PDA

View Full Version : She's gone

Leanne2
10-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Today I drove thirty miles to my salon for my hair appointment. When I arrived the salon owner told me that Amanda didn't work there any more. They would have called me but they didn't have my phone number. The owner told me that she and Amanda had had words so they parted ways. Now Amanda works in a salon that is much too close to where I live.
I asked the owner if she could do my hair. She had time so she waxed my brows and then cut and styled my hair. It was OK but Amanda was magic. Some hairdressers have that magic touch. Amanda was only the second person that I knew that had that touch, and I have had many hairdressers in the last 40 years.
The owner gave me Amanda's cell number so I can call her. I did call but had to leave a message. Now I don't know what to do. I can't risk going to the new salon. Too many people know me around here. Sorry that this post isn't much fun but I'm kind of bummed out right now. Leanne2

April Renee
10-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Leanne, you should try getting ahold of her via cell phone and tell her your sorry to hear she isn't at that salon, then explain your situation to her and see if she is willing to work after hours or possibly from her home. Most can and some do.Good luck to you!
April

sherri52
10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Since she is closer, when she does call back explain your situation and see if she will come to your house.

Leanne2
10-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks girls. I hope I can work something out with her. Leanne2

TJ Tresa
10-15-2009, 08:23 AM
My dear Leanne, there is not a single thing I can add to what has already been said. I think that it would be advisable for you to contact here. If not for the hair to make sure she doesn't live near enough to expose you by accident.

tamarav
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Many hairstylists stay in the same salon for years and years, while others seem to float from salon to salon. I speak for personal knowledge and from being a stylist. Every salon I work in has turnover and many times if I am out of a salon for a couple of weeks I see new faces for 50% of the staff. We are a very mobile group.

Many stylists do "click" with their clients and seem to understand and provide exactly what the client wants, creating a strong bond, while others merely cut hair and chew gum.

Lots of stylists will work outside the salon and garner the entire cuting or styling fee rather than the commkission method that they receive at a salon (if they are on commission) However, there are lots of stylist out there and each one got into this business because of their love of the industry, so give another one a chance. He or she may become the greatest stylist you have ever known, but if you go into it with a closed mind, they will never be any good to you.

Stylists are simply artists waiting for a canvas to work on. Give them a chance, communicate what you want and take a picture if you can find one that expresses your desired look.

OK, rant over

boardpuppy
10-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Leanne,
I understand what you are saying about your stylis. I have had to go outside my community to find good mani/pedi tecks. A good stylis is out there, it may take a little time to find them. Good luck.

Hugs,
Alice

FluffyPersian
10-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I agree with asking if she can work out of her home. Stylists usually like to do this as they don't have to give a cut (no pun intended) to the salon. Also, you can rent a cheap hotel room. In both cases, though, you'll have to wash your hair on your own since there will be no shampoo sink.

Good luck!