PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress to be yourself, or somebody else?

docrobbysherry
10-21-2009, 06:32 PM
With Halloween fast approaching, I thot this mite make an interesting post.

I KNOW many/most of u dress to be, "Who u really r". I think that's GREAT!:thumbsup::)

I dress to be, "WHO I'M NOT!" Specifically, attractive young women!:daydreaming:

Even if the women I create r only an illusion, I find becoming these ladies quite EXCITING!:D

Are there others out there that dress NOT to be yourselves? But, because u WANT to be somebody COMPLETELY DIFFERENT?:brolleyes:

Cary
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Since I don't wear a wig or makeup, I would say I dress to be a more femm me.

Barbara Dugan
10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
I think that trying to be somebody else I may found the real me:hugs:

Jennylace
10-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I try to be me and find the look I discovered some years ago and when I get there I hang on for dear life. sometimes I can look at a pic I just did and say that's her so I would say I am sombody else but in my heart I know it's just me and that's when the inner happeness comes out for all to see.

MAJESTYK
10-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Not sure if I should answer since I dress every day and everywhere. But to answer the question outright, I dress to be me.

Erica A.
10-21-2009, 07:13 PM
When I dress daily in my male persona, I'm dressing me. If I tried to dress as anything else, I guess I'd be a "poser". Similarly, when I dress en femme, no matter what I wear, I'm dressing "Erica". I suppose Erica could dress to resemble someone else, but it's Erica doing it. Besides, I like being Erica.
-Erica

Jeanna
10-21-2009, 07:20 PM
I dress every day to be someone I'm not, but society will accept and
I get to dress once in awhile to be me.
Jeanna

sherri52
10-21-2009, 07:22 PM
I dress to feel good. I don't dress to be me nor do I dress to be someone else. I love the feel of womens clothing and I feel sexy when wearing heels. Not to be someone or to be myself. I just like it.

NathalieX66
10-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Drag queens dress to be somebody else.
Crossdressers dress to be themselves.

(fantasy roles, nothwithstanding)

...that's my incendiary statement of the evening, fire away with the daggers. :)

docrobbysherry
10-21-2009, 07:38 PM

...that's my incendiary statement of the evening, fire away with the daggers. :)

If I had started dressing at an earlier age, I mite have LOVED trying to be a "drag queen"!:devil:

marisa
10-21-2009, 07:40 PM
i would say that i dress to be me and not someone else. i don't get that over the top wave of emotional release while dressing. but i do get the " at peace and comfortable" feeling. it's just a big part of me and i don't want to repress it. been there, done that, don't want to do it again.

Carly D.
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I would say I dress to feel like I want to.. as far as look; I look like nobody or try to look like nobody I know.. how do I see myself? when I look in the mirror all dressed up I still see my male self.. I was just thinking and wondered if there were a mask that made me look completely female would I wear it and where and the answer is yes I would wear it and where is on my face of course.. but seriously if there was a way to look like a woman, like a fairy granting a wish I would like to try it.. to look like a woman for a day, or two or be given the ability to look like a woman say twelve times a year (once a month, every month) I would look forward to that day each month I tell you what..

Michelle-Leigh
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I dress to be who I would have been had I been born with an XX instead of an XY gender chromosome pair..... Myself if born female..... And it all came about from my just loving the look and feel of very feminine clothes.

NathalieX66
10-21-2009, 07:49 PM
If I had started dressing at an earlier age, I mite have LOVED trying to be a "drag queen"!:devil:

Nothing wrong with that.
As a silly old country music song goes " Where ever you go, there you are".

angpai30
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
[it's just a big part of me and i don't want to repress it. been there, done that, don't want to do it again.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way; I dress to be myself and to feel the excitement rushing through me when I dress and put makeup on to have others see how beautiful I am or can be!! I love xdressing and the feel of womens clothing and the prettiness of each individual item I wear.

Hannah~~

Karren H
10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I just dress to be prettier!!

kellycan27
10-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I am gonna dress up like a BOY for Halloween! :whistling:

CherylFlint
10-21-2009, 08:13 PM
I dress to be just little 'ole me, that's all. And I try and have a wonderful time each and everytime I do it. I also dress for the occasion. If I'm at the mall I'll be in jeans, on a Saturday night I'll be in a miniskirt.

sissystephanie
10-21-2009, 08:42 PM

I totally agree, Nathalie!!

Way back when I started crossdressing, about seventy years ago, nobody knew what a Drag Queen was! But I do know now that I really fit the role of a Crossdresser! I wear feminine clothes simply because I like to! I don't wear makeup or a wig because I am not trying to be a woman. I am just being me, a guy in a skirt!:)

suchacutie
10-21-2009, 08:51 PM
When I dress this feminine person named Tina appears. Knowing who she is...that's the immediate goal. She is clearly part of me, and although we've seen wisps of her shining through my masculinity, she's never had the chance to express herself. Maybe that's why I used to hate Halloween or anything that required me to compromise my masculinity. Somehow realizing that she was there and letting her express herself in all her femininity allowed me to get by whatever my masculinity would not allow.

Now that I can look at both parts of me I can see that they are so separate and so different that they would have a hard time existing together. Tina really enjoys learning how to be feminine. She just loves activities and ideas that my masculine side wouldn't bother thinking about for a second!

So, I dress for Tina, and while it is Tina she explores and never looks back!

Tina :)

Bobbie Bee
10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
DocRobby, I'm with you, I dress to be someone I am not. And, I guess I am amused by the image, but I also love the feel of women's clothing; the feel of a skirt or a dress on my my body is arousing. Then again, by dressing, I'm being me.

NicoleScott
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm with you, Doc, sort of. It's easy to say I just dress to be me, but who are we all kidding? We're guys dressing to be women. And I think we all find our own level of comfort. Some, just a modest dress. Others, lingerie. Others just want to look natural and blend in. Others, like me, the works. I guess you could say I just dress to be me, because I dress to what I call my own "femme identity". It's my comfort zone, or more appropriately, my pleasure zone. What drives me to dress is to maximize and exaggerate the differences in the ways women dress versus men. High heels, short skirts, heavy makeup, long eyelashes, long painted nails, deep red lipstick, etc. All over-thee-top as I can make it. Most of my dressing and making up is done in private, for my own pleasure. I never considered myself a drag queen, as I don't think I fit the description of a drag queen's dressup purpose and activities, even if I do look like one. Labels... Yes, I guess you could say I dress to be someone else, but no one in particular.

Teri Jean
10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
I find dressing to be me hard enough but now and then the little tramp comes out to play and well it is fun. LOL

Teri

trannie T
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
I am always the same person, I do not look upon myself as actually being a woman while dressed but try to act in a more feminine manner. I have a sense of being more complete when dressed. I am a man but I was born to wear dresses.

Veronica75
10-21-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm a Gemini, there is no me, just a whole lot of someone elses.

Tina B.
10-21-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm just dressing the femmine side of me. But then I have been doing it since I was a young thing, trying to figure out who me was.
Tina