PDA

View Full Version : Ever forgotten that you're dressed?

Sarah_new
10-21-2009, 07:44 AM
This is really a question aimed at us closet girls or I suppose anyone that doesn't want their neighbours to know that they dress.

Anyway, as often nowadays, here I am working at home and dressed. It's one of the advantages of those days where I work from home. Anyway, the post arrived, just a few letters through the post box, nothing unusual and this got me thinking, what if something needed signing for. Well normally the doorbell would ring and I'd answer the door, sign for the package, no problem. But that would be when I'm en drab, not so easy when dressed.

Now the thing is, and the point of this thread, is that I'm feeling more and more comfortable when dressed to the point of being slightly concerned that if the door bell did ring, I'd just answer the door without giving a though as to how I was dressed. In other words not the action of someone who is trying to stay in the closet. I must add here that as I don't yet have a wig so I'm not at all convincing.

Anyway, this all has me thinking has anyone else just forgotten that they were dressed and answered the door in such a situation only then to realise that they were en femme, and of course how did you explain it away?

To date, this situation hasn't happened. It's just something that has been running through my mind today.

deborah84
10-21-2009, 07:57 AM
I answered the door to the postman last week while wearing a denim skirt and tights. I had a normal male t-shirt on my top half and decided I couldn't be bothered changing into my jeans. Not sure if he even noticed, and if he did he didn't seem to care!

Not sure what I'd have done if I was femme on the top half too!

Marcie R.
10-21-2009, 08:07 AM
I have not answered the door when I was dressed, but I did have another situation I'll mention. One time I was staying in a motel, I was partially dressed enfemme when the door opened and two men stepped in. I had on my bra, panties and stockings, I screamed "GET OUT". They apologized, laughed, then went out and closed the door. Apparently the desk clerk accidently was unaware the room was already occupied. I was embarrassed but nothing further came of it.:eek::eek:

Lissa Stevens
10-21-2009, 08:21 AM
I have to cross the road to get to the mailbox. About 50 yards. Several times I have forgotten and walked right over the the mailbox. I realized this when I was halfway there. I figured I would be noticed more if I was seen running back to the house, so I just went ahead and grabbed the mail. I don't know if I was noticed but I haven't heard anything.

joank
10-21-2009, 08:50 AM
I have not remembered to change glasses at times and my 'girl' glasses are definetly feminine. I have left on jewelry such as leather band watch and wedding band sets as well. Must be getting old.

Nikki A.
10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
I haven't forgotten, I just don't bother sometimes

sherri
10-21-2009, 09:02 AM
I have not answered the door when I was dressed, but I did have another situation I'll mention. One time I was staying in a motel, I was partially dressed enfemme when the door opened and two men stepped in. I had on my bra, panties and stockings, I screamed "GET OUT". They apologized, laughed, then went out and closed the door. Apparently the desk clerk accidently was unaware the room was already occupied. I was embarrassed but nothing further came of it.:eek::eek:See, i would have said, "Well hello there!" :D

Teri Jean
10-21-2009, 09:10 AM
YES! Last year I had gone to work dressed as a renaissance wench and had fun doing it, but the next day I was dressed in a mini skirt and blouse sitting in the recliner and fell asleep. Well somewhere in that time a female co-worker came to the door doing door knocking for a candiate she was supporting and rang the bell. I jumped up not thinking about being dressed, make up, nylons and wig and answered the door. Ooooooops LOL I told her I was off to another party and she accepted it, kind of. Anyway now I work as a female so I think she probably has figured it out.

Teri

Sarah Michelle
10-21-2009, 09:54 AM
the answer is yes and it just happened. I'm home alone and I dress en femme in the morning. I change in the afternoon before the school bus arrives. I live in the country so I can walk my dogs in the adjoining fields without having to change. I just have to be alert to other users who are infrequent.
So this morning I am doing home maintenance, putting up new doors. I walked out of the house into the garage to retreive the next door and as I walked into the open garage doorway, I was mortified to see a municipal vehicle in the driveway. I did a hyper-fast 180 and fled into the house. It was the meter reader and I have no idea what he saw or didn't.
Now that he's gone, I'm here writing it out to help the panic subside.....

I always have to remind myself that I am clumsy, and forgetful. Mistakes are inevitable but it doesn't lessen the panic reaction......
Back to the doors.... ciao...

EjayeCD
10-21-2009, 10:33 AM
I was wearing women's jears & tucked & decided to get some new VS undies. I totally forgot that I had french nails on & 1" hoops in my ears. The SA looked at me funny & I figured that she saw the women's jeans & I was tucked. When I went up to the counter to pay for the undies, I realized that I had the nails on & I was definately in boy mode. (No makeup or bobs).

Lorileah
10-21-2009, 10:39 AM
suddenly confused...you "forgot" what you are wearing?

Prissy Linda
10-21-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't have a 9 to 5 job, weekends off like most people so I dress quite often while my wife is at work, she knows and has no problem that I dress.
Dressing as often as I do I at times forget that I have my makeup on. polished fingernails,toenails and usually casual feminine attire, I don't always wear a wig if I'm home alone since I don't want to mess it up with certain projects so I fix my hair in a girly manner. I have answered the door to UPS drivers and sales people, Some of the visitors have had a surprised looks on their face while others just state their business without any expression at all. When I have forgotten I was dressed I have freaked out a bit(ok, sometimes alot) but, heck, it's my house. get over it.

Cristi
10-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I have never forgotten when fully dressed, but I have had times when wearing just lipstick, nail polish or jewelry that it has slipped my mind.

I drove to my dad's one time and only remembered that I still had lipstick, a bit of eye makeup and long earrings on as I was getting out of my car at his house. I'd been like that all day so wasn't even thinking of such things when I left my house.

That could have been a disaster! I was able to wipe everything away with a moist towelette I had in the glove box.

Nicole Smyth
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I was dressed and had been in a room upstairs unseen as my yard was being mowed. When I thought they had left I went down stairs and went to the living room window. As I was looking out not seeing anyone I thought the coast was clear, then he popped up from the flower bed right in front of me! He must have been pulling weeds. He didn't see me, but I had to run to the toilet as I didn't want my new panties to be stained! Scared the poop out of me!:confused2:

Jennifer in CO
10-21-2009, 12:25 PM
kinda...back before I transitioned in 80 I spend every weekend and most evenings dressed. My wife and I went to the mall to buy a couch for our new home. We had supper, were sitting in our two bean bag chairs and she was tired...so tired she had to roll out of the bag. I was giggling with her and what she said I don't remember but she said something to the effect "We're going to get a couch!" and grabbed her purse and threw me the car keys and we left. It was a cool night so I happened to put on a wind breaker walking out the door. Walking into Sears about 30 minutes later was when I realized I might not be quite dressed for shopping as a guy. Wearing?...it was my favorite outfit at the time so I remember to this day... a baby blue satin peasant-cut blouse with shirred waist, white slacks and (if you remember them) a pair of tan earth shoes. I don't remember the under-dressing but I do remember I was wearing my forms but didn't take them out since my fingernails at that time were always pink on weekends and I was usually wearing makeup. We DID buy a nice couch tho....

Jenn

Tina B.
10-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Never forgot when fully dressed but I did get half way to work before realizing I was wearing rings that where definitely not male, so I took them off and put them in the ashtray out of sight, thats when I realized my nails where pink. stopped at a 7-11 and bought tissues and polish remover and a donut in front of a bunch of heavy construction workers in getting there morning cup of coffee. I keep my hands in my pocket as long as I could but of course I had to pull them out to pay. And I have been out and looked in the rear view mirror, to find I still had on earrings a time or two.
Tina

Leslie Langford
10-21-2009, 01:01 PM
When out shopping en femme, I sometimes have to catch myself before accidentally heading directly to either the men's washroom or fitting room due to force of habit. Came dangerously close a couple of times before I had the proverbial "Aha!" moment :heehee:.

gender_blender
10-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Most times, I just assume I'm naked until I look down and notice that I am in fact dressed in clothing.

Carroll
10-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Yes. I live near an airport and I am a big aviation fan. Most of the time we get the same planes here everyday, so its a real treat when a military plane shows up. One day I was sitting at home dressed when I heard the unmistakable sound of a C-130. It was not just any C-130, but an LC-130; These are the ski-equipped planes that do the missions to the Antarctica. I busted out of the house, got in the car and drove to the end of the runway to watch it. It was only when I go out of the car on the side of the road that I realized I was dressed

Sarah Doepner
10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
I've never been fully dressed and forgotten. I enjoy it way too much.

However I did answer the door once in bare feet with dazzling red nail polish. It was my brother-in-law wanting to show me the new weed whacker machine he had just picked up. I slid my toes under the area rug, maybe before he noticed. He's never mentioned it, but who knows?

BillieJoe
10-21-2009, 02:13 PM
About two years ago while in the kitchen feeding my dog my wife comes running into the house very quickly and unexpectedly. I was bending over scooping up dog food and she comes by me very fast indeed. I hardly had time to react. You see I had a work T-shirt on and a bra underneath. The T-shirt was long enough to cover perhaps 80% of my panties. Had I been wearing another color than white that day I'm sure she would have noticed. I probably would either be separated or divorced by now had that been the case....

Frédérique
10-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Ever forgotten that you're dressed?

Only in my dreams, darling. I’m too acutely aware of everything while dressed to let my guard down for even an instant. This heightened awareness has its own side-effects, too, including a feeling of energy I get that completely pushes fatigue aside. It sounds (or feels) similar to an adrenaline rush, but put forth in a feminine way, for the ultimate protection of the organism…:rolleyes:

Melissa in hose
10-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I forget that my toenails are polished. I have answered the door without shoes on. It is easy to do.

Ashley_in_Texas
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
I have never forgotten that I'm dressed, but I have had to double check to make sure I wasn't. More than a few times I have gone in to the corner store to get coffee in the morning, and get the up-and-down look from someone. Not yet 100% alert, I have had to give myself a quick look-over to make sure I didn't walk out of the house wearing something not befitting of a Plumber. Its bad enough that I have to make extra sure not to show the stereotypical butt-crack.

Carole Cross
10-21-2009, 04:53 PM
I have answered the door with nail polish on and one time I was just about to set off for work when I noticed I still had nail polish on. Soon it won't be a problem though as I am transitioning and will be dressed everyday. :daydreaming:

comeclean
10-21-2009, 05:12 PM
about a year ago.. I answered the door to take a delivery in my usual guy clothes but had forgotten that under my zip up top I was still wearing a girls t-shirt, the zip was half done so you could only see the top half of the picture - but I didn't realise until after I'd closed the door... probably doesn't sound exciting I know - but upon reflection was incredibly exciting and exhilarating!

CherylFlint
10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
One time I forgot to remove my earrings and went out. I didn't notice that I had them on until I noticed them in the rearview mirror about five miles from my house. Of course they were long hanging sparkling red ones! Never again. Another time my car died and I had to call a cab. So now when I go out I ALWAYS have a duffle bag with drab stuff to wear if I have to. I learned the hard way, take heed.

JustAlex
10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I have the same fears. Over the years, I developed the habit of checking out before opening a door. Now I do that even when I'm dressing in regular male attire.

But I had minor incidents.

I opened the door to the room service once. I got a shirt that covered the short nightie I was wearing, put my pants on but forgot about the pantyhose. As I was signing the bill, looking down, I noticed my feet covered in sheer tan.

Just a couple weeks ago, I was at another hotel, work trip with a coworker. I was writing emails to the office, almost ready for bed in my nightgown. This guy called me because there was a problem with his notebook and he needed help. I said yes and kept working. He was in the next room. I heard his door closing and realized that I wasn't ready to open the door like that. My military training saved me eventually. I changed faster than he walked 20 feet.

At some point he found out that I had a plug made with a tissue obstructing the peephole. I know, you can't see from the outside, but I'm really really really in the closet and really really really paranoid. I told him that the point of light obsessed me and that I couldn't sleep with that.

But I think that the worst is in environments when you are relatively safer. I live in an apartment, I always did, in high rise buildings and in high levels where being watched from the outside it's almost impossible. It has to be either Spiderman or someone with a powerful telescope.
But the balcony is a lot more exposed to near buildings and people from your own building. So it was common for me to forget and walk out dressed in nightgowns, skirts, slips or whatever. I have no idea if I was spotted ever but I couldn't get used to the idea that the balcony was "outside". Even today, I have to be thinking about being CDing to avoid or be specially careful when walking there. Otherwise, I go out like if it's my home... because it is.

It's something you have to live with. When you do something that you don't want others to see, you carry the burden of concealment. It's a 24/7 job.

Emme
10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
I walked out to the dumpster fully dressd early one morning. I looked up and my back field neighbor was standing right there. I had always said that I don't care who knows. This was the acid test. I said, "hello! Good morning! In case you don't know i am part girl!"

We visited for almost an hour. He came in my house, he had seen me building for the last 3 years. It seemed OK.

He is fine. I see him often in passing along the drive way. It has eased the anxiety of his "seeing" me thru the window. He has been very nice since he met Emme.

I am glad it happened. One day I came home and a house I started but did not finish was gone! He had brought a track hoe to work his land and he dug a hole and buried the brick foundation.
My wife would prefer I not wear my wig outside. BUT

I NEVER go out without my wig and a little make up....I don't want him to see half me!

PS: I am as old as his dad

docrobbysherry
10-21-2009, 06:19 PM
After about 2 hours, my CORSET ALWAYS reminds me I'm dressed!:doh:

Erica A.
10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
The other day, a 13 year old nieghbor girl (who know's me) appeared in our open kitchen door to see if our two young girls could come over. I was in full character. Wig, makeup, skirt and boob's. We casually conversed for several moments (our girls were'nt home) as if nothing was different. She seemed completely unphased. Oh well! My front door is like a box of chocolates...
-Erica

Cary
10-21-2009, 07:06 PM
There were a few close calls, but never any slip ups. My family and friends always kid me, because when they come over I never have much clothes on. I tell them that when I'm home I don't like too much clothing on. Little do they know, I'm almost always fully dressed at home.

sherri52
10-21-2009, 07:09 PM
I have left the house and gone to work with lipstick on. I worked in the tourist area of Orlando. No one said anything until my girlfriend came to get me for lunch ( she knew I dressed ). She asked if I always go to work that way. I had no clue what she was talking about, especially since we also had breakfast together. She had me look in the mirror and I even had to look twice to realize it was there. I probably spoke to 70-80 people that morning and even knowing that I didn't care. Orlando is the tourist capital of the world and I probably wouldn't see any of them again. What were they thinking?:heehee:

Niya W
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Forgotten or just not given a damn. I've gotten the mail on my way out before .Had pizza delivered before. The pizza man was mor woried about the dog then any thing else .

ladyinwaiting
10-21-2009, 08:54 PM
a five years ago i was dressing quite regularily as i was self-employed. during a no work day, i decided to try out a new outfit i had purchased. i had just finished dressing and was ready to start the makeup. my dogs started to bark and i just ignored it. suddenly i catch a view of my father in the bathroom mirror as he is wandering down my hallway, i had only a male housecoat in the bathroom. quickly i threw on the housecoat and exited into the hallway. he asked to borrow a tool, looked at me for a reply and left. i thought i had fooled him, till i remembered the pumps, visible nylons and breasts might have given me away. he has never ever mentioned it. i was thinking of a quick story i could use if needed, but decided if he was to ask i would tell the truth.

Lisa Renee
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
There was one time I had forgotten to remove my nail polish. Went to a convience store and to work. Got to work sat down at my desk and noticed the polish. I had a pocket knife and scraped the plolish off with that. Not one person either at the c-store or work apparently noticed, no one said a thing.

carolyn todd
10-22-2009, 03:34 AM
sarah
you are going to have to get a wig i keep tell you you cannot open
the door with out one you won't be properly dress, what will the
neighbours think about.

carolyn xx

allisonrn06
10-23-2009, 10:43 AM
I once headed out on a road trip, stopped at McD's drive through for coffee and as I pulled up to the pickup window realized I still had lipstick on! Think I got it off without anyone noticing. Other than that, only close calls, where I started to head out and remembered I had fem earrings on, etc

Cathytg
10-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, well, have you ever had your wife ask: "Honey, why is there an earring in your left ear?"

sometimes_miss
10-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Seeing as I spend the majority of my home alone time as a girl, it's easy to forget because girl clothes feel natural to me and guy clothes don't. After a few near misses, I now keep a pair of gym shorts and t shirt on the door knobs of my exterior doors to remind me that I need to change outfits before opening up to the world.

Edwina
10-24-2009, 05:29 AM
A year or so ago I was sitting at my computer fully dressed including makeup when my younger daughter overseas initiated a Skype call. As I moved to answer I remembered how I looked and, in a split second managed to deactivate my cam. :eek:
When she came on she asked why she couldn't see me and I had to say the cam was out of order. :heehee:

Edwina

JenniferR771
10-24-2009, 08:30 AM
I forget all the time if I am enfemme at a cd event. But then when I see myself in a random mirror--I am shocked. OMG, that is me. But it is a good feeling.

Kristen Kelly
10-24-2009, 09:38 AM
I am not fulltime, have my own hair, always in women's jeans. I go out alot doing everyday things enfem, and yes I am so comfortable out that there have been times I had to look down to see how I was dressed to determine which restroom to use

Amymonroe
10-24-2009, 11:19 AM
i was stationed in Germany and i was in the stair well in my male sandles and male sweats. well i was coming up from the laundry room on the bottom floor when the neighbor stoped me to chit chat. we stood their for a few minutes and that was when i realized i had my toe nails painted so i slowly tucked them under and continued the conversation. other wise when i am alone at home i have a pair of sweats on stand by on the bed. when the wife is their she covers for me while i change.

amy

michellebqueen8
10-24-2009, 12:53 PM
i know you mean, i have done the same many time myself!!!

Barbara918
10-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, well, have you ever had your wife ask: "Honey, why is there an earring in your left ear?"

Because when I put it in my eye it hurt like the dickens.

Amy Rose
10-24-2009, 02:38 PM
One time i came home after work and got all girled up.I was wearing a short denim skirt and a pink vest.I was walking down the hallway when someone rang the bell,without thinking I walked to the door and opened it.I hadn't realized yet what I had done.The red cross were at the door,asking me if I had done a first aid course before.It was a lady at the door,she was about late 20s.I told her I had which was true and she was looking at me head to toe a few times and then I thought to myself oh crap :doh:
but she was a nice lady and after a quick chat she left.
After she left I closed the door in mis belief. :eek:

samanthatiedup
10-24-2009, 03:08 PM
I had forgotten I was still wearing panty hose when I got up the next and almost walked out in to the living room where my daughter and son in law were. Closes one there lol.

CLARRISA
10-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Its come to that point where i don't care anymore...the only thing that bothers me is if i'm not looking best..such as the times when i let my stubble grow out a bit....If i look my best, and they still notice thats ok let them think i'm "one of them Transexuals".....

O2B Barbara
10-25-2009, 11:22 AM
I never answered the door when dressed but I did venture out shopping and forgot to remove the breast forms. I ususlly wear only womens clothing, drab if out and about and during the cooler times of year I wear a bra almost constantly. A couple of weeks ago my wife & I went shopping and I had forgotton I had the forms in place as I had a heavy courderoy shirt jacket on over the top I was wearing. My wife has some disability issues and it is not unusual for me to carry her purse for her, like that is a problem! Anyway I had the jacket open and when I put her purse over my shoulder it became quite obivious that I had breasts! I just rearranged the purse and the wife giggled a bit but just went on shopping. We made several stops and even went to dinner with me having breasts. Guess this amy work into something???

Christina Horton
10-25-2009, 11:37 AM
It was my first time out....well ok the second day of my first time out. I went to A movie (Hancook) MY first movie dressed up and my first time dressed going out.It was a great movie,BUT I found myself sitting there and forgetting I was dressed up. So when I realized I had forgot I stared to laugh out loud, at a spot where no joke was . My mind must have thought It was so fun to forget then realise that I was dressed that it happened 2 or 3 time. That was the best time to have that happen because I was able to remember to stay FEM. I was in the safety of a dark movie theater .

It was fun . Since I was not out where I could make a big BOO BOO in my fem mode.

That is the only time I forgot I was dressed .

weekend woman
10-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I forgot once, stopped at a truck stop in Vermont on my way to NH. This place is also the local restaurant, bakery, ice cream parlor and all around meeting place in the area. After filling up with gas I went inside to buy a loaf of their homemade bread, the woman at the register addressed me as ma'am. Here I am thinking what the **** when I remembered I was enfemme. Needless to say brought a smile to my face and really brightened my day, especially after driving 7 hours.

BRANDI66
10-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi, I did run out to my car 1 time:o lol

Loni
10-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Not as of yet.

But I do get spooked and check some times, one time I still had lipstick on, caught at work...blamed it on my "girl friend" :-)