PDA

View Full Version : Out in Denver good and bad

Paula_56
10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow my first night in Denver went better then expected. After landing at 11:00AM I had a bunch of shopping to get done for my outing that night. First stop was a Burlington Coat factory. If you girls have never shop here before they have great plus size career wear at great prices. I bought a beautiful two piece suit, for 40.00. Please see picture The great part about this was I used the fitting rooms. I just asked if I could try them on and the attendant didn’t blink an eye. I suspect the Halloween season may have helped. But it was so nice to be able to try on different sizes and pick the right one. I also got some nice earrings and a pin to go with it. The other important item was a pair of shoes. I had delayed buying them at home, thinking that I could find a nice pair of size 12W at a Denver Payless. WRONG, I use used the GPS to seek out about 6 payless stores and finally found the exact pair I wanted. a pair of low heel patent pumps. I was tired but got back to the room and came back to life when I started getting dressed. The outfit which I had planed out for a few weeks really came together. I think that is an important part of putting together good look girls. My plan was to attend a support group meeting at the Colorado Gender Identity Clinic. After phone call home and final touch on my look off I went. I have reached point in going out where I am not scared to leave the hotel room I use be so fearful of even stepping out into the hallway. Now I just do it knowing if I am read the world will not end
I rode up Colorado 470 just like any other woman on her way home from work. It felt good. I was real nervous at the support group meeting but found myself loosing up after a while.
The best part was on my way back to the room I need some pressed powder for my makeup. I also wanted a snack since I skipped dinner. I stopped at a Walgreens drug store. It was about 9:00PM and empty, I took my time looking for cosmetics and then went over to the food section and found some cheese to snack on. The lady shouted over are you ready to checkout and I replied in my femme voice yes. She was very personable asked me a few questions, smiled made eye contact and asked me to please come back.
I was on a cloud. I never felt more confident or when walked out to the car. Now I don’t know if I passesd, or if she thought I was a transitioned transsexual, or if she was just being nice. After that I went back to the hotel, just had to show myself to the desk clerk so I went thru the lobby and picked up a newspaper. She was talking to someone else and didn’t seem to notice.
So tonight I went to Outback, enfemme, they read me coming thru the door, they were kind but were overly polite, when I left the hostess said to me "Now was that Fun?"

I dunno I want to at least create an iluusion of being female, it hurt to be read so fast and obvious

Please help me with advice

thanks Sisters

Cristi
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I see a LOT of good in that story and not much (if any) bad! It sounds like you had a great time, congrats! :)

DonnaT
10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I have reached point in going out where I am not scared to leave the hotel room I use be so fearful of even stepping out into the hallway. Now I just do it knowing if I am read the world will not end.
I dunno I want to at least create an iluusion of being female, it hurt to be read so fast and obvious

So? You got read at Outback.

You knew that was possible, and the world would not end.

They treated you nice. And the world did not end.

Don't know why it would hurt if you knew it could happen, and seemed to be prepared for it.

TxKimberly
10-20-2009, 10:08 PM
There's just no way around it. The vast majority of us ARE going to get read. It's the price we pay for what we do and only you can decide if it is worth it to you or not. I get read every single time I go out the door and I have decided that it is still worth it to me to be out and about.
It sounds like you have made a lot of progress - you should be very proud! :D

Daenna Paz
10-20-2009, 10:10 PM
]Wow my first night in Denver went better then expected.
So tonight I went to Outback, enfemme, they read me coming thru the door, they were kind but were overly polite, when I left the hostess said to me "Now was that Fun?"

All I can say is "enjoy being yourself"
Sounds like a whole lot more GOOD than bad.....
Last restaurant I went to - they doted on us, and one hostess even followed us out to the parking lot to chat and ask questions :heehee:

<Please see picture>

Where, sweetie?

trannie T
10-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Well, did you have fun?
Assuming that you did my only advice would be to doit again.

Lorileah
10-20-2009, 10:52 PM
so I guess the emphasis on the last sentence made you think they were sarcastic? Sorry if someone in Denver ruined what otherwise seems like a good outing but you will get that anywhere. The rest of your trip is more indicative of the people here. And I have to agree with Kimberly, we are going to get "read" all the time. Just don't worry about it. and it is fun, otherwise they would call it work.

Rogina B
10-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Getting read,comments,good or bad,getting hit on,etc are all part :2c:of going out and about. Water off a duck's back! You are having fun.. Present well and enjoy yourself!