PDA

View Full Version : A day of events

blondetasha
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi all,

you may have read that I recently (i.e. yesterday) came out to my SO.
She was initially understanding however is unusually quiet and more interested in her novel at the moment - maybe this is her form of escapism. During our discussion, we did not get as far as whether I can dress whilst she is around etc etc. I feel this is best done slowly as many of you have kindly advised.

I never slept last night, was experiencing a mixture of confusion, anxiety, excitement and shock that I had actually told her. I left for work in the usual way this morning, however started getting a headache at the front of my head and got dizzy when approaching the office. I then got in to work and also had indigestion type pains in my stomach. Im guessing this is due to lack of sleep however...

I said to my boss, sorry I have to go home (and by the look on her face I cant have looked very good!) and I left.

The next thing I know, instead of heading towards the tube as normal i ended up for the first time browsing a chemist buying makeup, then in to chain stores amongst GGs buying clothing etc etc. you name it i bought it, spent a small fortune! i remember seeing workers and just thinking I dont care what anybody else thinks. I didnt think twice about it, to me it felt natural. I never had funny looks or responses (apart from some strange looks from the chemist - buying a full set up makeup, makeup remover, toner etc its obvious its not for a partner!). Looking back, i cant believe i did it!

I actually had the bottle (whilst sober) to browse around, pick up and buy the stuff!! I was stuffing all of this into my backpack each time i left a store and moving onto the next store. I pretty much hit every store on Oxford St!!

The feeling was incredible, until... BEEP BEEP BEEP! A security alarm.

The security chap from the womens clothing store asked to search my bag, Im sure my heart skipped a beat. I just said, i bought stuff for my missus, have a look.

He immediately found a claires accessories bag and said I know what it is. Opened the bag and found a security tag on the bracelet I bought earlier. "Your fine, see ya" he said.

I finally get home and try on my clothes and makeup etc, and pack it all away for when my SO gets home. I mention over dinner that I bought some clothes today and showed her.

This is where i screwed up. TOO EARLY! Even she said it. "you've had time to get used to this, I've only had 2 days", and that was pretty much it. I quickly changed the subject.

Ive never known her to be so quiet, getting worried now. Im sure it will eventually work out, i have faith in us, and never would have told her if i did not fully believe this relationship could deal with it. I said I will stop if thats what you want, but she just said there is no need.

tricia_uktv
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Tasha, calm it down. Search for pink fog on here. I know precisely what you want to do but give it a while, at least a month I'd say, before doing anything else.

You can of course enjoy your purchases - but will you?

Auntie Trish XX

Tina B.
10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
That is not what we call baby steps, even a women that wants to understand can be frightened by to much to fast. I know it's like shaking a bottle of soda and uncapping it, with the rush of emotion when you first tell a loved one, everything just wants to pour out of you and you want to shout hurray from the roof top, but you don't want to spill all that enthusiasm all over your wife and make her mad, or scared about where it is all going to lead, get down off that pink cloud, give her time to adjust to the idea, talk a whole lot more, and then when she is ready show her the other side of you little by little as she is comfortable with it. You thought about this day for a long while I would bet, but it's all new to her. Be kind, be gentle and be lady like with your enthusiasm until she catches up with you.
Tina