PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Dress Opportunity

Shelby
10-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Being involved in a community theater and a CD has its advantages. Last night I was talking with our costume lady about me buying dresses for a high school show that I am working on and she mentioned that she was offered a couple of wedding dresses but they are so small that only tiny frame girls could ever wear them. Well that brought up halloween somehow and how I was going to a party with just some prosthetic bolts and screws in my head but I mentioned that I could go as a man-crazed bride since she has a dress in storage. I know this becuase she once suggested that it would fit me (size 16) and I thought it might be fun to do. But she told me that it has such a long train and bustle that I would get tired of dragging it around at a party all night.

Well I am going to this party on the 24th and I only know my sister and bro-in-law are going. I'm hoping to meet someone, dressing up as a bride may not be the best idea, especially with the in-law around (close-minded). So I told my costume lady that someday I will wear that dress in a show, we just have to find the right show.

She doesn't know that I CD, and she won't since she is huge gossip in a small town where everyone knows everyone. But she has helped me with the blue dress in one of my pics in my album. I just wish I could come up with a reason or opportunity to wear that gown out for something. In this case it would interfer with my ultimate objective of finding a woman to meet. Oh I know, they'll all want to admire my dress and talk wedding with me, but that is know way to pick up a girl. Oh I wish, I wish, I wish...

Cristi
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
I've always thought that local theater would present some good opportunities to CD. In fact, one of my fantasies when youger went along the lines of 'There are no young women to take this part in our new play, so we would like you to do it'. :) (of course, in my fantasy the play went on for a long run, keeping me in skirts for months. And oh, since you are already dressed and have the makeup on, you might as well stay like that between the matinee and evening shows... )

I hope you get into that dress someday. I don't have a real 'thing' for wedding dresses, but am curious every time I see one in a second hand shop what it would feel like to wear one. Especially a long full one with a train and lots of lace.

sherri52
10-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Would you like a bridesmaid. I have the dresses (156). We could go together.

Karren H
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
I jumped at the chance to try on a wedding dress a friend had who was the same size.. It was utterly awesome and I glowed all day!! I still love looking at the photos... I'd jump at the chance to do it again!!

ColletteCD
10-18-2009, 09:34 PM
There is something about the wedding dress. I am guessing it can be considered the pinnacle of being a woman. Putting one on for the first time, brings out unbelievable feelings. I think I was close to fainting when I got a chance to wear the one my wife wore to our wedding.

Sandra Dunn
10-18-2009, 10:42 PM
I did not just try one on or go to some party, I GOT MARRIED in MY WEDDING dress. Full blown wedding, briadsmaid and all. There is no other feeling like getting married as the bride, totally awsome.

HUGS Mrs. Sandra Dunn

docrobbysherry
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Always a bridesmaid, NEVER the BRIDE!:sad:

Evangelion
10-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I dunno about you girls but I prefer wedding dress. Might be because it's kind of the most feminine thing to wear.

I have a dream that one day I can try one with time. Too bad that we don't celebrate Halloween so much here. There goes my chance to do it openly.

Ralph
10-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I jumped at the chance to try on a wedding dress a friend had who was the same size.. It was utterly awesome and I glowed all day!! I still love looking at the photos... I'd jump at the chance to do it again!!

If that happens, I totally want a picture of you with the wedding dress... and your pads and skates on, holding your hockey stick.

Karren H
10-19-2009, 06:17 AM
If that happens, I totally want a picture of you with the wedding dress... and your pads and skates on, holding your hockey stick.

The bride of Loird Stanley! Lol. Great halloween idea!

Jennifer Marie P.
10-19-2009, 07:45 AM
When my GG gave me a chance to try on wedding dresses I jumped on that chance and loved every minute of it and now own three wedding dresses and Im modeling for a bridal show.

Angie G
10-19-2009, 09:44 AM
My wife was doing some work on a friends wedding dress a few years ago and I got to try it on. It felt awesome. I wish you all the luck in getting that dress on someday Shelby. I know you'll love it as well.:hugs:
Angie

Janine cd
10-19-2009, 09:18 PM
One of my long time fantasies has been to wear a really feminine, satin and lace wedding dress. I dream of being able to glide down the aisle with a long lace train and a spectacular lace and rhinesone headpiece with shimmering satin slippers. The bodice would be shaped to accentuate a long tight corset with ample breast enhancement. The feel of my legs encased in silky white nylons against the swishy flow of crinoline pettycoats would be heavenly.:battingeyelashes:

Shelby
10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I've always thought that local theater would present some good opportunities to CD. In fact, one of my fantasies when youger went along the lines of 'There are no young women to take this part in our new play, so we would like you to do it'. :) (of course, in my fantasy the play went on for a long run, keeping me in skirts for months. And oh, since you are already dressed and have the makeup on, you might as well stay like that between the matinee and evening shows... )

I hope you get into that dress someday. I don't have a real 'thing' for wedding dresses, but am curious every time I see one in a second hand shop what it would feel like to wear one. Especially a long full one with a train and lots of lace.

I have the something along the same lines of a fantasy except the actress suddenly is out sick just a day or 2 before the show and won't return at all. After searching for an actress to fill in at the last minute (must meet some requirements) and as the Director who knows the blocking and lines, I decide to play the role and get to wear the costumes instead.

When my GG gave me a chance to try on wedding dresses I jumped on that chance and loved every minute of it and now own three wedding dresses and Im modeling for a bridal show.

How does one get a job modeling for a bridal show and does anyone realize who you are? I once knew a gg in college who in a marketing class pitched an idea of holding a fashion show but with guys modeling her creations. I would have volunteered in a heartbeat, to bad it was only a verbal idea to answer the teachers question of interesting marketing ideas.

Cristi
10-19-2009, 09:25 PM
OK, so out of the blue today (after reading your post) I had a real desire to find a wedding dress.

I took off for a tour of the local thrift shops. I found several dresses and tried on three (one of which was really perfect... but about two sizes too small). Alas, nothing fit so I came home empty handed. :(

The good thing was that even though I was in drab at the time, I wasn't self couscious at all browsing through the racks or trying things on, maybe because it is so close to halloween.

I'll try to hit few more stores this week to see if I can come up with something, but I think the odds of finding a size 18-20 dress in this area with its limited shopping selection is pretty...er... slim.