PDA

View Full Version : what a tangled web we weave

Krystal Lee
07-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Whenever I do laundry and have my bras in the wash I always find a tangled wad because the hooks on my bras snag hold of other clothes. :eek:

Has anyone found a way to do laundry that won't involve untying things after the washer or dryer? Am not looking to do everything by hand either.
Hugs Krystal.

Deborah
07-24-2005, 11:42 AM
I have a delicates bag from Fredericks that i use. Keeps everything seperate. ;)

Di
07-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Amys answer above...AND do not but you bras in the dryer. They keep much nicer lying flat to dry or hanging to dry.

Robertacd
07-24-2005, 12:05 PM
I always hook the clasps together when I wash them to keep them from snagging other delicates. Also use the delicate cycle and hang them to dry.

Krystal Lee
07-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the input girls. I have tried a delicates bad and find the weave of it attracts those nasty bra hooks faster than anything else. I do hook the straps togetger but a gremlin lives in my laundry room and sneeks into the washer and dryer and un hooks them. Or maybe the gremlin is what ties them up in the first place?

Think I may just do bras only but know that will be a knotty problem also.

Anyway thanks for the input. Hugs Krystal.

CharleneCD
07-24-2005, 12:17 PM
We have about 8 Woolite mesh washbags. Each wil hold 1 bra and keep it from tagling up as well as helping keep the cups proper shape. Ive attached a picture. After we have washed the bra's we then put them on hangers to dry.

Tristen Cox
07-24-2005, 01:39 PM
If they have hooks on the straps that are removable just remove the straps and soak those separate. Honestly I've never had that issue from the laundry mat.

kathy gg
07-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Bras are not meant to go in the dryer. I have NEVER put a bra in the dryer and I have them last 5 yrs easily and I am a gg. I usually just hang dry , same thing with panties. They make the elastic last longer and IF you do put bras in the dryer. Only do it for a minute, long enough to get the wettness out, but not completely dry. You will lenghen the life span of your dainties double!

kathyin canada

Tristen Cox
07-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah, don't use the dryer. Duh sorry :o

Vivian Best
07-24-2005, 03:13 PM
I haven't dried my bras in the clothes dryer for years. I've now got my wife to hang hers up to dry. They DO last longer handling them that way.

Vivian

Linda-x
07-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Plus it looks cute having bra's and pantie hose, ect. hanging to dry !!

DonnaT
07-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Whenever I do laundry and have my bras in the wash I always find a tangled wad because the hooks on my bras snag hold of other clothes. :eek:

Has anyone found a way to do laundry that won't involve untying things after the washer or dryer? Am not looking to do everything by hand either.
Hugs Krystal.

First time I washed bras and pantyhose together in the machine. . .sure learned a lot about untying knots.

I use a mesh bag, they come in different sizes, now. And definitely hang them to dry.

I haven't dried my bras in the clothes dryer for years. I've now got my wife to hang hers up to dry. They DO last longer handling them that way.

Vivian

I wash my wife's as well as mine. In fact I do all the laundry as it has less wrinkles in it when I'm done.

Melissa Ryan
07-25-2005, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE=DonnaT]First time I washed bras and pantyhose together in the machine. . .sure learned a lot about untying knots.

I use a mesh bag, they come in different sizes, now. And definitely hang them to dry.

Now undo them nots without loosing a nail or two :D

Wendy me
07-25-2005, 07:53 AM
it's amazing just how good you can get at doing the laundry when you have something to lose..........

Billijo49504
07-25-2005, 09:27 AM
We just hook the hooks together, then in the washer and dryier. If they don't last that long, what a better excuse to buy more.

Krystal Lee
07-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Charlene, Thank you for the picture I will have to look for them. Have never seen a woolote bag before. Use a number of delicates bags but the hooks just come undone and reach out of the mesh and grab. Should I look in the laundry section or lingerie.
Never mind that was a dumb question, of course I should look in lingerie and if I don't find them there, then I will look in the laundry stuff!!!!

Linda-x, How true that is. Guess what will be hanging around my house from now on. :D Hugs Krystal.

CharleneCD
07-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Krystal, We got these at wal mart and they are in the laundry, hangars and ironing dept. We dont remember what we paid for them but it is worth evewry penny. The hooks dont come through these.