PDA

View Full Version : What was your turning point in life?

Gisele
10-16-2009, 07:46 PM
At what moment did you figure out that you were no longer a man M2F's or woman for you F2M's but a crossdresser/TG/TV/TS? I don't mean at the moment you put on your first pair of panties but later on in life that you can't fight who you really are inside.

For myself I started to dress when I was 9. I played with my cousin (boy) trying on my other cousins (girls) clothes in the basement of my grandparents house.

I really didn't get into a full swing until I was about 15 and dating girls. Ooooohhh the panties that they wore! LOL:daydreaming: I did this off and on for many years until I met Jennifer on Sept 2001. I came out to her about myself 6 weeks after we started to date. It was a gamble but I took it and I am so glad I did! After telling her we started to buy me all girl clothes and then my breast forms then the 2 wigs then make up.

I would try to be a man many times by getting more into guns and shooting. She fell in love with military weapons and it's a love we do together now.
It has not worked for my feelings. I still feel like a woman inside no matter what I do in life it seems.

I gave up on being a man about 2 years ago after just letting it just go. I don't want to fight the fight that is not worth fighting. I am being the better man (pun intended) and walking away.

I now feel so much better and like a weight had been lifted off of my chest. The only thing I have been at odd is not telling my parents and family. I would then love to come out to my work. But now days getting another job is not an easy thing to do. So, work is out of the question....for now.

So what is your turning point in life or have you even reached it yet?

:hugs:To all of the great people on the fourm!
I want to really thank all of the wonderfull GG's that are here and sticking by your man/woman.

peace to all, Gisele One happy Crossdresser:)

cd_jamie
10-16-2009, 08:03 PM
my son recently told me he wants to be a girl. I went into shock for a couple weeks and we started talking more. at this point it is out in the open with the whole family. his mother wigged out on him and called me being her usual miserable self. he is thee only one who knows of my cd'ing and he wot say a word. I felt for a long time i was in the wrong body. i think i figured out i would just stay a cd at 15.

sherri52
10-16-2009, 08:17 PM
My turning point would have to be when I was 15. I couldn't wait for a chance to dress. I slowed down when I was in the army. Basic training and Ait were dress free but that was all. I even had a chance to dress when I was in Nam, but not often and not American clothes. I never thought of having changes made but I wouldn't put it past me to live dressed as a woman if I could pass a little better. Ok alot better, but no pills, shots, implants, or gender changes of any kind. A beautiful understanding woman at my side would be the clincher.

melissacd
10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I started to dress when I was 10 years old but it was only when I had reached the fine age of 48 that I finally realized that I was a cross dresser and that it was okay to be that way. I have spent the last three years of my life slowly integrating the femme side of who I am in to my day to day life. It has been an interesting process.

Huggs
Melissa

Kristy_Iowa_CD
10-16-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't know if there really is a turning point, or maybe some people have more than one.

I started trying on my Mom's clothes when I was still in grade school (10 or 11 maybe). When I was going through puberty I was absolutely 100% convinced that I was a M2F and would end up having gender reassignment surgery when I was older. Nothing would convince me otherwise. I didn't date throughout all of high school and didn't start dating until college.

Even though I felt like I *should* be a girl, I was always attracted to GG's (on multiple levels actually - sexually, emotionally, and even some 'I wish I looked like her' stuff). After I started dating and became sexually active I realized, "I like being a guy and I like sleeping with women!". From then on I felt like I was (and still am) a crossdresser and the M2F desires are.... (struggling for the right word).. repressed?

Honestly, every once in a while (especially when I am en femme) I struggle with those feelings still. But truth be told, I could never, EVER give up being a Dad for my kids.

Turning points? I've had lots of them, and suspect I will have a lot more.

Karren H
10-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't really know... I was more like a gradual acceptance of who I was or am.. A non-event.... Completely forgettable compared to the day the doctors told me I had a brain tumor.. I will never forget that day.. Ever..

Rebecca Jayne
10-16-2009, 09:58 PM
When I was 18 and moved away from home, that era allowed me all the freedom I needed to express my inner self in all sorts of manners.
Cross dressing was one aspect, but now I could be open about it and the burdens were removed.

Shari
10-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Like most of us here, I have been dressing all my life.
Just recently, only a couple of months ago, I came to the realization that this is who I am and always will be.
A warmth flowed over me and I felt at peace with it for the first time in my life.

I think I have you girls and this forum to thank for this.
I'm okay and you're okay.

paulaN
10-17-2009, 07:38 AM
It was around the age of 45. My age had some to do with it but it was the fact that I quit drinking. You see I tried to drink that girl away. Of course that didn't work. But my sobriety is when I had to let the girl out. And she has been coming out in bits and peaces ever sence. Oh I was always a cd, more of a fetish cd. I now consider myself trans gendered and I accept it to fullest and funest digree.

Teri Jean
10-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Gisele, I flirted with CDing for years but it wasn't until my wife passed in an auto accident did the dressing really get started. I had the house to myself and the daughters were grown and on their own. The flood gates opened and the flood started. Now I live 24-7 as Teri and work has accepted me as Teri. It is early in this process but toher than a few confused looks or non-accepting stares life is good. By the way I will be 61 in a few months.

Teri

Lorileah
10-17-2009, 01:09 PM
ah such a lovely can of worms.

What I am and what I think I am or should be has changed many times. My current incarnation was my "mid-life" crisis when I was 40. But that was more a release from bonds that I had placed there myself. That is when I decided I didn't really care about how most people felt about "me".

My first revelation that I was not "average" was more like when I was 5 years old and told my babysitter that I had been born a girl and the doctors had made me a boy instead. I was convinced they had sewn me up (pretty good revelation for a boy who really had no contact with girls, I was an only child and the baby sitters children were all male), that and the fact I liked "girl things" better than boy things.

There were speed bumps between where I was hypermacho and femmie male. Maybe I am just confused

kateyliz
10-17-2009, 01:11 PM
The only time I can think of is when I found out that there were such things as crossdressers/TVs/TGs. Until then and as far back as I can remember, I just liked and wanted to wear the "pretty" clothes. Now I think I would go fulltime if I could. Hugs, Kathy

JennyS.
10-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I really thought about this... I've been dressing secretly for years. But, I have to admit that a huge turning point was joining this forum. Many of you gave me the courage to take a risk and go out enfemme. Most of my experiences were definately positive... One recent experience was horrible. The experiences many of you have while dressed inspired me to go out dressed and experience the world as a woman (or as close as I could get). I love reading about your experiences. And, I hope to add as much as I can.

Thank you ladies.

Diane Smith
10-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I have dressed up all my life, but the real epiphany hit in the summer of 1997, when I was 40 years old. I went on a trip to the Southwest and took the opportunity to get acrylic nails in a salon for the first time, shopped openly for women's clothes, and opened up to a few people I met who commented on them. When I returned home, I revealed all this to my girlfriend at the time, who immediately and without hesitation dumped me and said she wanted nothing to do with me as a girl. (The relationship was not real serious to begin with and had some problems anyway, so this was not a big emotional trauma, and I am on good terms with her today.)

Shortly after, I started going out regularly in public as Diane, bought my first corset and breast forms, began electrolysis, got some femmy tattoos, had my hair colored and styled, started getting makeup lessons ... the whole nine yards. I decided at that moment that any future love interests would have to know about Diane from the absolute beginning; even better would be to meet somebody for the first time while dressed.

I'm pretty much out and about all the time now, although not at work.

- Diane

geri-tg.
10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I have dressed in some fashion forever. My turning point was when I came oout to my wife. What a burden removed from my life. We still talk alot even though I came out 20 years ago. Life is a two way street.:)

Toni_Lynn
10-17-2009, 02:00 PM
There are actually 3 turning points in my crossdressing life. The first was getting my first bra at age 13. It was on that day, I that I first met me --- Toni-Lynn -- as she was meant to be.

The second was 19 October 1988 -- hmmm -- 21 years ago tis Monday -- when I took my last drink of alcohol -- and realised that in doing so that I could begin to love me --- Toni-Lynn -- as she was meant to be loved.

Third was meeting my wife and marrying her -- and sharing me -- Toni-Lynn -- with her -- and in doing so was able to love, the way the I should, with a complete fullness of who I am.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

TxCassie
10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Like most of us, I been dressing since I was 5 or 6. But for years, between 11 - 30, i surpressed the feelings with only intermediate occassions of some dressing.

As I hit 40yrs, I began dressing more and wearing more clothes, not just lingerie. I think when I started to wear my clothes and feel more comfortable than gulity, eventually expelling the guilt is when I recognize my realization. I guess it's part of hitting middle life. I'm at the point where I've worked many years, getting closer to retirement. All my friends have well been on their way to making their lives. I'm at a point where I want to claim my life for my own and start enjoying it as it meant be. Cassie is part of that life.

The day I started making room for my femme clothes next to my boy clothes, when caring for the clothes and wearing them like I wear my boy clothes ...that's when it happen to me. I was a crossdresser

Cassie

JiveTurkeyOnRye
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I guess I know that I'm both a man and a crossdresser. Sure, maybe I dress like women do sometimes but I'm still a man.

I guess for me the turning point was when I realized that. That I'm not doing anything wrong and I don't need to have a double identity or secret life because it's ok to be a guy who wears womens clothes.

Brenda Freeman
10-17-2009, 03:19 PM
I new I liked girls clothes from an early age but it was when I turned 50, when I tested CD positive, I do not know what it was but suddenly the urge to dress up was overwelming. I bought a wig, breast forms and soon after went to Over The Rainbow Transformations in Portland, for a dress up, make up, nails, the works session with Victoria. I spent the afternoon trying on different styles and loving every second. I finally new what I always thought, and 50 years was a long time to figure it out for certain! I think raising a family got in the way, but I am thrilled to have both so the wait was okay!

Daintre
10-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Ive been cross dressing since a very early age, it was during my teen years that i was made aware that I was a "pervert" and a great disappointment to my father. I fought this dressing hoping it would go away when I married, it didn't. My wife at the time tried to accept it, couldn't and we divorced. Her parting words were that I needed professional help. I did go to a psychiatrist for years in fact. She slowly pulled my deepest secret from me and that was I was a woman.....that was the turning point...after that we could bring Jenni out of the boarded up spot in my head and let her grow. I am much more at peace now, I know who I am and am content.

Jenniferpl
10-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Like most of us here, I started at an early age. I doubt if there was a major turning point, just gradual acceptance that I was a cross dresser. I had gone years without dressing and than one day I noticed a really sexy body shaper my wife had and all of a sudden it all started to come back, slowly though. It was probably several years before I did anything about it.

Tina B.
10-17-2009, 09:58 PM
I have dressed since early childhood, and fought it tooth and nail, then in my early thirties I just stopped fighting it, told my wife this is who I am, and have enjoyed it every since.
Tina

Gisele
10-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Wow, these are such great stories into our lives.

it seems that most of us come to peace with ourselves in our late 30's to mid 40's.

I also would like to thank this web site for my coming out and not feeling like a pervert. I am so glad that we have a place like this to talk out our lives. Maybe just maybe the average person will come to terms with who they are and enjoy the life of the "real" person that they were born into because of places like this. If they can get an early start because of us older folk telling them it's ok. Who know what we can do together. I sure wished someone told me in my teens it was ok to dress.

Keep the stories coming!

:hugs:

Sarah Doepner
10-18-2009, 12:52 AM
It couldn't be termed a turning point because I kept going in the same direction. I overcame a hurdle the day I accepted my crossdressing as just another part of my life and not something that proved I was odd or wrong or evil or anything else negative. I just was and would continue.

Kristen Kelly
10-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Like many here I had been dressing behind closed doors since early childhood. In my late 40's I had the notion that I could beat this and purged and stopped for almost a 2-year period. I really thought I had this licked, despite the fact I was depressed with my life, and where I was going. I traded 1 obsession for another and began to EAT my problems away. All you can eat buffets, ice cream sundaes, big mac attacks at 2am would make me feel better, but the X-mas pics made me see I had put on 40+ lbs. I broke down and trashed my male ego and decided to seek professional help. At this point crossdressing was a faded memory in my mind, and didn't think this was why I was depressed. It took 6 weeks for the therapist to get to know me, and how it came out I can't really say but I let it out all about what I did growing up all my life. Halloween was just a few weeks away and I started to explore the world of the Internet with my new computer. I had been out before dressed on Halloween but this year I received an invite from a Staten Island girl to go into NYC for the parade and a party. To drive in that day would be crazy so I got the courage up and took the train into the city. The day went well, parade, party, even the empty train ride into the city. Coming home the train was packed with partiers as well as concert goers returning from NYC. I survived the whole day and never felt better and Kristen didn't go back into the closet. I began to meet friends with this same interests, always pushing my comfort level 1 step farther, 4 years later although not fulltime Kristen is there everyday. My hair is now shoulder length and blonde highlighted, my eyebrows are thinned, no hair on my body year round, I wear women's jeans and small hoop earrings all the time. My mannerisms are feminine and happy with the reflection I see in the mirror without all the paint and jewelry. I now go anywhere and everywhere day or night, out to friends and neighbors.

I am PROUD of who I am and it shows in the confidence I have about myself. Accepting myself truly was the turning point of my life, more has happened quickly in 4 years to re-shape who I am than it did in the 49 years before.

Raychel
10-18-2009, 08:32 AM
For me my turning point was about 4 years ago when I told my wife about my desires to dress in womens clothes. Of course this was a dificult time in our marriage. And certainly not the best tiem to tell her this. Her father had recently been diagnosed with cancer. VERY poor timing on my part. But we did get thru it. And for the most oart she accepts this side of me. So This was a major turning point for me.

tricia_uktv
10-18-2009, 12:18 PM
When my Dad died. But he was a lovely man. It opened me up though.