PDA

View Full Version : hypothedical go-around

Jessinthesprings
10-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Stem cell research has opened the possiblities to many things from regrowing your own livers to growing new bones that a defect left out. What if stem cells could eventually be the final key to that full transition. Ladies doctors could grow us a uterus and overies in the lab, and men how about your own penis.

While I admit that creating a full repoductive system is a bit more complicated than a peice of bone or even a single liver I think the idea has merrit. While the trans men would likely be forgotten I would not be surprised that there is researche being devoted to the female repoductive system since there are many non-trans aplications due to cancer, birth defects, and other reasons.

what do you all think? Is it remotely possible?

Sharon
10-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Science is amazing and the some of the things the medical field is capable of doing would have been thought of as fantasy just a couple generations ago. However, I am fairly confident that neither I nor anyone else old enough to belong to the forum will be alive to see what you propose occur.

But who know? :)

Jessinthesprings
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
However, I am fairly confident that neither I nor anyone else old enough to belong to the forum will be alive to see what you propose occur.

But who know? :)

nor do i expect it. like i said a fully functional repoductive system is far more complex than some of the most recent applications. Just becasue time-travel is theorically possible does not mean human society will ever achive it. However, if i told you 3 or 4 years ago that we have sucessfully regrown a liver you'd would have been shocked. So... one never knows and all I'm stating that there might be a theoretical possiblity. Stem cells are the bassis for all human tissue.