PDA

View Full Version : The whole can be more than the sum of the parts.

Elaine Michelle
10-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I finally put together a more or less complete clothing outfit. It's nothing to write home about, just a skirt, heels, panties, bra, water balloon breasts (ok, I'm a beginner) and a ruffly blouse.

With no makeup or wig on, just the outfit, I looked at my upper body and face in the mirror. It was interesting, but I swear that my face looked more feminine. I had done nothing to it. Like I said it was my normal unadorned male face, but it somehow seemed more feminine.

Of course, I think my mind was absorbing the feminine cues from the ruffled blouse and the breasts and making the deduction that the face must be somehow feminine. No great surprise there. Still, it was interesting to actually witness your brain detecting and projecting those feminine cues. It certainly suggests that in crossdressing the whole can be more than the sum of the parts.

Just an observation.

Carry on.

Elaine

AllieSF
10-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Actually, I believe that we all have some feminine features in our faces. When wearing a wig which reduces the overall exposed face area, those features seem to be highlighted more. After you put on some minimal makeup and lipstick, you will really notice the difference. That is what got me hooked after I looked at the finished product in a hand held mirror. I smiled so much that day that my face hurt the next day!

Eleanor M
10-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Good for you, Elaine. We all need to start somewhere.

Rebecca Jayne
10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Did you read my dairy, Elaine.
Sounds like what I did back a few years.
Betcha had fun though didn't ya.

Andy66
10-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Except when they break, ha!
I was thinking the same thing -- be careful not to break them. :heehee:

I bet you looked cute, though. You should get some makeup. Nothing major, just some lipstick and eye liner, maybe some eye shadow to play around with.

scherylnmke
10-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I agree with Allie, when you put it all together, it really takes you by suprise, even if you look so-so it's a start!

Barbara918
10-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Fully made-up & with a wig, I look just like my mother.
Without either, I look just like my father.

msginaadoll
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
With me I think I start feeling and looking more femine when I get a nice close shave. I know it is definitely a mindset. it like i am starting to erase my maleness and get ready to put on my female face. I used to be ok with just putting on a skirt or blouse, but now i dont feel complete without my wig and makeup.

docrobbysherry
10-17-2009, 09:32 AM
NEXT STEP, Elaine, a WIG! Even a cheesy, cheap Halloween wig may do for starters!:daydreaming:

boardpuppy
10-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi Elaine,
Sadly I don't have a wig yet but I keep looking in the mirror when doing my make up and wishing I could kind that one special wig that reaches out and grabs me. When that day comes and I am completely dressed I will be whole. Untill then I do what every girl loves to do, shop, dressup and do her makeup.

Hugs,
Alice

Elaine Michelle
10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and comments.

Yes, the next steps are makeup and a wig.

I have experimented with makeup. That was actually the first thing I tried a few months ago. But, I was hampered by my mustache. Well, Thursday night I cut off the 'stache! It took me a long time to decide to do that, since I had it since college. But life is all about change, right? So I went ahead and cut if off. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I actually look ok without it.

Anyway, a clean-shaven face should make putting on makeup much more fun. My face has certain drawbacks: thin lips, a guyish smile, etc, etc. But most CDers have to deal with similar challenges. After all, if it was easy everyone would be doing it, right? OK, maybe not.

And yes, a wig. Definitely a big step, which I am looking forward to. As I've read here, going to a walk-in store is the best approach, but I am not sure I am ready for that. I'll probably chicken out and buy one on-line. I have my eye on one. It should be fun!

Elaine

ps - I doubled up on the balloons, so hopefully I won't have any breakage problems!