PDA

View Full Version : Has it ever happened to you?

sherryleigh
10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Maybe it's my body or long hair I don't know but clerks, bartenders, salespeople and other strangers have confused me for a woman while in drab. I work in construction and have gone into bars or stores after work dirty and sweaty and get asked "how can I help you miss" or " get this girl a drink on me". It doesn't happen everyday but it has happened occassionally. Just asking.

Persephone
10-13-2009, 06:44 PM
It doesn't happen everyday but it has happened occassionally. Just asking.

It pretty much happens to me all the time! O.K., sometimes I'm looking for it, I guess. Like today, I was out and about with no makeup, no boobs nor bra, but wearing a femme t-shirt, jacket and jeans with 3" wedge shoes, and my purse slung over my shoulder.

But it happens to me even when I'm not trying. I love it! But my spouse isn't always too happy about it. Fortunately, for some reason, it doesn't seem to happen too often when we are out with muggles who don't know about my crossdressing.

NV Susan
10-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey Girl, if you do that good in drab........you must be a knockout when dressed!!!
You lucky girl you:bighug:.....Susan

sherri52
10-13-2009, 06:53 PM
You must be fantastic when dressed. A ten yr old girl called me miss once. I have long hair and was wearing a beret with a rose on it (solid black). When I turned around to face her she pulled a home alone and couldn't say how sorry she was.

Ashley_in_Texas
10-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Me? HAHAHA!! I should be so lucky. Must be super easy for you to pass.

SweetCaroline
10-13-2009, 06:57 PM
I get "mam" and "miss" quite a bit, especially when seen from behind (I have long have and I'm somewhat smallish for a man). Tho I usually have enough facial have when in drab mode to prevent any face to face confusion.

At least once I've been hit on by a guy while I was in drab, but he was severely intoxicated. Still, he persisted for a good five minutes before going away and never once questioned my gender. It's nothing I care to go through again, but I guess it's a compliment.

tinalynn
10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Never happened to me in person. Over the phone, though, it happens quite often. Which is odd because I don't really have a female voice. It's a bit higher and softer than most mens, but still...

Miranda09
10-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Yep...it has happened to me on occasion, tho the last time it occurred, I had a moustache!!! They saw me from behind and my longish hair. I was on a date and the waitress came over and asked..."What can I get you ladies?" Should've seen the look on her face when she saw me full on!! :D

Brina Halloween
10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
It has happened a couple times to me. Several years ago, late night in a grocery with a gg friend. Just a couple weeks ago in wally world as well by a manager as well. I probably had ladies jeans on but, I wasn't even wearing wedges :eek: I guess my hair is finally getting long enough. :D

Since your a member here, consider yourself blessed.

Persephone
10-14-2009, 01:34 AM
But it happens to me even when I'm not trying. I love it! But my spouse isn't always too happy about it. Fortunately, for some reason, it doesn't seem to happen too often when we are out with muggles who don't know about my crossdressing.

Only it did happen tonight. We met a GG friend of ours for dinner, someone who is pretty rigid about gender roles. I was in "macho" mode, wearing a guy's dark green polo shirt and a leather jacket. My spouse and I were facing the waitress. She walked over and said, "What would you ladies like to drink?"

AndroRemi
10-14-2009, 01:39 AM
I've got a very lithe figure and am pretty androgynous even when I'm in Remy mode, but I frequently get ma'am'd and miss'd. Then again, my body language is usually what people pick up on as even when I'm feeling masculine I'm very reserved and quiet. That could be what people pick up on when they confuse us, not just on appearance.

DonnaT
10-14-2009, 02:23 PM
It has. Even though I am overweight, and my hair was not long. My wife wonders why too, because neither of us can figure out why. Must be a vibe?

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I wish salespeople, delivery men would think I'm a girl when I'm in drag. :sad: :love: :battingeyelashes:

Charleen
10-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Yep. About once a week. Ain't it great?!

Taylor186
10-14-2009, 03:37 PM
never

Karren H
10-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah right..... I'm surprised anyone thinks I'm a woman when out enfemme..

Marcyme
10-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Happens fairly often. Just yesterday at work. I was even in a shirt and tie! I do have my hair in a femme a-line bob and small gauge hoops in my ears. But, I even get it in a ballcap and tshirt. I LOVE it, wife doesn't like it so much.

az_azeel
10-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Used to happen a few times in my younger days when i had long hair... always from the back though... because my beard was as long as my hair at the time :heehee: (think ZZTop)..

Kristy_Iowa_CD
10-14-2009, 10:04 PM
They saw me from behind and my longish hair

When I was much younger (and had long hair) I had this exact same thing happen to me several times. Someone would see me from behind, while I was in drab, and mistake me for a woman.

This always shocked me because I do not consider myself passable because of my size (think football player). However, years later my stylist once commented on how thick and nice my hair was and she remarked that she would have loved to have seen it when it was long (her exact words were - it must have been gorgeous).

Unfortunately, now I have to keep it short because of my job :(

Adelaide
10-14-2009, 10:35 PM
You are so lucky!
I unfortunately cannot have long hair (job requirement)...but sure wish I could!
A.

Rachel_Red
10-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Yeah right..... I'm surprised anyone thinks I'm a woman when out enfemme..

I dunno from your pictures you look like you pass big time to me, I can only hope to get that close as I try more.

jennifer easton
10-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah, it happens to me all the time!!!! IN MY DREAM'S!!!!!!!!!! Jennifer

Ann Thomas
10-15-2009, 01:44 AM
I get called Ma'am alot actually, but only on the phone. For some reason I come across that way. For years I'd get embarrassed and correct the person, but not any more, since I came to accept myself for who I am.

Hugs,
Ann

Suzy Harrison
10-15-2009, 04:18 AM
It only ever happened to me once just before I went full time. I was in a fast food resturant and noticed a little girl staring at me. She asked me the line straight out of the film TransAmerica:

"Are you a girl or a boy?"

Since I was dressed as a guy I replied "A boy". But I then asked her why she thought I looked like a girl - she simply said "Your eyes"

underxera
10-15-2009, 04:36 AM
Reading through everyone's posts, I see a common thread that long hair, especially from behind, seems to be the feminizing factor. Unfortunately for me I cut off a lot of my longer hair. Fortunately for me, I still get a few random ladies' comments. The thing is, I have a very stocky and stout frame. I don't see too many ladies built like a fullback; short maybe this one :P

AndroRemi
10-15-2009, 05:26 AM
underxera, honestly, the larger you become, the more androgynous your figure becomes. The idea of curves goes out the window with both male and female figures and the only thing that really makes a large fat man and a large fat woman different from each other is the size of their breasts (which can be close anyway) and the hairstyle. I'm not implying that you're by any means large, or anyone else that reads this, but that is working in your favor to some degree when it comes to passing.

TxCassie
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Although this never happen to me in person, over the phone, I have always been confused with a woman. Almost 100%, both men and women will address me as Ma'am or Ms. before they catch themselves. Even when the person on the other side is aware they are speaking to a male, they forget the fact and respond to the sound of my voice and use feminine saluations. Most apologize. I believe it's my Texas twang along with a bit of a softness and higher than average pitch in my voice that when projected over anything electronic, sounds feminine.

I used to get extremely offended and upset when this occurred and the fact that it happens almost 100% made me fell horrible. When I was younger, I despartely tried to be as masculine as possible because I feared the terrible secret inside me would be revealved if I "relaxed" and be myself. So, when people over the phone would address me as female I was devasted because I could not control their response as they were responding to what they heard.

Of course over the years, I've come to accept it and now even enjoy it, ever since I allowed Cassie to emerge.

As many of us gals here, I too have a stocky, muscular male body, so a phyiscal mis-interpretation probably will never happen. However, I have had more than a few male acquaintences make the comment that I giave a feminine aura in attitude and general presenation. I don't think my behavior is overtly feminine but I think the feminine side of my personality, soul, comes out if ever so subtlely.

Other than being found in an unpleasant or dangerous situation, take it as a compliment and enjoy it hon. You may make a new firend.

Cassie

JennyS.
10-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I used to work on a Military Base. I allowed my hair to grow a little bit long.... Got called ma'am quite often. Don't know if they were just sassing me, but I always suspected that was the case.

Rachel Morley
10-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Getting mam'ed in boy mode? ... yes it does happen, but not that often (unfortunately). I'm a small person (5ft 4ins - 130lbs) and I always wear women's jeans, tees, hoodie, and tennis shoes with a plain khaki baseball cap. You can tell they're women's clothes. It's quite amazing really as I don't tuck, my chest is flat, I don't wear any makeup, yet sometimes I get mam'ed. Do people really put that much emphasis on clothes? :thinking: I find it quite funny and little bit thrilling if and when it happens. :)

lottarosie70
10-17-2009, 12:25 PM
happens to me all the time...but only from behind...the almost waist length hair helps. of course when i turn around and they see the beard, well. . . the funniest one to me was when a young lady working at a restaurant came up behind my gf and i and said "what can i get you ladies?" then she saw my face...she was mortified, and almost over the top in her apologies. i told her it was no problem, that it happened often, and she said something like the effect that she should have known because, "...my dad has long hair like yours." at that time i realized (yet again) that i am no longer young. lol. it amuses me still.