PDA

View Full Version : My poor mom

kellycan27
10-15-2009, 01:32 AM
After years of my mom's not accepting or acknowledging my being transsexual she has finally begun to come to grips. It was right around Memorial Day of this year that she began to give me my props. She had always sworn never to call me "Kelly". This morning she called and asked if I would like to join her for lunch and I accepted. While we were waiting to be seated we ran into an acquaintance of hers, a woman and her husband. After the woman introduced my mother to her husband, my mom turned and introduced me to the couple. This is my "daughter", "Kelly" . We exchanged pleasantries and they went about their business. Once we were seated I was just sort of looking at my mom and she said........... Wipe that silly grin off your face! I couldn't exactly introduce you as my son with that dress,make-up and your boobs half hanging out could I? I just shrugged my shoulders.. We both had a good laugh and a very pleasant afternoon.

Christina Horton
10-15-2009, 01:39 AM
All right girl friend. My mom just recently accepted my CDing to . When I was at my 20th high school reunion. Plus we just 4 days after that we went shopping too. I wrote all about it if you'd like to read it. My mom was the same way too . It took her 17 years to "come to grips" with it. Don't it feel gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooood!!!.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:heehee::heehee::heehee::h eehee: Congrats on your moms acceptance hun Way to go!!!

Persephone
10-15-2009, 01:40 AM
After years of my mom's not accepting or acknowledging my being transsexual she has finally begun to come to grips.

That is so great, Kelly! Wonderful!

Kathi Lake
10-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Hey Kel!

Yeah,I had a feeling it was more of a social thing than her coming around. Still, I bet it felt great to hear phrases like "my daughter," "Kelly" and "your boobs." :)

Kathi

Sarah Doepner
10-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Congratulations Kelly. patience seems to be a virtue worth cultivating and love will find a way eventually to open eyes and hearts. It's nice to see that your Mom is ready to learn to enjoy her daughter. Best of luck to both of you.

joannemarie barker
10-15-2009, 01:50 AM
aaaaw that's fantastic :) if that had been a scene in a film I would be sobbing :)

Elvira
10-15-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm so happy for you Kelly! Just remember that the bond between a mother and her child is unbreakable! Your mom had to finally come to terms with who you are!

Rogina B
10-15-2009, 04:29 AM
I am sure that the moment was priceless.Did you get to talk about your feelings of being Kelly and what your future holds? And you have a fiance...you are bringing her a Son in Law!!!! Something not every mother expects!!:eek:

ArleneRaquel
10-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Kelly,
Your story really touched my heart. :)

Karren H
10-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Awww. That was sweet!!

Laura_Stephens
10-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Kelly, so happy for you -- jealous, too.

Miranda09
10-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Yea for you Kelly. It's a hard adjustment for your mom, but she seems to be dealing with it very well and is finally accepting you for who you really are. :)

äna
10-15-2009, 07:05 AM
congrats kelly your family is starting to accept you for who you are I'm happy for you (a little jealous but) :hugs:

PretzelGirl
10-15-2009, 07:39 AM
That's awesome Kelly! I suspect if she can do it there, she will be doing it in private at some point. Maybe you keep taking her out to lunch with friends so it becomes second nature. :heehee:

carrie-ann
10-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Congtrats work in progress.

Andy66
10-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Yay Kelly and Kelly's Mom! Sometimes we moms have a hard time seeing our kids the way they see themselves. On some level you will probably always be her baby. :)

TJ Tresa
10-15-2009, 08:09 AM
congratulations Kelly, I'm sure it felt great to have your Mom address you as here daughter dispite the circumstances. It may seem like a small step but I believe that there will soon be more, maybe even larger ones. Hang in there.

LisaM
10-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Congrats, Kelly! That was both a heartwarming and funny story.

TxKimberly
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Either way, it seems to me that it's a step in the right direction - congrats!

jennifer easton
10-15-2009, 09:42 AM
To cool Kelly!!that has to be one of those moment's that will be in your heart for ever!!

SherriePall
10-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Good for you, Kelly! Hope this is the beginning of your mom's acceptance.

Teri Jean
10-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Very nice and you never know but mom may be melting a little.

Teri

docrobbysherry
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Sounds like she STILL may be disapproving!:sad:

Maybe if U switched to size "C" forms?:brolleyes:

kellycan27
10-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Sounds like she STILL may be disapproving!:sad:

Maybe if U switched to size "C" forms?:brolleyes:

She's working on it. For 10 years we didn't see eye to eye,but for the last few months she's been a lot better. Rome wasn't built in a day. I haven't received any negative comments from her in months. We have even been shopping together. I have realized that I have to do my part as well in trying to understand that this isn't easy for her either.

Size "c" forms........... on top of my size "c" implants? A bit over the top maybe? :heehee:

Sheila
10-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Kelly :) for you and :hugs: for your mom :hugs:

Eleanor M
10-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm happy for you.

Angel.Marie76
10-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Congrats on the god day with your mom, I imagine that was an incredible feeling to be with you mother that day. :hugs: It's such stressful moments, interacting with the folks before they 'accept' who you/we really are, it's a blessing each day the stress lifts a little more.

Best wishes!

Kathi Lake
10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Size "c" forms........... on top of my size "c" implants? A bit over the top maybe? :heehee:". . . over the top" - that's great! :lol2:

Kathi

victoriamwilliams1
10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Well that is a good turn:) Congrats:)

terry29
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
I can't imagine coming out, let alone having someone close be, even somewhat accepting. That was a huge day and a huge victory for you!

kellycan27
10-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Thank you all for your nice replies. To her credit my mom has been trying since around Memorial Day.. We have had many talks and outings since then, I just found this latest one to be humorous. Most of her close friends already know about me without there being much fallout. She isn't really concerned about what others think. Thanks again! :hugs:
Kel

Laura Evans
10-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Kel, be happy for the both of you. So many do not and suffer because of it. I am so happy for you. My mother and father passed away many years ago and so I have not had the wonderful experience you and your mother have.:hugs:

kellycan27
10-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Kel, be happy for the both of you. So many do not and suffer because of it. I am so happy for you. My mother and father passed away many years ago and so I have not had the wonderful experience you and your mother have.:hugs:

My dad also passed away before we could resolve the issue. I don't think he hated it as much as my mom had, more going along ( with her) to preserve peace in the family. Kind of a long story, so I won't go into it now, but thank you for your kind reply.
Kelly

PhillyGuy2Girl
10-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Congrats Kelly on reaching that milestone with your Mom.She probably still has reservations but its great to know that she loves you and you'll alway be her baby.

My parents are both gone so I don't have that worry. My Mom was loving and caring, but if she knew about my CDing,she would probably be upset at first but afterwhile she would just accept it.

My Father was a kind of laid back person, so it wouldn't bother him at all.

Sammy777
10-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Sounds like it was a great time.

Glad to see that she seems to be turning that corner!

Kristen Kelly
10-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Kelly I am so happy for you. It is so hard for us sometimes to remember that having accepted ourselves it took YEARS for us to do that, and we expect everyone to do that overnight, give them time and help them, they will come around.

RachelDenise
10-18-2009, 07:23 AM
It would be nice if she continued to say that to others. At least you've finally heard it and you know how lovely it sounds!

karen68
10-18-2009, 07:26 AM
well done kelly this is a new start for babe hope you feel more relaxed and at peace with yourself. soory that you couldn't be at peace and sort it out with your dad:hugs:

Angie G
10-18-2009, 08:08 AM
That's great Kelly hope she stays that way.:hugs:
Angie

Olivia
10-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Kelly, I loved reading your story! It is great that your mom is coming around to the reality of your life. My mom wasn't happy to find out about me, just a few years ago. She called me "sick", "queer" and a few other things as well. She told my wife that if she really loved me, she would have insisted on getting 'help' for me.:straightface:

She hurt me with her failure to acknowledge who I am. I'm her only child and she has never really accepted me as Olivia. Sadly, she's now in a long-term care hospital with steadily declining health, and I guess she won't ever have to deal with my "issues" again. I can't visit her enfemme now and I guess she feels "let off the hook" now. Enjoy your mom, and just be glad that she's coming around (as I'm sure you must be!). Thanks for sharing your up-lifting tale with us Kelly.
O

Raquelle C
10-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Lol, I bet you did have a big ol' grin! Great to hear that your mom is warming up to her daughter, I'm happy for ya! :)

Midnight Skye
10-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Way too cool Kelly, I'm very happy for you and your mother. Family can be so wonderful when things work out.

windycissy
10-18-2009, 03:41 PM
That's wonderful, your mom hasn't lost a son, she's gained a daughter!

Shelly Preston
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Glad to hear you had a good laugh about it

I am sure it will be a moment you will never forget :)

Carole Cross
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Congrats Kelly. I am lucky to have my parents support but they are still finding it a little difficult to adjust thinking of me as their daughter.

Hali
10-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh Kelly am so happy for u, its not easy to have such a break-through with a mum. congrats.

Karen564
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Wipe that silly grin off your face! I couldn't exactly introduce you as my son with that dress,make-up and your boobs half hanging out could I? I just shrugged my shoulders.. We both had a good laugh and a very pleasant afternoon.

LOL,
That's my sister!!!

Well, not blood related,,,lol

But I'm always so proud of you Kel & so happy you & Mom are getting along better..

Life is too short as it is..:hugs:

:love:

sherri52
10-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Good for you Kelly and tell your mom we love her