to get dressed and watch myself on the mirror. While watching, it was making me really excited. :))kinky:))

Starling
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I didn't think. I was inescapably drawn. It felt good and natural. It still feels better every time. I can breathe.

:) Lallie

Teri Jean
10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I liked the feel and the look of the dress and the bras and now I'm transgender and living it everyday. It doesn't go away but it does get better.

Teri

Jennifer Silverstone
10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
I started dressing as soon as I was old enough to put clothes on unassissted. Definately pre school. I don't recall thinking about it before I started, I just did it and it felt perfectly natural (bra, pants full slip and tights, at age four!). On a semi regular basis too, whenever the opportunity arose. I have long believed in rreincarnation, and although I have no specific memories of a past life, I believe I was a woman before, and my dressing arose out of subconcious memories of everyday routines like getting dressed in female attire. I have always been drawn to more everyday female clothes rather than the glam stuff (though I like that side too), and I believe this is a holdover from my previous existence. I just want to be an ordinary woman... again!:daydreaming::):battingeyelashes:

CamilleLeon
10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I'd wanted to long before I ever actually tried it. I'd always seen TV shows and movies in which male characters disguised themselves as women and for some reason that connected with me and I wanted to dress like a woman too...the first time I did it tho my mom's clothes didnt fit me well...but I thought they felt nice!

tuck n9ne
10-13-2009, 05:16 PM
i dunno what i thought i was just drawn to it when i was younger

Toni_Lynn
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh a psychologist would love me for what I'm about to say. My thoughts when I first started dressing, when I first put on a pair of panties, when I first put on a bra that was my size and fit me -- as I was at age 13 -- was that I, too, wanted to be special like the girls I went to school with and like my sister.

I saw all these ads on TV or in magazines like Seventeen about how great it was to be a girl, about what a special time it was being a teenage girl, etc etc -- and contrasted them with -- gee Johnny a nifty new pocket knife! ads in Boys Life. Well, you get the picture.

I guess I figured that if I dressed like a girl, I could feel that specialness, too. I could feel how good it was to be a girl. And you know what -- I did :)

It makes me cry when I think about it, and the way I was abused for just wanting feel special and good about myself.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Carly D.
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
I can't say what it was at the very first time when I put anything on.. truth is I thought that what women got to wear just looked cooler than what men wore... I thought it sure will be cool to finally wear those clothes when I get old enough to.. but boys don't wear those clothes, and I kept hoping that I would get to.. I as well felt like it was a huge NO NO to wear these clothes openly.. so as well I kept my feelings hidden and my clothing hidden (was found several times but never punished).. and I feel the same way, when I dress up it is just to feel better about myself.. I have no girlfriend and have found that I seem to repulse women.. all I have to do is walk in a room full of good looking women and they part for me... so after a while I just accepted that I am my own girlfriend.. accepted and move forward..

Diane Smith
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
There was no rational or verbal thought process involved, I just knew that I wanted to wear high heels, stockings, skirts and earrings (in about that order as my interest progressed in the early years). I didn't think at all about how it would affect my life, or anyone else's, for good or bad.

- Diane

crossdrezzer1
10-14-2009, 05:48 AM
my first time was this looks pretty and feels pretty,,bet it would feel good wearing it and then poof,,its on me

aggi123
10-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I did when I was 9 out of curiosity on what it would feel like. Now I would just rather feel pretty than handsome.

Zoiq
10-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Hard to explain, but for me it was that I felt like I was never as rough as boys were, never felt like it was ' right ' for me combined with what I can only describe as a big interest in female attire and wanting to see what it would feel like to wear female cloths and be a girl.

My curiousity over the years has taught me that I am softer and more sensitive than most men I know, and sometimes wish to express myself as being a part of the softer gender.

Randee
10-14-2009, 11:47 AM
I was 9 and curious how the girls felt be encased from head to toe in their tights at school and their leotards and tights in dance class. I finally located my sister's dance bag where she kept her dance wear. One day a week, while mom and sis were at Girl Scouts I would have the house to myself.

I had this tingly feeling all inside me riding home from school with my friends in my carpool. They had no idea that I would soon be undressing and changing into a pair of my sister's silky panties. Then I would be slipping into her dance tights and then zipping me into her leotard. How embarassed I would be if they saw me mincing about the house admiring my image in the mirror dressed like my sister for her ballet class, wondering what it was like for her to ride in the car to class wearing just that outfit.

I knew something was wrong about this feeling and what I was doing. But I was obsessed with this curiosity. I loved the all over squeeze of the leotards on my body especially in certain boy areas. I was terrified that I might get caught, and worried that I might not be able to reach back to release the back zipper, or worse yet, that the zipper would get stuck with me in them. It did a couple of times but I always got free. I jumped every time I heard a car drive by or a door slam.

So for me it was a mix of nervous titillation and curiosity of the feminine.

Kate Simmons
10-14-2009, 11:55 AM
I dunno, sounds like a lot of over thinking about it Hon.I never really thought about it. The idea of it just seemed right.:)

Farrah
10-14-2009, 12:01 PM
When I first started dressing, i started wearing slips and maybe other intimates. However, my thoughts were just that I love the feel of the garment. When I started fully dressing, maybe around the age of 9, I really dont know what my thoughts were. I know that I liked it an it made me feel so girly. Now, my thoughts are just the feel of feminity. Its feels like I can be free of being the macho man that i portray on a day to day. THere are no words for the feeling. I simply love it!!

Frédérique
10-14-2009, 12:30 PM
My initial thought now is not to dress to be a girl, but to express myself and to relieve stress because it feels good to put on a dress when I come home, look in the mirror and see beauty instead of the every day norm... So what were you thinking when you first started and how has it progressed over the years?

Hi Hannah! Doesn’t it feel wonderful to put on a dress? It definitely relieves stress, that’s for sure. In my case, since there are no girlfriends around, I dress to become my own girlfriend. Then, quite politely, I dump the male side of me and think girly thoughts – once again, I’m alone, but in a different space. That’s what I was thinking when I first started, and I still do that – I know I can travel to this magical place any time I wish. I’ve “heightened” everything over the years, just in an attempt to increase pleasure – some day I may meet myself on one of my “trips,” far out… :Peace::twirl:

Sherry-Stephanie
10-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I went to the wife with the idea...my thoughts were I wanted to do it as realistically as possible and then see how it turned out....

My first putting something on that was definately the "femme" was my first wig....and when I did my first thought was "Oh my god....this is going to be bad"!!!!!

However, when things all got put together it was OK in the begining...and over time refinements were made and skills got better and this is where I'm at now....still got room to progress but from the first moment to now well it
's been a journey....

BLUE ORCHID
10-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Who knows what goes on in a 6 year old's mind for
me that was 61 years ago.
I guess my thoughts were if it feels good do it so I did.
When you get this figured out let all of us know.
.................................................. ................thanks...........ORCHID

docrobbysherry
10-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Well, in MY case, it almost WAS!:eek: I was over 50.

First, I just wanted to see if I could cram my body into those size 9 ladies jeans!:D

Then, just wanted to see if I could snap and zip them up!:brolleyes:

Then, I couldn't breath, and they were so tite I couldn't sit down!:o

It was all DOWN HILL from there!:doh:

angpai30
10-14-2009, 09:36 PM
It seems that only a few of us thought anything when we actually first started which is interesting because most of us just put on the clothes because it seemed intersting and wanted to look pretty ourselves!! I definately have evolved into wanting to look pretty and look more feminine, I love looking pretty in a dress; i also love shirts, skirts, pantyhose and bra's.

Hannah~~

MissyW
10-14-2009, 10:59 PM
At first it was curiosity, which move to an acceptance to dress. Now days its relaxning and maybe a bit comforting.

ArleneRaquel
10-15-2009, 06:06 AM
"That feels nice". Obviously I didn't put a lot of thought into it..... So call me a simpleton!! Lol

Simpleton Karren Hutton ? I doubt it. I have always loved the feeling that womans clothes brings to my body. :battingeyelashes:

Terri Andrews
10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
At the age of five ,I am not sure how much thought I put into anything .
My first item was a pair of shoes and when I found them I just knew that I had to put them on . It has felt right every since .

Charla McBee
10-15-2009, 07:39 PM
I saw a commercial, oddly for a shooter video game, where a woman slowly slips on a stocking. My thought was "I wonder what that feels like, I want to try it just once." :heehee: That was so amazing that I had to find some heels, then a skirt, and then I certainly had to complete the outfit, right?

That was a great video game too, by the way, still fun over ten years later and not just because of it's commercial getting me into this mess.

terry29
10-15-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I was thinking; god I hope nobody comes home,god I hope nobody knocks at the door,.... how do I straighten up this bra,... ohhhhh, I love this!!!!

yeah,.... that's the feeling I had then,... it's still the feeling I have now (except I can fasten the bra without fumbling *LOL*)

Charla McBee
10-17-2009, 04:03 AM
I'm pretty sure I was thinking; god I hope nobody comes home,god I hope nobody knocks at the door,.... how do I straighten up this bra,... ohhhhh, I love this!!!!

yeah,.... that's the feeling I had then,... it's still the feeling I have now (except I can fasten the bra without fumbling *LOL*)

That was my 3rd through 500th thought after my first few. Would you beleive I started in an unlockable basement? Let me tell you, I became an expert at changing clothes in 30 seconds or less in those early days, as soon as I heard the front door.

Kinky with Ink
10-17-2009, 04:28 AM
I started when I was about 6. To tell you the truth I looked more like a girl back then then a guy with my fair complextion and natural long bleach blonde hair. I've grown up wishing I was born a female so I could live the way I felt about myself on the inside all my life. Now I'm 25 and the feminine side of me has been coming out more and more. I've always been more sensitive and caring then most guys in all of my relationships. I wear the clothing because it outwardly expresses how I feel on the inside.

PatriciaT
10-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I wanted to dress as far back as I can remember. I though girls clothing looked so nice and comfortable, so natural. When I started to dress the clothes really did look nice, felt comfortable and natural, just as I had thought. This was me and how I was meant to be!

weekend woman
10-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Earliest memories, around 3 or 4 yo, I would watch my mother get dressed for work and would wonder what it was like to wear a skirt. I didn't act on my feelings until about 13 or 14. While out sick and home alone I went into our storage room and tried on a blue knit dress with 3 buttons on each shoulder. Now I knew and embarked on a life long journey of dressing and discovering who I am.