PDA

View Full Version : Finally bought my first makeup

aggi123
10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
The other day, I managed to go to the store and stand in the health and beauty section for about 10 minutes (i'd tried once before, but chickened out). The motivation was me telling myself to, "man up" (lol), made my selection in front of a couple of women and proceeded to the checkout.

Now as I type this, I have the whole house to myself and can't muster up the courage to actually start practicing. I need some encouragement!

Thanks, girls!

NV Susan
10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Aggi,
Congratulations on making that first big step in the cosmetics department.:thumbsup: I find if you have a list in your hand, if someone approaches you just say your shopping for your so and they will usually help you or leave you alone if you tell them your finding everything OK.
That said now it's time for you to march up to a mirror and start applying what you brought home!!! Good luck and remember it takes time and a lot of practice to get it right!!!

LOL...Susan

Elizebeth
10-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Just do it you will look great when done. You will enjoy yourself and find you can't wait till next time.

Tina B.
10-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Remember to use a moisturizer it makes it so much easer to remove it when the time comes!
Then had fun, it at first you don't succeed, then have fun, and try, try again!
Tina

Eleanor M
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Don't worry if the first time you look like a clown, your skills will improve if you just try.

Nicole Smyth
10-15-2009, 10:42 AM
I know sometimes after I buy some of my items I want to run to the register and run out of the store just as quick as I can! :o I have found that stores with the self checkouts are the easiest. But I am starting to get over my fears and just say to myself what the heck! Go for It!
Enjoy!
Nicole

rachael.davis
10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Make sure you bought eye makeup remover before you start

Now get started.

Karren H
10-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Awww. I remember buying my first makeup.. 40 years ago.. Boy did the pervert alarm go off when I walked up to the checkout! Lol. Didn't care much what other people thought back then either... Wore that blue eye shadow for 300 miles... Now its soo much easier!! And more expensive.. Once you get started you better up your limit on the VISA card and get a Sephora Friends and Family card too!

marie354
10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I remember the first time I got the courage... It was near Christmas and I picked one of those all-in-one makeup kits for teen girls. I was still nervous though, because I knew it was for me. It gave me time to try different styles and color schemes to determine what worked best for me.
Now-a-days, I just go to the makeup section in Wal-Mart and get what I want when the need arises.
I try to match my eye shadow to what I'm wearing. That seems to work for me.
I try to match my jewelry as well. Mostly silver, but sometimes gold looks better with some things.
Bracelets and rings are another thing I try to match.
I've pretty much stuck to the same shade of lipstick over the years, but I use several shades of base on my face depending on the time of year. For that, I'm now using Revlon Custom Creations 'Dial-A-Shade' to get the perfect match whatever time of the year.

victoriamwilliams1
10-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Just do it you will look great when done. You will enjoy yourself and find you can't wait till next time.

I agree! Just do it! You made the first step which is buying it:) :hugs:

Chloe Renee
10-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Good Job, the first hurdle is past you. Now the hard part, practice, don't worry there are plenty of guides and tutorials out there.

VS Fan
10-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I went through the same kind of excitement everytime I added something other than panties & tights (which is where I started) to the deal... first heels, first dress, first forms, wig etc... including makeup... the first time I put on lipstick was incredible. Best part is all these things are STILL incredible :)

VS Fan

aggi123
10-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Thanks for all of the great replies, everybody! I did manage to get some of it onto my face (not too much everywhere else LOL). Need more practice...

Tina B.
10-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Aggi, go to MAC.com they have great tutorials for different looks, it a great place to get ideas ans well as how too's!
Tina