PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any feminine hobbies ?

Courtney A Anderson
10-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I was just wondering if any body else has picked up any feminine hobbies besides shopping ? My SO got me hooked on beading jewelry and I absolutely love it. so far I made 3 necklaces 2 pare of earrings and an ankle bracelet, and have 2 more necklaces started ...need to go shopping at the bead store so I can finish those and get more supplies to start more.
I still can't believe I'm so into beading...Isn't life full of surprises :)

Karren H
10-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Ice hockey!!! We have a bunch of female players in our league!! lol I'm just one of the girls!!

Tora
10-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Shopping, and did I make note of Shopping!

Cooking. Doing my June Clever act, heels, hose, pearls, perfect hair, makeup
wonderful dress, apron.

KateSpade83
10-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Cooking is considered feminine and I'm really digging it! I make such great brownies and Carrot Cake that I don't bother buying these anymore! I'm building up a great cookbook library too! And I still control my eating so I don't get fat!

KristalKay
10-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I played the flute from grade school to high school because I felt different. But, that has been about 3 1/2 years and Im not doing it in college. I enjoy doing arts/crafts and cooking when I have the money and with the right person.

cd_jamie
10-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I cook when i am home.everyone loves my cooking. I have my own cook book. I taght my kids how to cook to. I need to teach my wife to...... I also sew both hand and machine..heck the sewing machine is mine my wife cant even thread it. the veggie garden is mine to. my oldest son who is TG grows flowers.

Persephone
10-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I was just wondering if any body else has picked up any feminine hobbies besides shopping ? My SO got me hooked on beading jewelry and I absolutely love it. so far I made 3 necklaces 2 pare of earrings and an ankle bracelet, and have 2 more necklaces started ...need to go shopping at the bead store so I can finish those and get more supplies to start more.
I still can't believe I'm so into beading...Isn't life full of surprises :)

Hi Lori!

It's great that you are enjoying beadwork. It is a wonderful hobby. There are some things that I would love to make (like a beadwork kippah for those who know what that is), but I tried it and, despite an excellent teacher's encouragement, I felt I just wasn't getting it. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

You may have missed the fairly recent thread on Traditionally Female Hobbies (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117068&highlight=sewing) that Daybreak started. You might find some of the posts on that thread interesting.

Here are a few of my more feminine hobbies:

Knit and hook rugs, have taken a sewing class, and love to do all of them.
Gardener and the home canner, both great fun (I make superb preserves)
Backpacker, hiker and geocacher
Scrapbook maker (a girly hobby if ever there was one!)
Do all the regular maintenance on our RV, including oil changes; less creeping under other cars as time goes by
Do 95% of the cooking and virtually all of the grocery shopping, etc.
Target and clay shooter, never have yet tried hunting, don't enjoy fishing
Active community volunteer
Active in ladies auxiliary at religious congregation
Avid reader, subscribe to Women's Day, Family Circle, InStyle People Watch (fashion mag), Women's Fitness, Women's Health and a number of other magazines.

sissystephanie
10-15-2009, 10:22 PM
I guess cooking is my most feminine hobby now. I love to cook, especially if I am all dolled up! Can't do that when I cook for my family, but of course I am always underdressed!

Back in the 1970's when my late wife and I lived in Seattle, we both did a lot Jewelry making. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc. Whatever we thought we could sell at Street Fairs! We did sell a lot and had fun making the stuff. There were several of who worked together doing it, but I was the only man! The other ladies teased me about being "girly" for working with them! If they only knew what I was wearing for underwear!!:heehee: Of course, my darling supportive wife thought it was really funny!

angpai30
10-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Cross-stiching here!! My wife wanted me to find a hobby and got me stuck on cross-stiching though I'm not really that good at it yet and I haven't done it in over 6 months, but I think I will pick up again.

Hannah~~

windycissy
10-16-2009, 01:10 AM
I love to play Suzie Homemaker for friends, putting on my apron, setting the perfect table and fixing dinner and drinks, tonight I mixed martinis! And sewing, I had this top that didn't fit just right and yesterday I altered it with needle and thread, in a skirt, feeling very feminine....

anouk
10-16-2009, 01:22 AM
I love to cook and I always iomprovise new ways to do it!

And I do all the laundry, dusting and vacuum cleaning in our house. That I would not call a hobby though but I really like doing them when dressed.:fairy3:

PaulaJaneThomas
10-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Farting and scratching. No wonder I sometimes get mistaken for an Essex girl :devil:

DaisyG
10-16-2009, 01:55 AM
I played the flute from grade school to high school because I felt different.

I did too. The flute was definitely considered a girl's instrument in that school. Our flute section was 3 girls + me. Now, MANY years later I have brought my flute out of storage and am seriously considering having it overhauled so I can play again.

My late wife was a really good seamstress as well as interested in fashion design. I told her one of my ambitions was to learn sewing well enough to make myself some pretty dresses. But I didn't feel bold enough to take a class at a local fabric store. So she promised she would coach me, and we would start learning by making a skirt. Sadly, that was about the time her health declined, so the dream dress only remains a dream.

. . . Someday - - -! :daydreaming:

Daisy :hugs:

baby beluga
10-16-2009, 02:08 AM
talking on the phone all day

wait that's my job :(

Jessica Who
10-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Hmm, let's see ... I enjoy chick flicks..does that count?

Josey
10-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Like most, cooking meals is at the top. However, can add things like laundry, clothes mending, decorating niknacks(ie. like wine bottles), gardening, reading fem mags. to name a few. There are others but these are regular daily activities. Not into sports activities at all (NFL,NHL etc.). I cant even name one single pro player on any team.

Courtney A Anderson
10-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Hmm, let's see ... I enjoy chick flicks..does that count?

That definitely counts...and I enjoy them to...:daydreaming:

tinalynn
10-16-2009, 06:45 AM
I love to bake. Cooking for dinner is another, but since my wife doesn't cook I don't really count that one for me. I have to cook or we don't eat, so its not really a 'hobby'! Otherwise, there are lots of things I like to do, but nothing I'd really call a hobby. I'm not good at decorating or color coordination, so I just write the check when wifey wants to paint!

The one hobby that I absolutely loved was training my retrievers for field trials (and judging them). But that was never done as a girl...

TxKimberly
10-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Shopping? Collecting shoes?

Samantha Kelsey
10-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Lori, you should talk to my girlfriend/partner Katy Dee. She's really into the jewellery making.

SheriM
10-16-2009, 09:12 AM
I know that you said "besides shopping", however, I have no interest in shopping for male stuff but just can't wait until I can go shopping again for womens clothes, whether it be bra and panties or jeans (love the low rise jeans) and tops and shoes. It's one of my greatest pleasures.
SheriM

Kate Simmons
10-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Females don't have hobbies per se, they have activities.:)

mklinden2010
10-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't know if I have any feminine hobbies, or, if anyone does.

Perhaps a definition of terms then?

I cook, clean, sew, make and repair things. Do stuff myself to save money, for convenience sake and/or "the personal touch... Everyone I know does. What's the big whoop?

Very few things are really tied to gender or sex. Much depends on the culture and some are exactly backwards to western culture. But, that's a flaky way to define something.

If, for example, cooking is limited to "women's things," then all you people cooking and/or wearing women's clothes are in the wrong in just about everything that you think and do.

Is that the stand you want to take with your lives?

My former wife would sometimes argue that clothing, social roles, etc. were all fundamentally dictated by the differences in male and female biology. Long story short:

"It's all about peeing, nursing, and getting pregnant. Be glad you're not stuck with all this stuff hanging off you, running out of you, all your life."

Feminine hobbies?

Culturally and socially, too often the result of "female problems."

Think about it before you slap a label on something that's neither fish nor fowl.

PhillyGuy2Girl
10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I always loved cooking,even in guy mode.My other female activities are shopping for clothes,like romantic comedies and I always liked Days Of Our Lives,but recently I gotten into,AMC,One Live To Live and General Hospital whenever I'm home.

Felicity :)

kimkat
10-16-2009, 11:12 AM
I am able to cook, I have made my own jewelry, and shopping for clothes and shoes or at least looking at them.

victoriamwilliams1
10-16-2009, 11:16 AM
For me I love shopping and collecting shoes when I have money and space:) For the most part I have no Major hobby although I cook better as a woman! Not that I am a bad cook:)

Leelou
10-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't do it anymore, but when I was between marriages I took a dance class. It was mostly jazz and ballet. I know dance isn't a purely feminine activity, but I was definitely the only guy there. It was a lot of fun and all the girls were supportive. And I got to wear tights! And yes, they were black and gender-appropriate.

tanyacross
10-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Am not sure if it counts put I have long wanted to take up ballet. I think it is the idea of dressing in a pink tutu, leotard and tights.

BLUE ORCHID
10-16-2009, 07:46 PM
My hobbies dressing like a lady and shopping for
clothes , shoes , jewelery & makeup.
.................................................. ............thanks.......ORCHID

Chloe' Buffington
10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Sewing, designing clothing, cooking, making jewlery, wig styling, photography and performing in drag shows / pagents.

sherri52
10-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I run a small thrift store and do everything myself. I have no employees. Would some of that be feminine. I cook, very well but most of your great chefs are men so that's not feminine. But I do cry at happy endings though.

kristinacd55
10-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Umm, does watching "say yes to the dress" count? I love that show and all the drama & imagining myself in one of those beautiful wedding dresses!! :daydreaming:

kymmieLorain
10-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Well it started way before I even thought about crossdressing but I sew and embroder have for years.

Kymmie Lorain

Tommie T.
10-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I also make beaded jewelry.My wife and I sell it at craft shows and home parties.Our business is called TGDesigns-our initials are T and G plus the obvious TG logo.

thongleogirl
10-20-2009, 09:01 AM
For me, it would absolutely be ballet. But, I've never had the opportunity or time...sadly.

Sarah R
11-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I am the more "girly" one between me my wife. I do alot of the domestic chores around the house along with most all the cooking. For relaxation I love to bake and am currently learning to sew. I want to get into making my own girl clothes and eventualy into designing womens clothing.

bridget jones
11-09-2009, 02:34 AM
I love to bake....to be honest I like cooking.

phoebe61
11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Besides shopping i love dressmaking , i'v made many a dress scirts for both me and my wife and cooking/backing

Kaz
11-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Sorry girls, most of these are also man hobbies (maybe not USA Macho Man hobbies) - Kaffe Fassett is one hell of a knitwear designer! And most celebrity chefs over here are male.

So yeah I love cooking, and shopping (now that is girly!)... but for me.... the defining thing is... SHOES and HANDBAGS!

:love: Kaz, well girly!

StephanieH
11-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes, I complain too much about being ignored! :):D

audreyinalbany
11-09-2009, 05:23 PM
I've always liked to sew, although I'm not very good at it. I'm pretty much limited to hemming pants or sewing on buttons. When I was a kid, I did embrodiery for awhile, which was fun.I'd love to know how to use a sewing machine so that I could make some serious clothes...
Other than that, hobbies are things like cooking, laundry and cleaning up this joint.
Most favorite hobby, although not very feminine, is, along with Karen, ice hockey...not many women in our league though....

Jonianne
11-09-2009, 05:49 PM
.......What's the big whoop?

.......that's a flaky way to define something.

.......then all you people cooking and/or wearing women's clothes are in the wrong in just about everything that you think and do.

Is that the stand you want to take with your lives?

.......Think about it before you slap a label on something that's neither fish nor fowl.

To quote "Oddball" in "Kelly's Heros":

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Myself, as an artistic skater, I love figure and dance skating! I know there are a lot of great, talented guy's in it, but overall it's a beautiful feminine sport.

AmberLynn
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Umm, does watching "say yes to the dress" count? I love that show and all the drama & imagining myself in one of those beautiful wedding dresses!! :daydreaming:

that's a great hobby :daydreaming: I like sewing a lot,but by hand. i have never been able to thread a sewing machine

Randee
11-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Jazz/Ballet in an all ladies dance class with my girlfriend, which of course made sure I came as her male friend. But they were quite supportive of me dressing in leotards and tights too and made me feel like just one of the girls while in class, admiring all of us in the big mirror. They even loaned me a wrap skirt to dance out of in the all girl number. They insisted it was better I learn the dance than stand around while they practiced. Come recital time I was excluded, but my gf did dress me in one of her sexy recital costumes to see how close i could pass. It was a bodysuit with fishnet tights,feathers, and gloves. She made up my face and posed me. I felt very girly in it. If one of the ladies had to drop out, I was ready to go and knew the dance.

Morford
11-20-2009, 02:03 AM
I've been cooking/baking since well before I started CDing.

For a slightly more "feminine" hobby, I just got a used sewing machine from eBay, and hopefully before too long I'll be making my own dresses and skirts and such, as well as some for one of my female friends (the only person I'm out to). A good way to kill some time, and probably cheaper than buying off-the-shelf, too.

Ugly Michele
11-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Does welding count?

MarciManseau
11-20-2009, 09:10 AM
We both love jewelry making, with beads, findings or Sculpie, and I've always loved to sew. I've even made a few bras and garter belts, lacy naturally, when I couldn't find one in the color I wanted. I even have books on how to make lingerie, and several rolls of lace in different colors and widths which I love to add to things I feel are too plain. After all, why wear boring undies? I doubt i ever will.

Once, when I was about 15, I hand sewed a skirt using fabric my mother hadn't used for years. I took the zipper out of an old skirt of hers that she'd set aside for Goodwill.

Hugs, Marci

AlisonRenee
11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
I cook pretty well, can sew in a pinch, and I may have a better eye for decorating than my gg GF.

Also noticed, with interest, that at least one of the ladies here has a very nice '60s musclecar - I can relate to that interest as well.

Which reminded me of a scene in "Gone in 60 Seconds", the newest version with Nic Cage. Cage and Angelina Jolie are making off with a red Hemi 'Cuda, and Jolie finds red lipstick in the console. She comments "girl car, I knew it" or something like that as she puts on the lipstick. Cage asks the significance, and she says "it matches the car".

I could do that.

Leslie Langford
11-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I used to do embroidery when I was younger.

Now I focus my efforts on shopping for my female wardrobe and finding the "perfect" outfit or pair of shoes. Needless to say, that is a moving target :D!

EveMarie
11-20-2009, 07:29 PM
The majority of my hobbies are androgynous, cooking baking, photography, Darts, Bowling, crocheting, sewing, desktop publishing (yes it is a hobby, as well as my profession) and I guess the only really "female" hobby I have is trying to get my hair to cooperate with the killer makeup look I come across, that takes up more time than anything:Angry3: